March Rage Thread

• PC

Kreepers response to the $#!+ servers right now is absolutely hilarious. 😆 Though it's not far from my take on this either considering I could at least PLAY the game in PTS before. Though even on PTS, there were some ridiculous bugs that made the game much harder to play than live.

https://twitter.com/kreepersyt/status/1235225597519048704

• Paladins fix your game. It has literally been unplayable this update. Instead of bringing forth more skins why don't you guys put some effort into making the game more fun? Literally there was sooo much delay I couldn't pick any characters and it auto picked for me. Then when I entered the match lobby I couldn't see my teammates until the loading match screen. Next the rubber banding. Like seriously fix your game please...

• I usually don't post on forum but this time I am disappointed enough to say something.

Give me back my kill cam and player of the match!

Now it is even more frustrating, I don't understand how I have been killed and why.

On the side note, the Overwatch approach is wrong. Keep your identity Paladins! don't copy this bad game which is Overwatch.

• Newest features:
    -Lobby lag: Thx for that Hi-Rez. Now no one can instalock. Take that instalockers.
    -Surprise mod: You cant see your team mates champions until the loading screen. Now no one can tell you what to pick.
    -Scopes not working properly: Finally! They found a solution for Strix's quick scope.

• PC

As expected I'll be playing OW... Bummer

20200304183027_1.jpg

• So I think it's good news I can't even touch Paladins because the patches seems shite?

Also...

Rage Thread 2.0, close it... please. (I'm not even gonna bother saying which is rage thread 2.0, you guys know already)

So many idiots there.

• PC

Turns out I got in trying 30 minutes or so later.

• Champion selection is slow as hell.
    • Sometimes I feel I got vaporized instead of how I normally get killed.
    • Random damage numbers appearing in various places.
    • Why do I have to turn on cross play to play training matches?

Played two matches on my noob account - both had no front on my team but enemy had normal comps. Won both 🙂
    Tyra - Is the recoil different than before?
    Seris - Feels wierd. I don't know how to describe it.

I got two commendations - lol.

• @Shadowpuppy said in March Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen Pros are many times absolutly correct on allot of thimgs they say..

But as you say they are in fact playing an entirely different game. Because they can do things that work only because of the space and pressure that thier other members provide..

If you watch a pro game you will see them change targets all over the place... In my games prople just chase kills and let people free fire. I cant be dashing around in the air as Androxus unless i want to die real qiick.

When i do have a team that puts real pressure on i can all of a sudden own an entire team just because my team is giving me space to work...

I mean Androxus is a flank. He naturally needs a team to make space for him. I still consider Androxus in a good spot. Flanks are very team dependent, so when their team isn't performing as well, then they'll naturally suffer. I'm talking about things that happen even in top tier play, like diamond and masters. Statistically, Atlas is weak up there. So is Mal'Damba and Seris. Which negates the excuse of 'them taking skill so of course their winrate is low'. Evie is the perfect example of that because her winrate is below average until you reach diamond+, where it's above average.

@Dusklicious said in March Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen said in March Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious said in March Rage Thread:

Nothing quite like a team that totally ignores almost their entire team flanking, for the entire game. Also, how does an Inara being pocketed by two healers lose point against a Barik (even if he is much better in the meta) with just one, not even that great, support that's still healing the rest of the team?

If it's any indication just how BAD they were, top play was literally a free triple for Andro because somehow nobody knew thire Andro was flanking us, when he'd been flanking me (I was playing Kinessa) ALL GAME, EVEN AFTER HE YELLS "DEATH AWAITS YOU ALL" AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS... Wow.

Also, looking at all of the obvious boot-licking in the comments of Vex's recent tier lists is hilarious. Atlas above C in a list like that should be more than enough to say its an utter joke of a list. But, HE SAID HE'S BETTER THAN NANDO. HAS HE EVEN PLAYED ATLAS SINCE THIS PATCH WENT LIVE? HE IS HOT GARBAGE! Also, RUCKUS IS DEFINITELY NOT A TIER. In that format, he's low end of B at best. He doesn't remotely have enough sustain to compete with other better off-tanks... Even after the buffs... But as good as KHAN AND RAUM? And those are just the most blatant examples...

Seriously? How is this insightful content? This is just another pro player sharing opinions that make no sense, just like Bird used to do. Even if I do agree with him on a few points like Dredge being downright bad and Damba being underrated, most of it honestly is just like he's playing a completely different version of Paladins than I and everyone else are.

I don't listen to pro tier lists because of this. I follow statistics.

I don't follow stats either. They are a flawed metric, especially in a game that's smaller with flawed matchmaking. I prefer using my own experiences to come to my own conclusions. Which admittedly can also be a flawed way to make said lists (especially for people who have less experience with the game), but IMHO it's the way that ends up feeling the most accurate.

Though I do admit that I will use stats in some capacity to justify/reinforce some of my placements.

Stats can be sort of flawed, but they're our best metric. For example, Buck has a higher winrate than Evie in Masters on Keyboard and Mouse. Yet Buck sees less than half of the games Evie sees, therefore we can theorize that Buck isn't better than Evie, but people who are in masters and main Buck, know him well enough to know what situation he would be good in. They know the good matchups for Buck, the good maps for Buck, etc. They would skew the winrate.

I constantly look at the list to understand why certain people have a lower winrate and a higher winrate. Inara has a pretty low winrate, and I concluded that the nerf to healing was an indirect nerf to her. The nerf to Atlas and Khan, were indirect buffs to Terminus. Then you look at kits. Why does Mal'Damba suck no matter what? He has infinite stuns, two forms of healing in his base kit, one of which is area denial, and an ult that fears people. Yet, look at his kit. His only utility is cc and speed boosts. His speed boost got nerfed, so his only other form of utility is countered by resilience. Plus his kit is too hard to use for that little value. You might as well use Furia who can stun and speed boost her allies, while also giving them a damage boost and a shield, and she has an easier time doing all of this.

• PC

It's been over 12 hours since the patch came out, and it's still unplayable for me. The game won't let me pick a champ in champion select... Gave me a f***ing deserter penalty for what IT WOULDN'T LET ME DO.

I'm not seeing any "Server improvements," I'm seeing a massive downgrade. I mean how could they make the bugs that much worse when they're trying to get rid of them...? Hopefully they'll do what they should have been doing during PTS and trying to fix these potential issues (that did exist there, and THEY WEREN'T THIS BAD...)

• After patch Day 2. Lobby lag still exist.

• PC

Just saw the funniest Steam review accusing Hi-Rez of being greedy. Which is funny for several reasons that should be quite obvious to anyone with brain cells.

If anyone is greedy, it's Blizzard and EA. 🤣 Now those are two greedy f***s. The former is why I will never resign myself to playing Overwatch and the latter is obvious to anyone who hasn't been living under a rock for the past few years.

• How does one manage to make PTS go smoother than your live version that has a better, higher quality servers?

Why are dmg numbers spread in random directions like someone playing a piano and having a seizure at the same time, all of it in a car driving on a bumpy road?

Why are dmg indicators telling you where you were shoot at gone? Who thought it was a good idea?

Why are balance changes so garbage? How does one tries to rework character to put them in a better palce, by making almost everything about them objectively worse? How does one think that a way to fix a healbot is to give her even more healbot potential? Just remove the heal CD if you really wanna bridge new players by ironing out their brain wrinkles.

Why are death cards a thing? Why am I forced to watch titty furry bait that gives me a message that's an embodiement of something that was supposed to be bannable offense: toxicity? Why deathcards are not simply a visual graphics that give me information on what damaged me and what killed me, all of it with a possibility to be turned off in the options? Where's the logic?

Why they moved killfeed to upper right instead of moving deathcards to lower left corner? Not only it's distracting, lower right is were everything of an importance is located, it only makes sense to keep it that way, and since killfeed starts from down to up, being in upper corner doesn't make sense because it creates a lot of empty space.

Why is Seris Shadow Travel in third person? Why does it have camera angle in which Seris buttcheeks cover truckload off screen making it harder to see surrounding? Why am I forced to watch inferior 3rd person animation where all I can see is her ass, and nothing else?

If every Paladins patch was a part of human body, this one would be located in the rectum.

Adding bugs and laggy servers, I am not having fun. I give this patch 1 out of 10, mainly because I cannot rate it on the same level as ob 64, and because Imani has ult timer indicator. But man, **** this game. It's time to take a break.

• PC

@TTraw said in March Rage Thread:

How does one manage to make PTS go smoother than your live version that has a better, higher quality servers?

Oh I can't even play a SINGLE MATCH anymore. It won't allow me to pick a champion in champ select. It's ridiculous. I had a review up for a while, changed it to a negative one just because of how unplayable this patch is. It puts Wolcen's near unplayability to shame.

• PC

This patch deserves this:

mindblown300.gif

mindblown300.gif

mindblown300.gif

• PC

@DaddyOoker said in March Rage Thread:

This patch deserves this:

mindblown300.gif

mindblown300.gif

mindblown300.gif

And they also buffed Tiberius too for some reason, so it works there too.

I mean "server improvements" shouldn't mean "making the game unplayable." I guess I'll just play Disgaea and Borderlands instead.

• PC

@Dusklicious What buff is that?

• PC

@Dusklicious What buff is that?

Screenshot_7.png

They made his ult better, in exchange for nerfing his chakram heal card and Honed Senses. It's still a net buff in my experience.

• PC

@Dusklicious I probably won't notice. I will either be dead or have completed a wipe by then.

• PC

@Dusklicious I probably won't notice. I will either be dead or have completed a wipe by then.

I don't really play Tiberius much either, end up preferring DPSes like Vik/Kinessa or Andro if I want to flank. Usually find myself to be better at hitscan characters and characters who lean more towards long or short range.

Doesn't help he's usually picked a lot and I end up being forced to tank or supp anyways.