Can the upcoming accommodations calm down the toxic throwers?

• PC

just wondering. Is this possible??

• @DambaKing Probably not, but it cannot hurt.

• PC

I doubt that it can. Its a system used in some other games, and if its only commending, its always positive ranking, not negative. Probably, people who go afk in the middle of the match will not care much about commendments either.

• PC

The answer I think is a hard no. I don't think commendations will somehow fix the toxicity in this game. Surely can't hurt, but I don't think it will really do anything.

• Only thing that calms toxic throwers is a ban. The commendations aren't for them. They're for the people trying to improve the game and their experience of it. The people turning every match into a 4v6 have a lot of problems that have nothing to do with videogames. They suck at people.

I know because I was one of those people. I can still freak out sometimes, but I stay on push to talk and try to keep with questions rather than commands... although "where's the team?" is a grey area I'm working on.

But when I keep my shit together and am encouraging under fire it feels really nice to see a "You're a swell teammate" little award thing. Just a little extra incentive to keep it civil.