March Rage Thread

• PC

WHY AM I NOT WORKING ON MY BARIK GUIDE FOR NEXT PATCH F***ING DAMMIT.

Also: I'm more empathetic about this than some people, but please, for f***s sake, don't pick low/bottom tier characters in any decent ELO ranked games... No Atlas, No Lex, No Willo, No Seris... They are simply unacceptable when you get to Diamond+... Even Makoa falls into that category... If you feel like Picking Koa/Atlas, I'll tell you to just pick Raum/Nando/Khan instead. Heck, I'd say pick RUCKUS before either of them, and that says a lot considering he's hardly a viable, let alone actually decent pick.

• They nerfed damage grohk. They nerfed freaking damage grohk. They reduced shock pulse range from 50 to 40. wtf.

@HeartQueen
    You just dissed picking Seris 3 times in a row.
    Keep up the great work.

• @HeartQueen Just allow trades before you pick.. Can you save me viktor... sure trade drafting spot... The guy thats wantz viktor picks him and i know i can pick what i want when its my turn.

• PC

@Shadowpuppy said in March Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen Just allow trades before you pick.. Can you save me viktor... sure trade drafting spot... The guy thats wantz viktor picks him and i know i can pick what i want when its my turn.

That would work (I like that idea) but you know they would create a new bug where it swapped a player with the enemy team instead.

• PC

I swear every time I try to play Barik now I get braindead teammates I can't carry, against at least 2 Masters or higher.

Or I get the most useless Zhin and a Tyra running f***ing Hunting Party against two tanks.

• PC

@TTraw said in March Rage Thread:

They nerfed damage grohk. They nerfed freaking damage grohk. They reduced shock pulse range from 50 to 40. wtf.

@HeartQueen
    Keep up the great work.

Grohk is dead next patch just saying. Almost looking as bad as Lex. F*** Atlas is better than 3.2 Grohk.

• @Dusklicious They increased his healing to 300 so with the talent it will be 360 a second. Seems like it might be viable.

• PC

@Dusklicious They increased his healing to 300 so with the talent it will be 360 a second. Seems like it might be viable.

First off, that's actually a quite massive decrease from his current 420/s healing and 546/s with the totem talent. Second, to get similar healing by stacking takes a whole 6 seconds longer. It also has CC immunity that is going to be out next patch.

Trust me, I played it on PTS. It's garbage. I'd say Seris is miles better than this.

• @Dusklicious On PTS it was 250 healing per second and 300 with the talent...

They buffed it so 300 base and 360 for the talent, so two of the three totum's is 720 a second and still have one sitting in reserve. I dont know if its going to be great but i do think he will be a better as a healer over all. But we will have to see how it works on live as PTS is always non existent match making, that makes everything feel bad.

• PC

@Dusklicious On PTS it was 250 healing per second and 300 with the talent...

They buffed it so 300 base and 360 for the talent, so two of the three totum's is 720 a second and still have one sitting in reserve.

Still have to put two out to get that healing. Biggest problem isn't necessarily the healing itself its how long it takes to set it up... 20 whole seconds cooldown for that healing (current totem as 14), and it can easily be taken down with no problem by any blaster with Dozer. I definitely disagree on him being better. Grohk right now is actually not too bad as long as you know what you're doing, and the CC immunity is useful in a lot of situations (the CC immunity the talent won't have).

• PC

Unreal. When I have time to play I can't. You guys are cutting your own throats. Took 10 minutes to get this far. Never got anywhere.

On to Overwatch then.

20200303200035_1.jpg

• PC

Got to love when people complain about toxicity (that definitely exists) while also being toxic themselves. Kami's comments sections are becoming a bit more toxic...

Almost sounds like too many people watch the some of the more toxic streamers... 🤔

• PC

they plan to nerf ying but no nerf on strix..........good job on making weak champ even more weaker and leaving OP champ aside

• PC

@roiwtto999 said in March Rage Thread:

they plan to nerf ying but no nerf on strix..........good job on making weak champ even more weaker and leaving OP champ aside

And where's the Atlas buff? They're going to nerf Ying, who is really not that competitive with the big three (one of which WAS LEFT ALONE), but not buff one of the weakest characters in the game...

• PC

Nothing quite like a team that totally ignores almost their entire team flanking, for the entire game. Also, how does an Inara being pocketed by two healers lose point against a Barik (even if he is much better in the meta) with just one, not even that great, support that's still healing the rest of the team?

If it's any indication just how BAD they were, top play was literally a free triple for Andro because somehow nobody knew thire Andro was flanking us, when he'd been flanking me (I was playing Kinessa) ALL GAME, EVEN AFTER HE YELLS "DEATH AWAITS YOU ALL" AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS... Wow.

Also, looking at all of the obvious boot-licking in the comments of Vex's recent tier lists is hilarious. Atlas above C in a list like that should be more than enough to say its an utter joke of a list. But, HE SAID HE'S BETTER THAN NANDO. HAS HE EVEN PLAYED ATLAS SINCE THIS PATCH WENT LIVE? HE IS HOT GARBAGE! Also, RUCKUS IS DEFINITELY NOT A TIER. In that format, he's low end of B at best. He doesn't remotely have enough sustain to compete with other better off-tanks... Even after the buffs... But as good as KHAN AND RAUM? And those are just the most blatant examples...

Seriously? How is this insightful content? This is just another pro player sharing opinions that make no sense, just like Bird used to do. Even if I do agree with him on a few points like Dredge being downright bad and Damba being underrated, most of it honestly is just like he's playing a completely different version of Paladins than I and everyone else are.

• PC

@Dusklicious yeah atlas is the weakest tank i ever player and up against he got 1 atk dmg and 2 only do time easy to counter

• PC

Well, I guess I'll end my split in D5 probably... Upset though because of why I'm only that far up, instead of possibly D3 or D2. I climb up to Diamond and then all of the sudden, I get teammates who feed the entire match and lose trying to carry them against players that are either as good or possibly better than I am.

Also, last match is proof positive that Tyra is way overtiered by some people... Flank her and she's dead, pretty much. And remind me again, how many good flanks are there in the meta? Four? Five? And all of them delete her.

• @TTraw said in March Rage Thread:

They nerfed damage grohk. They nerfed freaking damage grohk. They reduced shock pulse range from 50 to 40. wtf.

@HeartQueen
    Keep up the great work.

Damage Grohk needs to be nerfed, but they nerfed the wrong thing. He's not op because of his range, he's op because of his spam. Once again, Evil Mojo nerfs the wrong thing about people.

• Strix players are throws in diamond. They first pick Strix and then go stats like 7-12, 3-7, 10-14, etc., with him. OP champion that definitely needed to be nerfed.

Then you have people picking Sha Lin. Like people, this is fucking console! The worst thing was that the Sha Lin ended up being the carry for our team. Rank is fucked.

Rants about my favorite people for balanced

Inara: won't make a difference. Inara is weak now, and it's because of the nerf to healing. She's dependent on healing, so a nerf to healing is a nerf to her.

Ash: I think slug shot should deal more damage, like 450 a hit. It makes sense that something going faster and further would hit harder. I'm just happy they reverted her damage nerf. Such a random nerf that caught everyone by surprised.

Barik: they just keep nerfing this guy's sustain. People, point tanks don't do much damage, and their purpose is to mitigate damage and zone the area around the point. They don't do much damage, not particularly mobile, sustain is all they have. I'm also noticing that flanks are a lot harder to counter with tanks nowadays. I can still counter them somewhat, but it seems like way more effort, and a really good flank can still destroy me.

Grohk: It's like they did what sounds good in theory. More totems and can stack healings. However, less up time since you need to stack at least two totems, so it's still only healing the tank on point. But they're more annoying to manage and have no utility.

Skye: stop trying to make support Skye happen!

Torvald: at least they realize that this bubble bot shit is a giant failure. It took them long enough.

• @Dusklicious said in March Rage Thread:

Nothing quite like a team that totally ignores almost their entire team flanking, for the entire game. Also, how does an Inara being pocketed by two healers lose point against a Barik (even if he is much better in the meta) with just one, not even that great, support that's still healing the rest of the team?

If it's any indication just how BAD they were, top play was literally a free triple for Andro because somehow nobody knew thire Andro was flanking us, when he'd been flanking me (I was playing Kinessa) ALL GAME, EVEN AFTER HE YELLS "DEATH AWAITS YOU ALL" AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS... Wow.

Also, looking at all of the obvious boot-licking in the comments of Vex's recent tier lists is hilarious. Atlas above C in a list like that should be more than enough to say its an utter joke of a list. But, HE SAID HE'S BETTER THAN NANDO. HAS HE EVEN PLAYED ATLAS SINCE THIS PATCH WENT LIVE? HE IS HOT GARBAGE! Also, RUCKUS IS DEFINITELY NOT A TIER. In that format, he's low end of B at best. He doesn't remotely have enough sustain to compete with other better off-tanks... Even after the buffs... But as good as KHAN AND RAUM? And those are just the most blatant examples...

Seriously? How is this insightful content? This is just another pro player sharing opinions that make no sense, just like Bird used to do. Even if I do agree with him on a few points like Dredge being downright bad and Damba being underrated, most of it honestly is just like he's playing a completely different version of Paladins than I and everyone else are.

I don't listen to pro tier lists because of this. I follow statistics. Everyone hypes up Snek man (Mal'Damba), but he has the lowest winrates next to Seris. Pros thought Sha Lin would catch on, but clearly he didn't. Atlas was overnerfed with nothing to compensate him. If you want to know Atlas, picture if Evie had long as shit cooldowns, barely any way to reduce them outside of chronos, and her weapon got nerfed to 750 a shot with nothing else given to her. That's the equivalent of Atlas. I don't play the guy so it doesn't affect me personally, but that was one of the harshest nerfs I've ever seen for someone since Buck.