Will Heal Grohk Be Viable Next Patch?

• Title.

Also share builds, and as a side note... Would it be possible to run DPS Grohk the way he is being ran right now on the next patch?

He's currently the only 15k Champion I have yet to unlock because I don't wanna play games as Heal Grohk till I reach level 8. KEK

• @Demigod I think Grohk will become a good healer, he has two good talents for it, one being the staff heals, yes, theyre gonne get nerfed, but its still gonna be the stronger talent when it comes to healing, the 3 totems is better to pick up when it comes to ranked, cuz its an AoE heal, and u can deal more damage as well.

For loadouts I would recommend going with the two cards that synergize well for no cooldown on the totem, lvl 5 on the card that reduces ghost walk, lvl 5 on the card that reduces totem by everytime u go onto ghost walk, then with max chronos, u will always have at least one totem active.

• He feels super underwhelming honestly... Almost as if he was weaker than he was before.

My biggest issue is how weak the healing totem gives. You need to waste 2 of your totems to make it feel like old totem and keep your teammates alive anyway. But placing them is just so clunky. It isn't as noticeable this patch since you place 1 totem every 15s and be done with it, but requiring you to constantly spam 3 charges of your 10s totems feels just like a chore to use.

I also don't understand Spirits Domain nerf. His base kit healing was pretty much untouched, if anything, it has more downtime for similar healing output...

His ult is more supportive, but weaker at the same time, so im mixed feelings here too, his cards are much worse... He does feel like he's nerfed rather than buffed.

Now, what I would do with it: Revert almost everything. I am serious. All of those changes are lacking.

The only thing I would keep is:

• his Ghost Walk changes. Not only they make his F feel decent without cards, the card changes gave him some self sustain card option, which is what he needs.
    • I think I like outreach changes, too, we could keep that

Then, I would do this:

• Make his Spirits Domain not put him in combat while he is healing, as it should be working from the freaking start. Why Grohk is the only support punished for healing his allies. Even pip can work around it with Gift Giver. How much of a spaghetti of a code is paladins that they didn't do it yet... Is average sneeze of a change enough to make the whole out of combat system fall apart or something???
    • Make Totemic Ward give 40% increased AoE instead of bonus healing. This would actually make it bigger than old 125% range card, moving it from 30 units to 39.2. I feel like people use this talent incorrectly, in my eyes this isn't a healing talent, but is mainly a talent to counter big CC comps, so that extra range could help a lot more in telling people what's it for than the bonus healing.
    • Rework either Healing Rain or Crackle to make it work similarly to Pip's Gift Giver: Gain {20|20}% of Totem's healing value if you are out of its range.

And be done with him. There's way too much changes that do nothing to make him better as a support, and if anything, make him worse than he is.

• PC

The more and more I see it in PTS, the more and more I lean... NO.

Yeah Ghost Walk got buffed, but that's really IT... Healing is actually worse, damage is worse, ult is no longer the "get out of jail free card" it used to be...

Here's what I would think to do. (Though I really like most of @TTraw's ideas, I have a few different takes on it).

• Totem still needs to have stacks. I do like the idea they were going with, but the execution was AWFUL. Pretty much forces you to wait on Totems for WAY longer than you should. Lower the base cooldown per stack to 7 seconds (14 seconds for 2 totems isn't bad) and increase the healing to 300 HPS. Also increase base radius to 30u.

• I will say though I do not like the Totemic Ward idea proposed. At all. I feel like that should be relegated to Outreach instead (so it increases it by 5 units every rank, giving it up to 55u range, without needing the talent). I don't like it mainly because it seems like it would be more of a gimmick than anything and would never ever get used because it would offer nothing in terms of healing which would pretty much put the talent at worse than Spirit's Domain tbh. What they SHOULD do to new Totemic is to put 50% reduction instead of 100%, which would stack with diminishing returns. This way, you STILL get the bonus heals, but you also get the CC Reduction and it will get to nearly full if you get the totem stacks in the right place. Also make it grant 25% increased healing instead of 20%

In other words it would read like this: "Totems can store an additional charge, grant 20% increased healing, and give allies 50% CC reduction, reduction stacking per totem." (Only a 72.5% reduction with three out, but still not bad. Plus on top of that you have the potential to stack more diminishing returns from Resilience. LOTS of maths on this one, btw). Also, Outreach would read like this: Grants (17/17)% bonus totem healing radius.

• Also rework Totemic Rescue. The card is way out of date and doesn't help Grohk in any way. Make it now grant a (10/10)% reduction to active cooldowns on eliminations. This way Grohk can sustain his healing output, but also sustain Ghost Walk uptime.

• Everything else aside from Ghost Walk? Revert. Do agree 100% on the Spirit's Domain and the card rework (Though I say Healing Rain should be the reworked card and I have my obvious enough reasons).

• @Dusklicious You can stack three totums for 900 health a second and those would come back in 10 seconds.

Before it was, what like 550 a second for one that took 15 seconds to come back...

So even is you just triple click and use it as a single charge its still gone from 15 to 10 sscond cool down.

the big gain is you can pop a totum to heal a hiding flank without being screwed on point for 15 seconds which would just ensure your tanks death

• @shadowchess said in Will Heal Grohk Be Viable Next Patch?:

You can stack three totums for 900 health a second and those would come back in 10 seconds.

This is not how charges work. you wait 10 seconds for each charge, resulting in 30s to get all 3 back.

So you have 500h/s every 20s, previously you had 420 every 15s. But Gale was a thing and it reduced it by 5 s and now is only 3...

• PC

@TTraw said in Will Heal Grohk Be Viable Next Patch?:

@shadowchess said in Will Heal Grohk Be Viable Next Patch?:

You can stack three totums for 900 health a second and those would come back in 10 seconds.

This is not how charges work. you wait 10 seconds for each charge, resulting in 30s to get all 3 back.

So you have 500h/s every 20s, previously you had 420 every 15s. But Gale was a thing and it reduced it by 5 s and now is only 3...

This. Charges do not work that way at all. You have to wait the full cooldown for each charge. In other words, to get similar healing as before, you'd have to put down two totems, on essentially a 20 second cooldown. Right now, his current totem has a 15 second cooldown. That in and of itself makes it obvious enough it's a nerf and not a buff.

Also, indeed, Domain seems better than Totems in PTS. The 20% does jack $#!+, even with the third totem. That says a lot, because Spirit's on PTS is still PRETTY bad since they gutted the healing. Grohk is looking like the new worst support. Yeah he was actually decent on live if you could make it work, now on PTS he's trash.

• @Dusklicious oh thats really bad, i assumed that if they where all used they would all have a cool down timer. If using gale doesnt cool down all three that have been used then it is total garbage.

• Okay so someone said to me that apparently Grohk's Outreach card on live server is actually 10% instead of 25% since ever despite what description says, can someone confirm this?

alt text

That would mean that Outreach 4 is exact same size live as ptr totem at base.

If that's the case, then I guess outreach changes are better than I expected and my suggestion with CC Totem giving increased range would be kinda OP.

• PC

@Dusklicious totally agree, the new totem Grohk feels somewhat very lacking, both on healing part, and why did they nerf his ult? Also the removal of CC is sad, it made him have a unique niche, which was used more lately since the Resilience nerfs. I like your proposition about giving the totems a CC resilience, with it stacking to 75% with all three totems, it would make playing totem actually worthfile and totem placing requiring skill to counterplay CC right.

• If only they kept CC Immunity on his totems... He won't be a healbot

What about damage grohk though? Is he gonna drop in quality or playstyle?

• PC

@Demigod said in Will Heal Grohk Be Viable Next Patch?:

If only they kept CC Immunity on his totems... He won't be a healbot

What about damage grohk though? Is he gonna drop in quality or playstyle?

Not as much as heal Grohk, but they nerfed his ult, so I think so.

• Personally...
    I do not like the idea of the area of the fields stacking effective healing.
    I would just prefer the meta tactic to cover area and rotate between totem charges.

The elephant in the room about grohk is that fanbase want shock orb to become a heal utility to work off allies, I would like a small burst chain cluster team support ability.

• @AYYDIMITRI They need to change the card that cools down when ghost walk. It just sucks to have to use your movement escape ability to just to make healing viable. Just change it to a direct cool down reduction card. Or add another card that cools down ghost walk when you hit people with shock pulse.

• PC

@AYYDIMITRI the bouncing Idea would be interesting for SD, with additional balance, but imo Grohk Totem is an unnecessary change with a good intention and bad realisation, like in part with Solar Blessing too.

• @TTraw Not to mention the elimination of the healing card! I mean, if you have some thicc team mates you role healing rain OBVIOUSLY. But now they trade that for a useless speed buff? Maybe not useless, but not 5% of max hp/second useful. MY POOR NANDO!!! What's he gonna do now?

• I just realized it takes both totems just to equal the nerfed staff. And they loses CC immunity. For another useless totem that takes like 2 charges to heal up a squishy. So... I'm really not liking the totem change. A tiny bit more healing than the staff for 3 times the effort in exchange for a loss in utility.