March Rage Thread

• @Dusklicious said in March Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen said in March Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious said in March Rage Thread:

Jay Flare: releases a video on Koga stating the fact he's still good.

Comments: Bunch of whiny flank mains saying he's terrible when he just isn't broken anymore, like Maeve...

(Seriously, though, Maeve can actually BEAT Barik, when the matchup should be very heavily in Barik's favor...)

Also, "Insert actually really strong character here is weak because I can't make them work" (That is logic I see a LOT of, here and on YouTube)... If I tiered like that, I'll just say that Barik would be GOD TIER (yep, above top) almost every patch, probably still at least high tier even at his worst times during the late end of OB when everybody said he was the worst tank (when at the time Ash was definitely worse), and some crybabies on Reddit went as far as to say worst character.

Blame crybaby dps mains for Barik's current state. "Barik was hard to kill" Almost like he's a point tank who's supposed to be hard to kill.

The problem isn't Barik's state. He's actually still good, he just doesn't have the crutch he used to have. In fact I believe I made a balancing thread that highlights the position I still sort of have: if anything, he still might need a few small nerfs to his turret's sustain.

The issue is Maeve being so downright broken... Even her second best talent is stupid broken... She's just absolutely insane right now. Between Predation, stupid mobliity, stupid burst (especially with CB), and even a potential ability to delete tanks on a pretty short cooldown as long as they're at about 1000-1500 health or less.

It also doesn't help Siege is so biased for tanks that it skews the balancing of the game as a whole. This is why we need a competitive mode that ISN'T siege, pretty badly.

He does not need a nerf to his turret sustain. He ate so many nerfs already. This is the problem with people. When someone is good at their job, people cry for nerfs instead of buffing people to be on par with them. Barik has the lowest hp pool, self sustain is the best thing he has since he has no more tinkering damage and poke. Now I'm glad they nerfed tinkering because that actually was pretty broken, but they nerfed it too much in my opinion. Dealing less damage just to have more poke isn't worth it. His turrets barely heal for anything now. He's seeing less and less sustain as time goes on, which is bad because he has the lowest health pool and no damage mitigation in his base kit. Plus most of his sustain is countered by cauterize. The last thing Barik needs is a nerf.

It's going to be like Overwatch where tanks and supports are going to be nerfed. Then people cry about how dps champions are op, so they buff tanks and supports and usher in deathball. Then a bunch of blast champions to counter them.

• PC

Ugh server lag... Trying to play flank Pip, but every time I press F the jump stops working, I can't hit shots or heal myself because the inputs are delayed by what I swear must be at least half a second... Oh and my ult sometimes totally doesn't work. This isn't annoying just when I try to Pip either.

Somebody in a party described it in a funny but accurate way: "Paladins got coronavirus."

• I am very disappointed and angry with the new combat pass... What for? Why did you create such tasks? Why do you make people play characters that they don't like? Why do you force people to be treated on tanks? Why do we have to spoil the game for all people, trying to fuck up on PIP more than on a normal support? Why couldn't I do neutral tasks that would suit all people and characters? You actually force people to sit in training, because some of the tasks do not want to perform in a game with people. Why do Maeve always get the costumes? Because children like cats? Why do crashes happen all the time and people get banned because of your mistakes? Why did ping jump to impossible indicators, which is why it throws out of the game and people catch reports? I have hundreds of such questions, but I understand the answer will be something like: "We are working on correcting errors" and: "the Combat pass is designed for all people," but these are the usual excuses.

• PC

but every time I press F the jump stops working

It happens to me, but with nando's ult..............................

• PC

I've been suspicious of strange payload behavior prior to S3 but now it's being exposed.

Who in their right mind would stay in a match 74 minutes?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/fkkzd6/game_broken_explained_comments/

What kind of stupid bugs have you guys created here?

• PC

@DaddyOoker said in March Rage Thread:

What kind of stupid bugs have you guys created here?

I honestly think this patch has introduced a lot more bugs than it fixed, and it did fix a good few. I'm encountering Open Beta Term levels of bugginess on literally every character. Grover in particular has gotten SO buggy... 🤔 Also Pip, but he's always been buggy. I think this new "server technology" is much worse than what we had before. It's a downgrade in my book, plain and simple.

• PC

This post is deleted!

• PC

@Dusklicious

Even the death cards are bugged. I posted a shot where the card wasn't even there. They can't even make new code work correctly. The excitement of the ceiling/stars after being killed is overwhelming.

New server tech is a snoozer.

hamster.jpg

• @DaddyOoker

I don't know why. I decided to return Paladins, at least for complete the battle pass. But many times that I lose on ranked is when they forced overtimes. Two more ranked and to loses. Sometimes with bad luck, sometimes, one of two members on my team are toxic and wanted to become Bronze V, sometimes the opponent were too strong and bad placed (they are many players placed on Silver, but with a Diamond skill.

Last match, I lost because their Koga made more than 200K points of damage (243.789 points of damage). My mistake in that match was not ban Koga (I had the opportunity to ban him). And their Victor more than 150K points of damage. I was the only member of my team that made more than 100K points of damage.

https://paladins.guru/match/950041869

• I came back for try out some custom games. Strix and Kinessa can't move their weapons when they are scoping.

• PC

@KicsitCsicska said in March Rage Thread:

I came back for try out some custom games. Strix and Kinessa can't move their weapons when they are scoping.

Check your scope sensitivity. It's probably negative. You can fix that by just setting the value to whatever your preferred value is from pre-patch.

• PC

@NoMemeNoLife said in March Rage Thread:

but every time I press F the jump stops working

It happens to me, but with nando's ult..............................

I think Nando's ult prevents you from jumping normally. Weightless shouldn't do that.

• PC

@Dusklicious woa this is helpful, I have the same problem since the last update. I'll try this tomorrow

• edited viktor rank.jpg

Imagine losing a game like this because of a last pick Lex. And no I wasn't just pouring damage into Raum and inflating my stats, though I did destroy Raum. I was literally killing everyone except Jenos. I was killing Zhin, Tyra, Bomb King, and Raum. Yet Lex just kept feeding. He also picked Lex against Zhin and Bomb King because being countered is fun I guess. This is the problem in rank. I have to ban everything that can kill me, and then try to hard carry. Yet the last pick screws us because "need a flank" is highlighted in yellow. I'm not even a dps main, yet I have to play dps if I'm at the top because bottom picks like Lex literally just feed.

• PC

edited viktor rank.jpg

Imagine losing a game like this because of a last pick Lex. And no I wasn't just pouring damage into Raum and inflating my stats, though I did destroy Raum. I was literally killing everyone except Jenos. I was killing Zhin, Tyra, Bomb King, and Raum. Yet Lex just kept feeding. He also picked Lex against Zhin and Bomb King because being countered is fun I guess. This is the problem in rank. I have to ban everything that can kill me, and then try to hard carry. Yet the last pick screws us because "need a flank" is highlighted in yellow. I'm not even a dps main, yet I have to play dps if I'm at the top because bottom picks like Lex literally just feed.

Lex is honestly a throw pick at this point. There's no reason to pick him over any other flank or literally any other champion for that matter. His Q does essentially nothing, his RMB is bad...

I swear almost every single time I lose a Siege match now it's because I have teammates who don't understand what an objective is... 😒 I mean I just had a team who did pretty much no damage to Luna while she was open on point. Three DPSes by the way, and NONE of them even TRY to take her down.

• PC

So somebody on another forum is starting a pointless argument with me about something that happened on here that's of absolutely no relevance to them... 😒 Why do people have to be so petty?

Also on an unrelated note, why does Strix have to be so hard to deal with? He snipes you before you can even flank him, and even when you get there, he still does way too much damage to kill reliably... He's a sniper for f***'s sake, why is it easier for me to flank a f***ing Evie (who IS a flank, and a very mobile one at that) than a Strix?

• @Dusklicious said in March Rage Thread:

edited viktor rank.jpg

Lex is honestly a throw pick at this point. There's no reason to pick him over any other flank or literally any other champion for that matter. His Q does essentially nothing, his RMB is bad...

I swear almost every single time I lose a Siege match now it's because I have teammates who don't understand what an objective is... 😒 I mean I just had a team who did pretty much no damage to Luna while she was open on point. Three DPSes by the way, and NONE of them even TRY to take her down.

Last picks in rank screw everyone over. They go Khan when you need a point tank. They go Lex just because "flank needed" is highlighted in big letters. They say "Can you pick Skye for me?" or "Can I Tyra?" and feed their asses off. I literally tell everyone in the ban process "this is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." Literally an idea of the bottom pick like first picking Skye so they can be Skye and trade. Something that should be common sense to the top pick, yet they tell me "shut the fuck up, it can work." And then it doesn't work, and we end up losing because of it. I try my hardest to push through it, yet it just doesn't work. And top pick gets toxic to bottom pick and threatens to report, yet they didn't want to listen to me when I said this would happen.

• I literally hate bottom picks in rank. It's not that they aren't good, it's that they are not good and unyielding. People who only play Maeve, Skye, or Tyra, and you have to work around them. 'This idiot is Maeve, Skye, or Tyra no matter what, how do I draft around them?' Not only do I have to ban what will kill me/what I can't kill, but I also have to try to draft around them and pick people to prevent a hard counter.

Literal scenario: Our last pick is a "Get me Tyra please" person. They aren't willing to tank or support either, so let's see how we can save the draft. I don't want to dps against Terminus, so let's ban him. What's that? Tyra wants to ban Skye even though she's a Tyra? That's a bad sign. We get Tyra and they get Viktor and Vivian. I'll get Lian just to have some poke and to fight Viktor, good that our 3rd pick got Jenos. First pick wants to Bomb King. Good pick because Bomb King destroys Vivian and we need area control. Tyra is area control but I don't trust Tyra to not be dead. They got Barik, that's a draft deficit (Inara and Jenos). Hopefully me and Bomb King can carry. Let's do this!

• @HeartQueen I dont draft around bottom picks... If im bottom pick i play whats needed, i do tell people im not the best point tank.... If the last pick doest pick a tank or. healer, i have found that they suck so bad it would be a lose as a damage anyway....

If you accomodate them they will just contine with that bull shit.... I would rather lose or help carry a noob tank to a victory because they were forced to play out side thier prefered role.

• PC

Can you please fix the training so it works without having to set cross play on?

@Dusklicious Have you tried the EU server at all? I played a few on EU and it was pretty good. No noticable lags. I play on NA afterwards and immediately was met with lag just to select a champion. I also felt like the vaporize effect was worse on NA than EU.