Dusklicious' Tier List

• PC

@Shadowpuppy said in Dusklicious' Tier List:

@Dusklicious

The thing is, is that Talus is already one of the fastest champs in the game at 390

Zhin 390
    IO 380

So 50% on top of already being faster than everyone else is huge.

390 * 0.49628 = 193.54 + 390 = 583 Movement speed

Most champs have to get nimble just to get close to matching his base speed.

Pretty much. I use the movement speed personally to get into people's faces even if it means I have to teleport back and play in my backline for a bit. It's usually quite effective and normally I get an elim or two when I go in. Sometimes I even get double or triple kills just diving into their backline with the extra movespeed.

But that strategy can get countered by hard CC. Cripples even with a loadout that doesn't force you to use your teleports most of the time can be a real pain to deal with, and stuns/roots are Talus' kryptonite.

• PC

@Vaporized
    let them, at this point we can't save em from stupidity

like speed will make good players miss their shots...like you won't have to tp because good players will not see you coming and not shoot at you before you can even get close...
    if it works for them then good lmao, but I mean, it might be why they are stuck in silver-gold :') and they think talus works because they had one master in their team who carried them... "master game", nah master game is when you got 10 players with master lvl
    ah maybe they finally reached plat, great achievement, fun facts, I always place in plat1 and reach diamond in about 10games without any difficulty, right now I'm gonna rank up from D5 without having lost a single game since I'm D5...but surely they know way better than me
    I totally don't have over 3k hours in paladins, nor playing at a higher lvl, nor am I playing in scrims, nor do I know most values of damage, cooldowns, timing and whatever there is to know, and so on
    surely I'm super bad and got no idea what I'm talking about

sure talus is good with faustian bargain, if and only if you don't take any damage, do you think that is likely to happen? I'd be very curious to see your guru tbh, just to laugh a bit

• @TangAce lol, Your in plat 2 with 17 rank matches for the season. Your so full of shit.

• PC

@Shadowpuppy

lmao, I'm in D5 rn, never was P2 this split since I placed P1

also P2 was my console rank last split since you can't read 😉 not that I have played much on console, maybe around 20 games, I haven't played console this split and I don't intend to do so

but anyway guru isn't updating properly

but I think everyone will totally notice how you can't even read a guru profile properly
    yaknow, there's written (and it's pretty big) CONTROLLER QUEUE
    and magic, just a bit under you can see written KEYBOARD AND MOUSE QUEUE

wow must be hard to read I guess

• @TangAce had no reason to think that you would have a console playing rank with it.

Shadowpuppy Season 3
    eeb8d6cc-4ff2-46d9-91d2-1aa00efda17e-image.png

TangAce Season 3 has not played him at all
    Season 2
    c4bdfd1e-0d82-49cf-a9b4-52cb211cecde-image.png

So you played 6 hours of Talus back in season 2 and you know all about him. Or was it season 1 or beta that you made all your conclusions?

If you do not want to learn new things that great but using outdated thoughts to try and discredit people that actually spend the time to learn and play the champ is kinda silly.

• PC

@Shadowpuppy

I only played console a bit, talus on console is good in ranked, even in scrims he's not picked for reasons I already mentioned

I played talus in S2 in console queue
    I don't play talus on pc ranked because I don't want to feed, unlike some other people thinking they are so good

first I am proficient with 90% of the champs and got a pretty good understand of the game, I don't need to play a champ to know if he's good or not, or what he's good at
    I don't play ruckus at all, yet I know what he can do, how people play him, how good he is, in what comp you can use him, and so on
    why don't I need to play a champ to know? because other people play it, because I will still play it in casual, I'll still research everything I can about him, simply because you gotta know what other people play and why

by the way, I always try out new things, but there is nothing new with talus since a pretty long time, so nothing new to try, and I did play talus with faustian bargain probably before you even tried talus lmao, I think anyone knowing me a bit on this forum will be able to tell that I'm always the first one to try new things and to play differently, but I'm also realistic, some things just don't work (like if you wanna play pure healer seris, that ain't possible no matter how hard you can try)

also, not to brag, but I have quite way better stats than you on talus (no point in mentioning that I surely have better stats than you on most champs if not all, and that overall I play in higher level than you, and I also scrim a lot, and even coach a decent team)

I played talus long time ago, he never really got anything new or gamechanging since then, I've tried whatever was to try at some updates, no need for more

if you can't even see the points I gave when explaining why talus isn't so good, then there's nothing I can do for you

but no worries, I'll make a pretty detailed tierlist when I take some time to do so (and it's not like I was the only one saying what I said...as always, weird how it's always the same 3 on one side and everyone else on the other)

• PC

This post is deleted!

• @TangAce said in Dusklicious' Tier List:

I also love how it's always you 3 and only you 3 to downvote my posts just cause you ain't happy bout what I'm sayin

Any upvotes? o_Ô

• @TangAce You get downvotes for reasons i cant explain to you without breaking forum rules.

I say goodday!

• PC

@Shadowpuppy said in Dusklicious' Tier List:

@Dusklicious Yea nimble two gets you up to 50% movement speed level three gets you to 53% so i dont normally get level 3 nimble unless its the last thing.

63f64fec-0ae2-4549-b659-87309797ec88-image.png

what is this? Website?

• @NoMemeNoLife I just googled

paladins deminishing returns calculator

https://jscalc-blog.com/paladins-diminishing-returns-calculator/

• @Dusklicious This is your tierlist or opinion but I personally think Kinessa, Skye and Seris should be higher on the list. As a lvl 122 skye main, I think smoke and dagger still needs another heal nerf. Its still pretty strong and skye can do any two of these things at the same time which are flanking, peeling, and healing. This makes it very difficult for flanks to do their job if Skye is still alive. And in big maps where Smoke and dagger doesn't work except for serpent beach, Preparation is a strong pick outside of splitstone quarry. Debilitate is good but not worth picking over Preparation unless enemy has raum or terminus. She's insane with this sleeper pick. Fights with her end pretty quickly most of the time and since shes a little bit low on mobility, shes more reliant on being used with a high risk high reward mindset and much better positioning. Id place her lower high.
    As long as Inara is pretty strong and common in ranked, Seris healing will never rlly be too weak and Inara wall will make enemy healers other than jenos and corvus weaker while making Seris healing much stronger. It is a little weak but tanks need to treat it like a jenos heal and that way her heal wont be a problem she can still get high heal numbers. Seris dmg is pretty insane once stacks are maxed and her ult isn't total garbage becuz it takes skill to use. Jenos ult isn't rlly good as a lot of people think. There are high rank matches where jenos misses every ult and he still does decent which happens. Seris ult has a much faster charge. Always play mortal reach if there are 2 shield tanks. Soul collector isn't her best talent anymore now that her uncauterised heal got overnerfed. The thing about this talent that keeps it from being trash is that the extra 1s duration gives players time to receive the rest of the healing+ after caut nerf it heals 625 atleast which is not bad at caut 3. Healing players under caut 3 with this talent is worth it as long as the player has near full health. people tend to exaggerate the viability of this talent and its not the only viable option imo mortal reach is good too. I'd place her at lower mid becuz she only has 2 good talents and soul collector is countered by double shield.
    I think kinessa should be way higher for 3 reasons. one, Fish market came back to the ranked pool in this patch, two, she has 8 viable maps out of 10 in the current ranked pool with like 6 of them being sniper maps with 4 out of 6 of those being much stronger sniper maps and 3 bazaar was introduced into the game. I'd put her at upper mid becuz of that. Scratch that she could be better than strix as a pick now that so many sniper maps are in the ranked map pool and becuz strix got alot of nerfs. Strix is the better champ comparing their kits but with the map pools being sniper heavy, I now believe Kinessa is a way better pick in most of the sniper maps.

• PC

@SNIper-poTAto

nessa is better than strix in most sniper maps, cause mobility (only exception I see would be frozen guard "maybe") at least she's not worse than strix

• @SNIper-poTAto I agree about Skye. She is a solid flank/healer/damage hybrid. The low ranks of Seris and Kinessa are reasonable though. If you look at Vex30 tierlist for example, the poor only character down there at D is - Seris. Her winrate is low. I checked her winrate with soul-collector, it's 47% over all ranks (54% at Diamond though). Kinessa is a sniper and as such map dependent. If RockMonkey at Frog Isle plays her she is good, but for the average player at a random map not so much.

@TangAce Vex30 has Strix higher than Kinessa, Randomnoob also - well, on the other hand he has "noob" in his name, so he has no idea probably. 🙂

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0

depends maps and comps, and what they are used to, most pros play strix because he was really broken a while ago, so they play him better than nessa
    strix is easier to counter, that's why I'd say nessa is better or at least not worse
    but I can hear that strix might be better than nessa, why not, but don't put nessa 10 tiers bellow strix lmao
    still since her tp buff I don't think she's more than 1 tier bellow or above strix

• @M3RC3N4RI0 Winrate is an absolutely terrible way to determine the viability of a champion. I agree with @TangAce on the reason why kinessa is not being picked over strix in the PPL or PPC. And before s3, vex30 called Seris trash even at lower ranks although she was pretty strong at any competitive level. And after s3 happened, vex30 still had the same opinion even when she's much better now. Now all of a sudden he's saying Soul Collector is a viable strat for solo healer even when he said mortal reach is like his best talent in every situation in his eyes recently that is until @TTraw convinced him otherwise for almost years or whatnot. At this point I'm not going to value the opinion of any well known pro player towards champions who fall under either the low tier or underrated but decent category(Kinessa included). Better to play the champs yourself and have your own opinion. PPL players don't know everything.

• @SNIper-poTAto said in Dusklicious' Tier List:

Winrate is an absolutely terrible way to determine the viability of a champion.

Depends how you define "viability". If you define it as "personal opinion" then you are right.

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0 said in Dusklicious' Tier List:

@SNIper-poTAto said in Dusklicious' Tier List:

Winrate is an absolutely terrible way to determine the viability of a champion.

Depends how you define "viability". If you define it as "personal opinion" then you are right.

Viability to an extent isn't really that much of an objective thing. It's subjective to an extent. At least that's how I see it.

• PC

@SNIper-poTAto

oh damn thank you for saying this
    that is so true
    by the way soul collector was always viable as a second heal, and now I'd say it's really great for offheal (and I've been playing soul collector since a pretty damn while)
    I could also mention how vex played a furia loadout that wasn't even that good (like self heal at lvl 2 lmao) yet everyone will listen to them
    anyway with my playtime experience and everything else, I don't consider myself being a ton worse than pro players in terms of game knowledge and strategies/gamesense, because I have really poor aim and still, I'm able to stand up there with all these players having godlike aim, just cause I know the game a lot and use my brain
    pro players are used to always play the same things, so they lack open mindedness, and it's more difficult for them to adapt to a meta shift, look how navi struggled so much during Io meta just because they couldn't play Io comps properly

now imagine saying viability is subjective, honestly, there is nothing beside statistics that can be objective -.- so sure viability comes down to what people can achieve, yet there are things you can say are worse or better more or less objectively, so nice reply from you two really, cause it wasn't super obvious that most things in this world are subjective -.-

• PC

Imagine posting an opinion on the internet, on a forum with a few over-inflated egos that can't remotely understand the concept of an opinion. Anyways...

Tier List 3.3 Week 2.jpg

• Strix- Since I heard a lot of whining and moaning about Strix being too high (which didn't and still doesn't make any sense to me but whatever), here you are. Strix out of high tier. You happy now? This is the absolute lowest I could place him without feeling like I should get laughed out of the room. Problem with him is that you try to flank him and most of the time the coffin dance may as well start playing for you BECAUSE HE CAN TWO SHOT EVERY FLANK IN THE ENTIRE GAME EXCEPT BULK UP BUCK, FROM WHATEVER RANGE, WHENEVER.

• Kinessa- Upon reflection and thinking about the games I've had against really good Kinessa players, I opted to place her a bit higher on the list. She has a decent amount of burst mobility and her damage output is pretty decent. Problem with her is that she can't almost constantly output it like Strix can, and she actually LOSES to flanks like a sniper SHOULD. Which really is a no-brainer if you rub two brain cells together and actually think.

• Dredge, Ruckus, and Skye- All only really slightly higher. They're all still very counterable or in Ruckus' case, sacrificial, choices. I say sacrificial when referring to Ruckus here because you sacrifice having an off-tank with actual sustain or having a top 3 off-tank which are really just significantly better than the rest overall. Though when Vortex Grip gets nerfed in the near future, expect that 3 to become a 2. In the case of Dredge, he's a very easy flank and he can be quite map-dependent. Without long sightlines he can really struggle to output good damage, making him frankly pretty much unviable on several maps. As for Skye, I really think she was VERY much a flavor of the month pick before they nerfed her healing build and before people thought once again, maybe I should just buy ILLUMINATE? Or better yet, just have decent game sense?