August Rage Thread

• PC

@TangAce 😱

Looking at your latest Strix match loss - whose idea was it to pair Jenos with a solo Inara? Not that great an idea, IMO.

• PC

@DaddyOoker
    oh that's simple, furia and inara decided to troll cause I was there and they know me and don't like me
    I lost 100tp in 4hours, nice almost in bronze

also I'll probably get perma banned, I played reso ying, and won, but ya know, all the team mad about reso ying with twice the dmg from our tanks...

• @DaddyOoker I personally use his Turret card with Healing Station. My shield is used for denying ultimate mostly. Or objective holding.

• PC

@TangAce As promised ranked troll on EU.. Lose first two. No bots/afks anywhere.

https://paladins.guru/match/873498625 - I got flamed a bit. I admit to sucking at flank and I don't think the higher ping helped - I should have asked to swap or something. Match was stacked against us too.

https://paladins.guru/match/873510522 - 4 low acct level plats against 4 golds - I thought we were going to win but we fell apart. Willo PITA.

I played an accidental quick play in there and got slaughtered.. LOL

https://paladins.guru/match/873525241 (5 stack enemy - hmmm) My team thought we were going to lose before it even started due to our first pick Drogoz. Yeah, a win.

PS: I don't get the pick order. I was not the bottom picker in any of these matches.

• PC

@TangAce said in August Rage Thread:

@DaddyOoker
    oh that's simple, furia and inara decided to troll cause I was there and they know me and don't like me
    I lost 100tp in 4hours, nice almost in bronze

also I'll probably get perma banned, I played reso ying, and won, but ya know, all the team mad about reso ying with twice the dmg from our tanks...

Oops, I didn't even notice the Furia.

• PC

@Obstagoon said in August Rage Thread:

Tinkerin Flank Barik is the only way to play Barik. 👌

Architectonics works too. In fact, it actually has a higher winrate than Tink does. Even then, Tink isn't really all that great flanking anyways. It's still a better point tank build.

@DaddyOoker said in August Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious said in August Rage Thread:

https://paladins.guru/match/censored/vBHdjD2dg (I'm the Barik)

A bunch of trash talking morons on my team - recorded BTW. My team is first to pick. Top picker doesn't ban Atlas and thinks that Jenos is somehow a better first pick instead and also says he has bad ping. Uggg.

Sees you ran Fortify

👎

I've been doing well with that talent, thank you.

Looking at your stats on Guru, it looks like you're not doing well at all. 😆 You've only played 12 games with him and only have a 33% winrate according to what I saw...

Hmmm, I have two accounts. Almost all those casual matches are old and before his buff. I didn't like him at all then.

Main account that you would know about:
    winmain.png

Other account.
    winrate.png

Low match count and low KDA... Why do you even need two accounts though? 😆

My winrates are lower, but of course that comes with more matches playing the same champion and dealing with a f***load of trolling. These are my stats for the current ranked season:

Screenshot_37.png

• PC

@Dusklicious > @DaddyOoker Why do you even need two accounts though? 😆

Experiments. I was curious to see what it would take to get banned by off picking champions and/or talents - not toxic behavior. Never happened. I was also curious about some of my MM theories regarding account levels and such.

True, I don't have a large enough sample size for true win rate determination but it's what I've got to work with at the moment.

• PC

Experiments. I was curious to see what it would take to get banned by off picking champions and/or talents - not toxic behavior. Never happened. I was also curious about some of my MM theories regarding account levels and such.

True, I don't have a large enough sample size for true win rate determination but it's what I've got to work with at the moment.

Yeah and the KDAs are very unremarkable. My conclusion is that the experiment's off to a very rocky start and you're just getting carried most of the time. And my opinion still stands: Fortify is his worst talent by far, and honestly the only one I don't consider to be good.

• PC

Yeah and the KDAs are very unremarkable. My conclusion is that the experiment's off to a very rocky start and you're just getting carried most of the time. And my opinion still stands: Fortify is his worst talent by far, and honestly the only one I don't consider to be good.

Yeah, so? A win is a win. I never said I was great, did I? I said I'm having success with Fortify. In that 22 minute torture match I posted, I have second top damage across both teams. If you watch the video of my play you will see that Term and Zhin were finishing off of my damage.

PS: Don't be an ass. You've never seen me play to make such a comment - true or not.

• @DaddyOoker Well, I don't care about what they're saying, but I will say this; Fortify is well known for being one of Barik's weakest cards, but if you can make it work, then don't let anyone stop you from using it. I'm assuming you aren't playing any serious matchups, so it doesn't matter regardless.

In ranked, you should be a little more respectful to your team and pick one of his other cards though. But that's just my opinion. In the end, you're the one playing him, not them.

• PC

Yeah, so? A win is a win. I never said I was great, did I? I said I'm having success with Fortify. In that 22 minute torture match I posted, I have second top damage across both teams. If you watch the video of my play you will see that Term and Zhin were finishing off of my damage.

PS: Don't be an ass. You've never seen me play to make such a comment - true or not.

PS: Don't say something works when you have nothing to prove that assumption with. Other than a small sample of games and speaking of "finishing kills" of course that will be the case if you have decent teammates. Barik is great at racking up loads of assists. I have almost 15,000 assists over 885 games (in total, over all the time I've played the game).
    These comments have nothing to do with "being an ass" it has to do with making you actually provide evidence of the claim this talent works when the talent's effects are such to be basically totally counterable with Wrecker.
    On the note of Architectonics and this argument: Yeah, sure, you can say that Bulldozer counters Architectonics, but turrets are harder to hit and a 1300 health turret isn't necessarily going to go down all that easily, and will provide surprisingly high amounts of poke and zoning potential. The only thing worthwhile that Fortify really ends up doing is lowering the shield's CD, which can be achieved with Palisade, or better yet to apply to all abilities on elims, One Man's Treasure.

Also PSS: How do you know watching you play won't make me cringe and think why did I subject myself to watching such inferiority? OK, now I'm actually most definitely being an ass, but you still brought that up first so there you go.

Also, this isn't to say you can't use it if you want. This is to say it is by and far his weakest talent and it has been since talent cards have existed.

• PC

@Dusklicious
    What assumption did I make? You basically said Fortify sucks. I said it's working well enough for me. You made an assumption of a 33% win rate by looking at Guru which doesn't even have all my match information going back to last October - LOL.

Your carry comment is where the "ass" comment came from. BTW, to date that account is 100% solo - never partied. Yes, I know a carry can come from randoms and it has happened. Still you have nothing of any valid basis that can justify such a comment.

Sure my play might make you cringe. Do I care... not so much. I make mistakes and will never deny that. I reiterate the last statement of previous paragraph.

Thank you for giving me permission to use the talent of my choosing.

• PC

@Obstagoon said in August Rage Thread:

@DaddyOoker Well, I don't care about what they're saying, but I will say this; Fortify is well known for being one of Barik's weakest cards, but if you can make it work, then don't let anyone stop you from using it. I'm assuming you aren't playing any serious matchups, so it doesn't matter regardless.

In ranked, you should be a little more respectful to your team and pick one of his other cards though. But that's just my opinion. In the end, you're the one playing him, not them.

I'm just in Gold tier so other than the MM giving me master and diamond enemies or other stupid matchups then no, I would be more or less playing in my own levels. I've never had a person complain for me picking that talent - so far. And as noted by the other person, I'm not a serious ranked player either with ~230 ranked matches split over my two accounts. Sometimes I won't play ranked all week or longer.

• PC

@Dusklicious
    What assumption did I make?

You made the assumption that just because you have a few wins with Fortify, that means it's good which simply isn't the case.

I can't tell you what you can and can't do, I can only tell you what you should do.

• PC

@Dusklicious

You made the assumption that just because you have a few wins with Fortify, that means it's good which simply isn't the case.

I can't tell you what you can and can't do, I can only tell you what you should do.

I said it has been working for me. Did I say it's good for anyone else? No. Did I say everyone should use it? No again. You're putting words in my mouth.

I'm fine with advise - your presentation needs a bit of work.

• PC

@Dusklicious

I said it has been working for me. Did I say it's good for anyone else? No. Did I say everyone should use it? No again. You're putting words in my mouth.

You did say that, but the fact remains that you don't have enough of a good, quality sample size to prove that you actually do well with it. You've only played a little over 20 games in total (just counting the ones you showed me), and that's a pretty big leap to say "it works well" when you haven't really played all too many matches to prove that. Even then the KDA you're netting isn't all that great, especially considering how good Barik is in the meta right now.

I'm simply trying to make you prove your point, and you haven't done that very effectively. You've just called me an ass and tried to say "oh but look at these matches instead of those" because losses in casuals don't mean anything, just the winrates in ranked. You kind of earned my disrespectful comments because of that. Yeah I did it in an abrasive way, because really the proof it's working isn't entirely there. I never even brought up ELO let alone tried to make an elitist argument using that statistic (cough cough Tang in the other thread cough cough). Though it could also be said that people lower down don't have as much of an idea to buy Wrecker against that as they should.

• PC

@Dusklicious

You did say that, but the fact remains that you don't have enough of a good, quality sample size to prove that you actually do well with it. You've only played a little over 20 games in total (just counting the ones you showed me), and that's a pretty big leap to say "it works well" when you haven't really played all too many matches to prove that. Even then the KDA you're netting isn't all that great, especially considering how good Barik is in the meta right now.

I'm simply trying to make you prove your point, and you haven't done that very effectively. You've just called me an ass and tried to say "oh but look at these matches instead of those" because losses in casuals don't mean anything, just the winrates in ranked. You kind of earned my disrespectful comments because of that. Yeah I did it in an abrasive way, because really the proof it's working isn't entirely there. I never even brought up ELO let alone tried to make an elitist argument using that statistic (cough cough Tang in the other thread cough cough). Though it could also be said that people lower down don't have as much of an idea to buy Wrecker against that as they should.

I discounted my main account non-ranked knowing that it's incomplete and pre-buff.

Here's my all Qs for the other account. Still not a ton of samples. Win rate almost identical as for ranked and some of those are with the other talents. Is what it is. Anyway, I'm done with this conversation.

bfbarik.png

PS: I've already explained where the "ass" came from. Claiming that someone was mostly carried is an "ass" comment and you know it.

• PC

why do I lose? cause enemy team focus me and my team can't do shit

when the enemy inara is saying that she just went for me cause my seris wasn't healing me...and that my tanks just don't care about it...

that is why you don't put a gold in a team with a high dia against a full low dia team

• PC

I managed to have a team SO stupid they almost lost to BOTS. Literally, this was in a Bot Training game. I had a Jenos that never actually healed anyone and had like 25k heals at the end of the almost 20 minute long match (I'll note that's exceedingly rare, but it happens once in a blue moon and when it does 😡 ...), a Lex and a Viktor that only whined and complained and did no damage, and the worst Bomb King known to man (yes, even worse than I'd expect from a new player that decided to pick him up. Actually somehow far worse than that).

I had 86 elims at the end, did more damage than the Lex and Viktor COMBINED. AS A SOLO TANK. 😒

• PC

thanks to the greatest matchmaking in the world I was able to lose 200 tp in one day, 1win in an entire day of playing, every game golds in my team, every game the enemy team simply has to focus me and that's all it takes to lose
    so yeah thanks hirez, from 1tp to master to D4 50tp in 2days that is wonderful

but sure they'll deny there is a forced 50% winrate...