Io's balance

• Hello everyone,

I hope that all of you are doing good.

Without surprise, the two best supports are for now Jenos and Furia. I'm a Io main (I've reached level 15 several times) so I think that I have played her enough and I hope that I know what about I'm talking.

Before anything, it isn't because Io is (by far) my favorite character (and my wife; we'll send invitations to Hi-Rez Studios) that I wrote this. I just want to be able to play her without being a dead weight. I know that I will no longer be able to play Io during ranked games next update, that is why I'll try to explain some things.

Let me remind you that you've done several changes on her, that makes her a lot weaker. Lunar leap's cooldown has been increased and is now higher than other characters (Jenos, Furia, Mal'Damba) who have a smaller cooldown on their dashes.
    Also, +3 seconds on the only CC that Io has (I don't talk about her ultimate, that is an ultimate and not a standard spell). Every 18 seconds Luna will stun… Please remind me the Furia's beam cooldown? The Mal'Damba stun? Jenos? Grover?...

Ouch, that is hard, but okay, why not.

Goddess blessing
    It is the most powerful and useful talent. However, making the change to 15% damage resistance instead of 25% is for now a bad idea. Jenos can “only” add 15% damage, yes. But he can buff up to 4 allies at the same time during late game! Io can only defend one ally.

With the heal reduction for the season 3, she spends most of her time out of heals (even when having more moonlight). It is difficult to heal allies, even without cauterize. I'll remind you that she can heal only allies one by one.

I hoped that the decision to make it a 15% damage resistance will be cancelled but I see that it won't be the case for the next patch.

No, don't change this. 15% damage reduction is insufficient. Games are already difficult enough for Io during this season 3 start.

Life link
    I'm sad because I can not play this talent. Luna's heal is too low. And losing the damage reduction is very ennoying during late game.

To improve this talent, Luna's size heal zone could be made 10% larger and she could have a burstier heal. For example, in addition to the 200HP/s passive heal, she could heal 700 HP instantly every 6 seconds. Or add an other ability that allows the player to chose when they do this heal [around Luna, I mean].

This may be a first idea to improve this talent.

Remember that a Io's strength is being able to push the payload with Luna. But when Luna is moving the payload, who will she heal?

Sacrifice
    An other problem for Io is that dealing damage is very difficult. Maybe this talent could add damage to the lightbow? Maybe up to 450 damage per hit? Maybe try this balance only on this talent for start.

She needs to be able to defend herself more effectively. Please just look at Furia's damage, Grohk's, Grover's… I don't know why Io can't be changed to at least be on par with them.

I really, really hope that her 25% damage reduction will return. I hope that Io will not end up like Seris. It is really sad to release a character and forget about them as they fall into uselessness.

Also, thank you to the developer team for the work that you've done. I know that balance a game is difficult.

• @Tigrounnet DR is to powerful to have 25% and be up that much.
    IO is weak and need something but these ideas are not going to work.

Furias damage is to high so you can compare to her, she needs a damage nerf.

• Slower Rath generation

• Faster Rath decay

• My choice, Rath is generated from weapon hits not healing.

IO Ideas

• Goddess blessing should add that the DR effect last 1.5 seconds so you can tap heal several people to give the 15% DR to 2 to 3 people. This would give it more utility as well as not require that you be locked on your tank at all times to get the DR.

• Life Link idea could work, fox no longer stuns but heals for a burst of 800 every 5 seconds and targets the last person you healed. Fox has to have line of site to dash in and heal, just like the stun

It is not hard to deal damage with IO, its actually super easy. Grover damage is shit unless your at range and Grohk cant heal for shit. Her damage is not her issue. She does not have any offensive cards. To many moonlight cards.

• Ammo Card 1|1

• Moving Luna gives IO a 80|80 shield that last for 2 seconds

• Increase movement speed 10%|10% for 3 seconds after lunar leap

People play Sacrifice all wrong, they hide the fox thinking they need to keep it safe. Wrong, only good if your going healer. If you trying to play off support that fox does 180 180 350 damage.

IP does 800 damage in 1.2 seconds while luna throws in 180

That is pretty solid damage and if they shoot at the fox they are not shooting at you and you can move the fox and heal the fox and the fox stuns.

• Thank you for your interresting answer, @Shadowpuppy.

No, during this season 3, 25% damage resistance is not so powerful.
    But your idea to add DR effect 1.5 (or 2) seconds after healing is great. (15% DR for this, I mean.)

For life link, keep Luna's stun. It can be a separated cooldown.

I agree with these cards.

And sorry, I mentioned damage point under sacrifice but this is mainly for heal mode. As you mentioned, it is not the main issue.

• @Tigrounnet said in Io's balance: Sands of Myth update:

Before anything, it isn't because Io is (by far) my favorite character (and my wife; we'll send invitations to Hi-Rez Studios) that I wrote this.

Also, thank you to the developer team for the work that you've done. I know that balance a game is difficult.

Read these two parts.

Didn't even bother reading the rest, but you get an upvote for comical writing and for your gratitude and happy go lucky behaviour!

• Hello everyone,

I'm happy to see that my loved Io will has some changes for the next update. I'm sad for the moonlight amount, but let's try it.

I was thinking about some previous ideas. They are good, but need some time to add it in the game (new mechanics), and that is bad because developers don't have time to add this.

For Goddess Blessing, let's see with coming changes.

For Life Link, Luna still needs to heal more. Increase the heal amount to 350 HP/s would be interresting, still with something like 10% heal area bigger.

I hope that everyone doing good even during this special time with this coronavirus.

Have fun everyone,

• @Tigrounnet

I don't think Io needs any buffs after the upcoming change. That's because she will always be powerful champion for as long as Luna can contest objectives.

Your suggested Lifelink will make it better than even preseason 2 AND you want to give her 10% increased are on top of that so I wholeheartedly disagree. I don't think this is an underperforming talent, and it might turn out to be the most dominant one since the heal change actually negatively affect her DR talent to some degree.

As for Sacrifice... I don't know what to do with it, It's flawed by design. Reduce CD to 30? Make dog not die when you switch players? Idk.

Whatever her internal balance is, it can wait until support meta will adjust to newest balance changes. The moment Furia and Jenos will be deleted from their top tier throne, my prediction is that Io, Grover and Ying will be perfectly fine choices in competetive scenario.

• @Tigrounnet said in Io's balance:

Hello everyone,

I'm happy to see that my loved Io will has some changes for the next update. I'm sad for the moonlight amount, but let's try it.

I was thinking about some previous ideas. They are good, but need some time to add it in the game (new mechanics), and that is bad because developers don't have time to add this.

For Goddess Blessing, let's see with coming changes.

For Life Link, Luna still needs to heal more. Increase the heal amount to 350 HP/s would be interresting, still with something like 10% heal area bigger.

I hope that everyone doing good even during this special time with this coronavirus.

Have fun everyone,

Buffing Life Link /buffing supports in general is very unhealthy for the game at this point. Double/Triple Supports is already pure cancer, and it's actually meta, cuz Caut for some reason was nerfed to 75%. Imagine playing against grouped up Grover, Grohk and Life Link Io. Impossible to kill anything, just too much healing, especially early game, like how is someone supposed to actually kill something? Support players think too one-sided and completely forget the other side of the medal. Supports should still be killable, you know?