March Rage Thread

• PC

@TTraw said in March Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious
    I mean, last 4 months of balancing didn't make much sense to me, so I am not surprised they did this

I mean in the same patch they didn't really buff Seris at all by trying to say "oh she's a bridge support, she's supposed to suck" and did what amounted to nothing to BK and Maeve who are both going to be top tier for sure, it seems like.

I honestly think 3.1 helped the game overall, but 3.2 looks like a bad patch, with a few good changes put in, but still really bad. Not just for the balancing either... Only good skin is Raum's, and even then the VP is bland. Didn't like Tib's that much, found Ying's not that great, and HATED Maeve's... Seriously, though, the Maeve skin is trash.

If they just buff Atlas in 3.3 and do nothing else at all that they should be doing, it will already probably be better than this next patch... After all, I hate sounding like a broken record, but Atlas is a bottom tier tank that's absolutely terrible right now... Vex tiering him A+ really made him look dumb just saying.

• HEY ZHIN! IF YOU WANT A POCKET THEN JENOS DUO UP! OH WAIT NO ONE CAN FUCKING STAND YOU!
    (Welcome to Competitive)

• Haven't even touched Paladins since Midweek February.

• Here's a list of things you can do that won't make me rage in rank!

1. stop picking Lex/Seris/Mal'Damba: These three have the lowest winrates in their respective class, and they aren't good at all. Mal'Damba especially on console where he gets below 40% winrates in certain ranks. Please stop people!

2. stop going Seris, Solar Blessing Furia, and Ying: The problem with these 3 is that they only heal 1 tank, the point tank. And that point tank has to carry, which is impossible if they're Inara, unless the team drafts something like Talus/Zhin/Barik on the same team and you go cripple.

3. Raum: Raum is a good tank in certain drafts. However, I can't imagine seeing Grover/Tyra/Khan on the enemy team and thinking "It's a good day to play some Raum!" "Time to bring out the Raum monster!" Like dude... Idiots keep picking Raum in bad matchups and going 4-18 because the community talks about how OP he is.

4. bottom pick no champions: this is a guy at the bottom that doesn't have all the champions. "Can I Viktor?" "Sure I'll trade, do you have Furia?" "No." "... Do you have Grover?" "No." "... (sigh) I guess I'll have to take Seris. Why did you queue up for rank if you didn't have all the champions?" "You're being toxic because I don't have supports. I dps main, I don't need to support. Clearly you do because you have nothing to trade. It's not about using the support, it's about being able to trade in a draft. I have to settle for Seris because you don't have Io, Furia, or Grover, which are solid supports." Or the people who only have Ruckus and Ash, and when you call them out, "you're being toxic because I don't have tanks. Why is rank so toxic?" People, if you don't have all champions, or at least all the B tier and up champions, why are you in rank? It's not toxic to ask this question.

• PC

WHY AM I NOT WORKING ON MY BARIK GUIDE FOR NEXT PATCH F***ING DAMMIT.

Also: I'm more empathetic about this than some people, but please, for f***s sake, don't pick low/bottom tier characters in any decent ELO ranked games... No Atlas, No Lex, No Willo, No Seris... They are simply unacceptable when you get to Diamond+... Even Makoa falls into that category... If you feel like Picking Koa/Atlas, I'll tell you to just pick Raum/Nando/Khan instead. Heck, I'd say pick RUCKUS before either of them, and that says a lot considering he's hardly a viable, let alone actually decent pick.

• They nerfed damage grohk. They nerfed freaking damage grohk. They reduced shock pulse range from 50 to 40. wtf.

@HeartQueen
    You just dissed picking Seris 3 times in a row.
    Keep up the great work.

• @HeartQueen Just allow trades before you pick.. Can you save me viktor... sure trade drafting spot... The guy thats wantz viktor picks him and i know i can pick what i want when its my turn.

• PC

@Shadowpuppy said in March Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen Just allow trades before you pick.. Can you save me viktor... sure trade drafting spot... The guy thats wantz viktor picks him and i know i can pick what i want when its my turn.

That would work (I like that idea) but you know they would create a new bug where it swapped a player with the enemy team instead.

• PC

I swear every time I try to play Barik now I get braindead teammates I can't carry, against at least 2 Masters or higher.

Or I get the most useless Zhin and a Tyra running f***ing Hunting Party against two tanks.

• PC

@TTraw said in March Rage Thread:

They nerfed damage grohk. They nerfed freaking damage grohk. They reduced shock pulse range from 50 to 40. wtf.

@HeartQueen
    You just dissed picking Seris 3 times in a row.
    Keep up the great work.

Grohk is dead next patch just saying. Almost looking as bad as Lex. F*** Atlas is better than 3.2 Grohk.

• @Dusklicious They increased his healing to 300 so with the talent it will be 360 a second. Seems like it might be viable.

• PC

@Dusklicious They increased his healing to 300 so with the talent it will be 360 a second. Seems like it might be viable.

First off, that's actually a quite massive decrease from his current 420/s healing and 546/s with the totem talent. Second, to get similar healing by stacking takes a whole 6 seconds longer. It also has CC immunity that is going to be out next patch.

Trust me, I played it on PTS. It's garbage. I'd say Seris is miles better than this.

• @Dusklicious On PTS it was 250 healing per second and 300 with the talent...

They buffed it so 300 base and 360 for the talent, so two of the three totum's is 720 a second and still have one sitting in reserve. I dont know if its going to be great but i do think he will be a better as a healer over all. But we will have to see how it works on live as PTS is always non existent match making, that makes everything feel bad.

• PC

@Dusklicious On PTS it was 250 healing per second and 300 with the talent...

They buffed it so 300 base and 360 for the talent, so two of the three totum's is 720 a second and still have one sitting in reserve.

Still have to put two out to get that healing. Biggest problem isn't necessarily the healing itself its how long it takes to set it up... 20 whole seconds cooldown for that healing (current totem as 14), and it can easily be taken down with no problem by any blaster with Dozer. I definitely disagree on him being better. Grohk right now is actually not too bad as long as you know what you're doing, and the CC immunity is useful in a lot of situations (the CC immunity the talent won't have).

• PC

Unreal. When I have time to play I can't. You guys are cutting your own throats. Took 10 minutes to get this far. Never got anywhere.

On to Overwatch then.

20200303200035_1.jpg

• PC

Got to love when people complain about toxicity (that definitely exists) while also being toxic themselves. Kami's comments sections are becoming a bit more toxic...

Almost sounds like too many people watch the some of the more toxic streamers... 🤔

• PC

they plan to nerf ying but no nerf on strix..........good job on making weak champ even more weaker and leaving OP champ aside

• PC

@roiwtto999 said in March Rage Thread:

they plan to nerf ying but no nerf on strix..........good job on making weak champ even more weaker and leaving OP champ aside

And where's the Atlas buff? They're going to nerf Ying, who is really not that competitive with the big three (one of which WAS LEFT ALONE), but not buff one of the weakest characters in the game...

• PC

Nothing quite like a team that totally ignores almost their entire team flanking, for the entire game. Also, how does an Inara being pocketed by two healers lose point against a Barik (even if he is much better in the meta) with just one, not even that great, support that's still healing the rest of the team?

If it's any indication just how BAD they were, top play was literally a free triple for Andro because somehow nobody knew thire Andro was flanking us, when he'd been flanking me (I was playing Kinessa) ALL GAME, EVEN AFTER HE YELLS "DEATH AWAITS YOU ALL" AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS... Wow.

Also, looking at all of the obvious boot-licking in the comments of Vex's recent tier lists is hilarious. Atlas above C in a list like that should be more than enough to say its an utter joke of a list. But, HE SAID HE'S BETTER THAN NANDO. HAS HE EVEN PLAYED ATLAS SINCE THIS PATCH WENT LIVE? HE IS HOT GARBAGE! Also, RUCKUS IS DEFINITELY NOT A TIER. In that format, he's low end of B at best. He doesn't remotely have enough sustain to compete with other better off-tanks... Even after the buffs... But as good as KHAN AND RAUM? And those are just the most blatant examples...

Seriously? How is this insightful content? This is just another pro player sharing opinions that make no sense, just like Bird used to do. Even if I do agree with him on a few points like Dredge being downright bad and Damba being underrated, most of it honestly is just like he's playing a completely different version of Paladins than I and everyone else are.

• PC

@Dusklicious yeah atlas is the weakest tank i ever player and up against he got 1 atk dmg and 2 only do time easy to counter