August Rage Thread

• PC

When you're trying to learn a champion and you get inting teammates... 😒

• Tinkerin Flank Barik is the only way to play Barik. 👌

Edit: That Hunting Party nerf can't come sooner.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in August Rage Thread:

@DaddyOoker said in August Rage Thread:

https://paladins.guru/match/censored/vBHdjD2dg (I'm the Barik)

A bunch of trash talking morons on my team - recorded BTW. My team is first to pick. Top picker doesn't ban Atlas and thinks that Jenos is somehow a better first pick instead and also says he has bad ping. Uggg.

Sees you ran Fortify

👎

I've been doing well with that talent, thank you.

Looking at your stats on Guru, it looks like you're not doing well at all. 😆 You've only played 12 games with him and only have a 33% winrate according to what I saw...

Hmmm, I have two accounts. Almost all those casual matches are old and before his buff. I didn't like him at all then.

Main account that you would know about:
    winmain.png

Other account.
    winrate.png

• PC

@Obstagoon said in August Rage Thread:

Tinkerin Flank Barik is the only way to play Barik. 👌

Edit: That Hunting Party nerf can't come sooner.

That's how my son plays. I almost always want more shielding so I use Fortify.

• PC

I finally understood the dumbest thing, in ranked, the more you lose, the worst your teammates are, best matchmaking ever, you start with a gold in your diamond/master game, but now I have that lvl 15 dude with no champs...sure I'm gonna win some day with teammates like this

• PC

@TangAce At least you could play - yesterday I couldn't even stop the decay on my main account - no ranked available. I might as well let it decay to see if it really stops at Gold V.

• PC

@DaddyOoker
    at this point the decay would make me drop less than playing

enemy team has players with master lvl who are plats for some reason, qualifying with gm elo, and we have? lvl 60 ruckus saying he got no other champ, rushing point whole game, even enemy teams are saying every game that our tanks sucks

• PC

@TangAce Well I'm in Gold so - I'll have to troll your server to add more trash. 😵

• PC

@DaddyOoker
    I'm around 15 lose streak right now, every single game it doesn't matter what I pick or do, just 4-0 stomps

• PC

@TangAce 😱

Looking at your latest Strix match loss - whose idea was it to pair Jenos with a solo Inara? Not that great an idea, IMO.

• PC

@DaddyOoker
    oh that's simple, furia and inara decided to troll cause I was there and they know me and don't like me
    I lost 100tp in 4hours, nice almost in bronze

also I'll probably get perma banned, I played reso ying, and won, but ya know, all the team mad about reso ying with twice the dmg from our tanks...

• @DaddyOoker I personally use his Turret card with Healing Station. My shield is used for denying ultimate mostly. Or objective holding.

• PC

@TangAce As promised ranked troll on EU.. Lose first two. No bots/afks anywhere.

https://paladins.guru/match/873498625 - I got flamed a bit. I admit to sucking at flank and I don't think the higher ping helped - I should have asked to swap or something. Match was stacked against us too.

https://paladins.guru/match/873510522 - 4 low acct level plats against 4 golds - I thought we were going to win but we fell apart. Willo PITA.

I played an accidental quick play in there and got slaughtered.. LOL

https://paladins.guru/match/873525241 (5 stack enemy - hmmm) My team thought we were going to lose before it even started due to our first pick Drogoz. Yeah, a win.

PS: I don't get the pick order. I was not the bottom picker in any of these matches.

• PC

@TangAce said in August Rage Thread:

@DaddyOoker
    oh that's simple, furia and inara decided to troll cause I was there and they know me and don't like me
    I lost 100tp in 4hours, nice almost in bronze

also I'll probably get perma banned, I played reso ying, and won, but ya know, all the team mad about reso ying with twice the dmg from our tanks...

Oops, I didn't even notice the Furia.

• PC

@Obstagoon said in August Rage Thread:

Tinkerin Flank Barik is the only way to play Barik. 👌

Architectonics works too. In fact, it actually has a higher winrate than Tink does. Even then, Tink isn't really all that great flanking anyways. It's still a better point tank build.

https://paladins.guru/match/censored/vBHdjD2dg (I'm the Barik)

A bunch of trash talking morons on my team - recorded BTW. My team is first to pick. Top picker doesn't ban Atlas and thinks that Jenos is somehow a better first pick instead and also says he has bad ping. Uggg.

Sees you ran Fortify

👎

I've been doing well with that talent, thank you.

Looking at your stats on Guru, it looks like you're not doing well at all. 😆 You've only played 12 games with him and only have a 33% winrate according to what I saw...

Hmmm, I have two accounts. Almost all those casual matches are old and before his buff. I didn't like him at all then.

Main account that you would know about:
    winmain.png

Other account.
    winrate.png

Low match count and low KDA... Why do you even need two accounts though? 😆

My winrates are lower, but of course that comes with more matches playing the same champion and dealing with a f***load of trolling. These are my stats for the current ranked season:

Screenshot_37.png

• PC

@Dusklicious > @DaddyOoker Why do you even need two accounts though? 😆

Experiments. I was curious to see what it would take to get banned by off picking champions and/or talents - not toxic behavior. Never happened. I was also curious about some of my MM theories regarding account levels and such.

True, I don't have a large enough sample size for true win rate determination but it's what I've got to work with at the moment.

• PC

Experiments. I was curious to see what it would take to get banned by off picking champions and/or talents - not toxic behavior. Never happened. I was also curious about some of my MM theories regarding account levels and such.

True, I don't have a large enough sample size for true win rate determination but it's what I've got to work with at the moment.

Yeah and the KDAs are very unremarkable. My conclusion is that the experiment's off to a very rocky start and you're just getting carried most of the time. And my opinion still stands: Fortify is his worst talent by far, and honestly the only one I don't consider to be good.

• PC

Yeah and the KDAs are very unremarkable. My conclusion is that the experiment's off to a very rocky start and you're just getting carried most of the time. And my opinion still stands: Fortify is his worst talent by far, and honestly the only one I don't consider to be good.

Yeah, so? A win is a win. I never said I was great, did I? I said I'm having success with Fortify. In that 22 minute torture match I posted, I have second top damage across both teams. If you watch the video of my play you will see that Term and Zhin were finishing off of my damage.

PS: Don't be an ass. You've never seen me play to make such a comment - true or not.

• @DaddyOoker Well, I don't care about what they're saying, but I will say this; Fortify is well known for being one of Barik's weakest cards, but if you can make it work, then don't let anyone stop you from using it. I'm assuming you aren't playing any serious matchups, so it doesn't matter regardless.

In ranked, you should be a little more respectful to your team and pick one of his other cards though. But that's just my opinion. In the end, you're the one playing him, not them.

• PC

Yeah, so? A win is a win. I never said I was great, did I? I said I'm having success with Fortify. In that 22 minute torture match I posted, I have second top damage across both teams. If you watch the video of my play you will see that Term and Zhin were finishing off of my damage.

PS: Don't be an ass. You've never seen me play to make such a comment - true or not.

PS: Don't say something works when you have nothing to prove that assumption with. Other than a small sample of games and speaking of "finishing kills" of course that will be the case if you have decent teammates. Barik is great at racking up loads of assists. I have almost 15,000 assists over 885 games (in total, over all the time I've played the game).
    These comments have nothing to do with "being an ass" it has to do with making you actually provide evidence of the claim this talent works when the talent's effects are such to be basically totally counterable with Wrecker.
    On the note of Architectonics and this argument: Yeah, sure, you can say that Bulldozer counters Architectonics, but turrets are harder to hit and a 1300 health turret isn't necessarily going to go down all that easily, and will provide surprisingly high amounts of poke and zoning potential. The only thing worthwhile that Fortify really ends up doing is lowering the shield's CD, which can be achieved with Palisade, or better yet to apply to all abilities on elims, One Man's Treasure.

Also PSS: How do you know watching you play won't make me cringe and think why did I subject myself to watching such inferiority? OK, now I'm actually most definitely being an ass, but you still brought that up first so there you go.

Also, this isn't to say you can't use it if you want. This is to say it is by and far his weakest talent and it has been since talent cards have existed.