some suggestion for fernando

• i think he's in bad spot right now, when enemy get wrecker he cannot sustain anymore on the point
    inara have dmg reduction
    khan have shout
    terminus & atlas cannot be counter by wrecker or buldoz
    barik and ash have good mobility

so my suggestion to buff him

1. increasing hp
    2. buff safe travel
    3. reduce penalty movement when using fire lance
    4. rework aegis - while shield active 20% damage deal to you and your team mate 40ft around you deal to shield

• Two of these suggestions are hard countered by wrecker though so no point adding it. Adding Aegis to his base kit and replacing the talent with one that makes his shield function like Khan's would help even if he gets called a Reinhardt copy

• @OriginalEquinox said in some suggestion for fernando:

Two of these suggestions are hard countered by wrecker though so no point adding it. Adding Aegis to his base kit and replacing the talent with one that makes his shield function like Khan's would help even if he gets called a Reinhardt copy

-even counter by wrecker big personal shield it help nando to survive, like barik he can survive long enough with his bowling ball

-make aegis is basic kit is bad thing it encourage newbie player to shielding all time, and can lead toxicity, i see recently many new nando blame dmg or flank while he sit on the point shield all time, of course enemy ignore him and destroy their back line easly

• How about making his shield immune to damage for 2 or 3 seconds when it deploys?

• @socuteboss yeah Aegis is definitely a problem with low levels, haven't seen him much since the nerfs so I forgot it for a second. Though as someone who played him a lot back then I have to disagree with the shield being his saving grace part, the only way to survive as a Nando is to be super aggressive, his shield is only good for blocking some burst or some ults like Seris but mostly to block burst damage, after that you have to drop it and go back to keeping the pressure on the enemies because the burn proc is surprisingly good at getting them to back off and give you breathing room.

One way or the other I hope they remove Aegis and replace it with something more useful like CC immunity on his dash or the old talent that made his Lance a sniper even

though as someone who played him a lot back then I have to disagree with the shield being his saving grace part, the only way to survive as a Nando is to be super aggressive

Hey! I thought Fernando's schtick is protecting his teammates and specializing in his shield! Which is why Aegis exists. What you stated is not what Fernando is supposed to be and your proposal will ruin him as someone who protects allies and blocks attack with his shield. Plus, there's Ash for hyperaggression, and that, along with applying force to enemies, is her schtick. Not Fernando's.

• @KOHCTPYKTOP said in [some suggestion for fernando]:

Hey! I thought Fernando's schtick is protecting his teammates and specializing in his shield! Which is why Aegis exists. What you stated is not what Fernando is supposed to be and your proposal will ruin him as someone who protects allies and blocks attack with his shield. Plus, there's Ash for hyperaggression, and that, along with applying force to enemies, is her schtick. Not Fernando's.

I second this. Of all of my paladins, I am best with Fernando. He doesn't need to be buffed or nerfed. People just need to know how to use him and how to work together as a team. He is perfect (for me).

Don't mess with my Fernando!

• @KOHCTPYKTOP maybe that's how he was meant to be played but the design team clearly didn't take Vivian and wrecker into consideration when making him lol, which is why I said you need to be aggressive with him. If you try to hide behind the shield all game you're putting your team in a 4v5, and don't forget how easy it is to counter his shield even without wrecker, just use almost any form of CC on him

@KOHCTPYKTOP

Hey! I thought Fernando's schtick is protecting his teammates and specializing in his shield!

I've been playing Fernando since ob50-something

While Fernando has a whole lot of tools to protect his teammates. His shield shouldn't be used for a long peroid of time which makes Aegis a waste.

The best way to utilize it, is to use it on low teammates and your job is to make sure they run away. Once they're gone, that's when you put your shield down and start being super aggressive in order to take the attention off them.

The shield is also used as a getaway as well as a method to proc heat transfer II+. If you know how to use the backwards charge, it's a very good substitute for the safe travel card.

One last reason you would want to use it is to regenerate with last stand but that card is pretty crap after they nerfed it twice.

Which is why Aegis exists. What you stated is not what Fernando is supposed to be and your proposal will ruin him as someone who protects allies and blocks attack with his shield.

Actually, Aegis is and always has been a crap talent even when it reduced your cooldown to 8 seconds (But everything changed when ob64 attacked). It's has the lowest overall winrate and it could use a rework.

Removing Aegis from the game does not ruin Fernando because Fernando's shield already has a long duration. If you're using your shield, you are currently doing nothing and you're slower than you normally are.

Once you get to higher ranked games, you should always be doing something. You need to get a credit advantage in order to get cards like cauterize and rejuvenate. An aggressive Fernando will always have one of the highest credits by the end of the game unless the enemy caps 3 times.

Another thing to note is that Fernando's shield doesn't regenerate. You need your shield at 8k when you get into a fight. If you're using Aegis, that means you're running around with a movement penalty and a shield that's probably half damaged. At mid-game to late-game, it's very easy for your shield to simply disappear within 3 seconds and you want it to disappear because every 1k damage reduces the cooldown for your movement ability if you use heat transfer.

All and all, you do not need Aegis to protect allies or block attacks. You can still block ults without Aegis and you can still block burst attacks without Aegis since they're designed to one-shot your shield with wrecker.

Plus, there's Ash for hyperaggression, and that, along with applying force to enemies, is her schtick. Not Fernando's.

Yes, Ash is the hyperaggressive frontline. But Fernando is also best played aggressive. He doesn't have Ash's sheer tankiness, the ability to give the enemy some damage falloff nor her knockback, but he has some powerful chase tools.

His flame lance has a decent range and it has a 2 second wallhack. And since it's a piercing weapon, Fernando should be using it constantly if he's on point because it can apply cauterize to every living thing on point.

His charge has a low cooldown, it can easily close the gap and it will be ready for you if you have a good deck. His fireball is good for sniping a running enemy in case the remaining burn effect doesn't kill them.

In addition to that, scorch allows him to burst down supports since they're always behind the enemy frontline which allows him to easily chain that 650 damage burst.

Fernando and Ash are different kinds of bruiser. Ash can pressure the entire enemy team while Fernando pressures supports or damages.

• Dimitri's Stance on Aegis
    A lower CD DOES NOT PROVIDE ENOUGH DEFENCE UTILITY in its current state.
    It was effective when the player could have a potential 5s CD on the shield if combined with card synergies. But this gave him too much HP to chew through too often.

ALL I ASK FOR AS A +60 FERNANDO PLAYER IS:

• Provides Self CC Immunity for duration of shield.
    • Shield no longer has infinite duration.

Having a consistant anti CC defense option to deny every big CC effect that would be used to drop your massive CD shield instantly would the provide armour needed against CC abilitiy combos used against Nando when he is at his weakest and most vubrable moments.

Having anti CC tied to shield is not a big buff as the shield is already good at denying most forms of CC, however for defence utility Fernando has nothing to counter abilities that would pierce his shield, shield piercing abilities really hurt Nando more then other Tanks due to the long CD of shield making for a less reactive defence.

maybe that's how he was meant to be played but the design team clearly didn't take Vivian and wrecker into consideration when making him lol

Or Khan commando grip. Or Terminus stun jump. Or...