Ranked and impossible

• ranked and impossible .. the ranked system of paladins is a joke..to start you fall with beginners and the worst kind of game in your team..you are obliged to load them, you have to make more than 20 eliminations in the game to win 5 points at the end..and when you lose because you can't carry so much bad face you lose 10 ... in those link drops from silver 1 to silver 2 you simply lose 30 points ... letting you play extremely stressed ranked .. you play play play and never leave the place ... load your team with your foot on your back to win 5 points..a game you lose back behind beyond where you were ... the ranking system would not be based on credits of each one at the end of the match ?? you already have a system no longer use it, because even in games that are defeats I make a lot of credit points..and credit nothing more and if you did well in the match (killed healed flanked captured goal) this needs to be revised and a lot stressful to play ranked in the paladins ... One more thing should have separate rows just like in other games, those who play solo cannot play against those who are in a closed team..you have to make another row for those who play in squads regardless of the link. . Once again it is impossible to play ranked, winning the game making more than 20 kills and getting only 5 points ... losing the game making more than 20 kills and losing 10 points tp..fall from silver link 1 to the silver 2 and lose 30 points of tp..start the silver 2 with 70 ja ... all this needs to be reviewed..it needs to be based on credits individually and not collectively .. i am from ps4 / pc game for 3 years every days and never thought to say it anymore I'm thinking of giving a time of paladins..hugs

• Your performance in game has no effect on how much triumph points you get in the end. Making 100 solo kills wont give you more points. This depends only on your intern ELO and those of the others.

Solo vs groups is indeed a main problem of ranking. If you want to rank up fast you need a group of two. The bigger your group the stronger the opponents you get from the match-maker. Two is the sweet spot from my experience.

• @U028059724 Honestly, elo hell doesn't exist like most people say it does. You get promoted when you overperform in your division. I still have critiques about ranked though.

Keeping up with the Joneses: If I'm in Gold, and I get put in a lobby against diamond players and I'm able to keep pace with them and even win while doing well, then why am I still in Gold? I think if you're overperforming in your division for like 3 or 4 games, they should give you a test match. If you perform well in that match, it's time for a promotion. If you don't, then maybe platinum and not diamond is the right choice.

No elo reset: I get why they do this. If it's a hard elo reset, then Uberspaydy can get in a match with someone who was Bronze I last season. That's not good. Still, they can do something a lot better. I would say 10 games before deciding your rank. If you perform well in 4 games, then I would put the person in a test match, and rank them based on if they pass their test or not. When you were platinum last season, and the soft elo reset puts you in platinum lobbies, then you do well, the game literally says "you did well in this platinum lobby! Obviously you're doing well and belong in platinum!" No... If I'm doing well in platinum and winning every game with superior stats to everyone in the lobby, I clearly deserve a higher rank.

New people: People need to have at least 5 champions from each class, 20 champions at minimum, and they need 3 from each class to be over level 8. If they select a champion under level 8, they are required to trade it or they get an automatic deserter.

Other than those qualms, I don't think elo hell is as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

• ELO hell doesnt exist... Sure, take a guess how this match went.

53307c89-9e7e-407a-b808-86ff0e197e36-image.png

Like I say in other thread:
    Division ≠ MMR
    And you had probably similar MMR.

• @HeartQueen said in Ranked and impossible:

Honestly, elo hell doesn't exist like most people say it does.

It does in many ways. If you play ten matches in Silver and 5 times win easily and 5 times lose without chances because the teams are not balanced you can't get forward. You get frustrated and your play gets worse therefor. Also if you don't know you need to group up to progress fast. If you lose because the game crashes. If you don't understand how the ranking works and why your good play is not rewarded. All this together is ELO hell.

For someone with GM skill and a partner with GM skill it's not difficult of course.

• @M3RC3N4RI0 said in Ranked and impossible:

@HeartQueen said in Ranked and impossible:

Honestly, elo hell doesn't exist like most people say it does.

It does in many ways. If you play ten matches in Silver and 5 times win easily and 5 times lose without chances because the teams are not balanced you can't get forward. You get frustrated and your play gets worse therefor. Also if you don't know you need to group up to progress fast. If you lose because the game crashes. If you don't understand how the ranking works and why your good play is not rewarded. All this together is ELO hell.

For someone with GM skill and a partner with GM skill it's not difficult of course.

It does exist to a certain extent. I listed why above. But it's not as bad as people make it out to be. Grouping up is always an advantage. You know the strengths and weaknesses of your friends versus some randoms you're playing with. I have a friend who's a good Lian, Imani, Maeve, Ying, Tyra, and Grover. I have a friend who's good with Lian, Tyra, Barik, and Terminus. Another friend who's good with Kinessa, Strix, Bomb King, Tyra, Grohk, Khan, and Zhin. Then another one who's good with Fernando, Ash, Grover, Skye, Seris, and Grohk. I'm good with Inara, Barik, Furia, Grover, Lian, Kinessa, Grohk, Jenos, Seris, Tyra, Vivian, and Willo. What do I logically do? Put everyone in the group on their strongest characters and draft around that. One is not good with supports, so I don't put them on supports. One isn't good on tanks, so I don't put them on tanks. One is really good on damage, so I put them on damage. That's something you can't do with randoms. Someone can be a level 52 Androxus and suck with him. I wouldn't know that. Someone can be level 10 with Androxus and pop off on him. How am I supposed to know? Still, you get promoted based on performance. I thought I would be hard stuck until the game promoted me. That's how I know elo hell isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

The best case of elo hell is the soft reset. If you were Gold last season, they treat you as a Gold player again. You dominate those lobbies and you're still in Gold or low platinum. I think they should do a test where they put you in diamond lobbies as a test, and you make diamond if you are able to perform well with them and keep up with them.

• @shadowchess Oh man that is absolutely disgusting. And the sad part is, I’m not surprised. This game has some of the worst matchmaking i’ve ever seen. They literally do not care because that is the only possible explanation for how the system could be so consistently awful

• @HeartQueen said in Ranked and impossible:

Grouping up is always an advantage.

The matchmaker picks stronger opponents against groups. The larger the group the better the teams they fight. Depending on how this is balanced grouping can be useless.