Vivian has an unfair combination of abilities/cards

• In fact, it has a number of problems. She has a high win rate because she is not chosen, not because of her strength. She has no burst damage, she has no escape, her shield doesn't last long and it's weak. Its damage drops from distance, it has a lot of counterpicks. She can't get out of control and run like Casey, Lian, or BK. She is not able to kill a character for procast, like any of the above characters. And also its abilities are not as useful as those of other characters that deal damage. It has no control and no combined skills. Yes, there are reclining drones, but Bk bombs are much more effective, as are Casey arrows. She is also not able to kill Evie, because she will not have enough damage burst, as Lian with her auto-aiming or Casey with her pile of damage per second from skills.
    As a result, it can only stand and shoot a lot of damage, which will be cured by supports. T his is for b eginners s o t hat e veryone c omes out o n i t one b y o ne a nd s tumble o n the s hield, t he players are more e xperienced o r push t he n umber, o r j ust r etreat f or5 -10 s econds w hile the s hield is working .

• @HeartQueen Vivian is good at what she does, which is holding down the fire button and deleting anyone dumb enough to duel her in the open, but she's also easy to counter in most situations just by buying wrecker but people don't want to do that since it's much easier to cry for nerfs lol

• @OriginalEquinox said in Vivian has an unfair combination of abilities/cards:

@HeartQueen Vivian is good at what she does, which is holding down the fire button and deleting anyone dumb enough to duel her in the open, but she's also easy to counter in most situations just by buying wrecker but people don't want to do that since it's much easier to cry for nerfs lol

I don't get how people say she's hard to flank. lol. I'm not even a good Evie, yet I literally wreck every Vivian player I come across by soaring above and hitting her behind her shield, blink when she turns and hit her, then blink back when she turns back around. Easy win every time. Even without wormhole I can kill her, I ran Over the Moon against a Vivian and wrecked her.

Not to say she doesn't deserve buffs. I definitely think she did and does. I just don't like how her counters are continuing to get nerfed while people want her and other flanks to get buffed. If flank mains were simply saying that flanks needed mobility and self heal/sustain to counter burst, I would respect them and agree. I think every flank needs vertical mobility, more self sustain, and more mobility in general. At the same time, their counters should not be nerfed. They need people to keep them in check.

• @HeartQueen Well Evie is the hard counter to Vivian. Saying it fine with that logic is like saying Drogoz wyrm sky camping was fine because Adroxus exist.

Vivian is problem matic as she can get dsstroyed by a team that knows how to deal with her... When she ults you hard focus her and kill her at all cost...

When your on turd 🐦 team it can be pretty bad. The 20% damage talent is all anyone uses. It needs to go, damage is not what she needs more of.

She needs work but it is not because she is broken. Boring to play and talents are boring as well.

• @Shadowpuppy booby trap is more fun but yeah, opportunity in chaos is too effective to not use whenever I pick her up, maybe they could rework it to do some bonus effect when shooting someone from behind? Would fit her backstabbing theme and remove another damage amp from the game

• PC

@HeartQueen
    the problem is not when you 1v1 vivian, the problem is that if she duos with her off tank then she's way stronger than most damage dealers because her weakness is solved thanks to her movement speed card and as I said before she has self peel.
    She has some hard counters: evie (like every non mobile dps), bk (he doesnt give a damn about her shield) and I think dredge can zone her pretty well especially in some maps. Dont know about willo she's kinda weak at this moment but on paper she's a counter as well.

She's almost as strong as grohk in a optimal comp/map for him but its way easier to met the requirements for vivian.

I think they need to buff her shield and nerf her movement speed card. Her "weakness" should be noticeable and her "strenght" should not be that bad with wrecker.

• @ShogunPukin said in Vivian has an unfair combination of abilities/cards:

@HeartQueen
    the problem is not when you 1v1 vivian, the problem is that if she duos with her off tank then she's way stronger than most damage dealers because her weakness is solved thanks to her movement speed card and as I said before she has self peel.
    She has some hard counters: evie (like every non mobile dps), bk (he doesnt give a damn about her shield) and I think dredge can zone her pretty well especially in some maps. Dont know about willo she's kinda weak at this moment but on paper she's a counter as well.

She's almost as strong as grohk in a optimal comp/map for him but its way easier to met the requirements for vivian.

I think they need to buff her shield and nerf her movement speed card. Her "weakness" should be noticeable and her "strenght" should not be that bad with wrecker.

I just run Kinessa against her if I'm worried about the tanks. Kinessa one shots her shield and destroys her. I'm not even the best Kinessa, I'm decent with her and can bring her into rank and do okay, but I'm not godtier. Yet I still destroy Vivian with her, and the tank she's trying to hide behind as well.

I don't like the movement speed card on her though, I do agree with that. Her weakness should be that she isn't mobile, which I think is fair since she can spot potential flanks with her drone, her shield mitigates damage, and she has a lot of damage.

• @Wolfikys said in Vivian has an unfair combination of abilities/cards:

Do you want to name the top DD? Lian, Casey, BK. Need an explanation?

Can you read? i said cite a number.
    "lmao if you're really good at these characters they outperform a skilless vivian" no shit, that's how it should be. the problem is that they're the only characters that DO outperform her.
    There's no question that those characters have superior mobility but having high dps with them also requires far more skill than vivian. Lian maybe not as much, but neither of the other two have hitscan weapons, BK's projectiles are especially challenging as far as character weapons go. Casey's mobility is probably pretty close to vivian's tankiness, but casey's also one of the hardest characters to master.

To those saying evie has no trouble with vivian, i agree that she suffers against any character with extreme mobility assuming they get in range in time, which is not often the case. I used to love playing zhin against her before they ate him up.

"snipers eat her"
    yes, the characters than make huge kit sacrifices to be invincible at long range outperform her, as i said in my OP. let me just step behind this wall here.

The point isn't that there are no situations where she suffers, the point is that most other characters only bloom in specific situations. The fact that vivian only suffers in specific situations only confirms that she's an overpowered character.

• PC

@karakala shes not OP if you buy wrecker and try to backstab her.....picking skye is the best option if you cant outflank a vivian even if on mines just go around it

• @roiwtto999 How is picking Skye the best option? shes the worst option against a vivian. She is Skyes hardest counter and can just make her useless with that extra 5s reveal mark card. Theres nothing Skye can do against a decent vivian. She can have upto 2 drones watching flank routes and theres no way she can "just go around it". She doesnt have mobility to deal with the reveals.

• PC

@SNIper-poTAto i pick skye and i know haw to flank picking the right burst card and flank vivian is the best option

• 260K in 22 minutes :)

• Let's look at different options. Good? Which characters are worse and can't handle it? Victor? He's more mobile and doesn't care about her shield. In any case, with 1 grenade, he breaks it and with the second already breaks Viaian. Tiberius? It kills any character with a single skill.I won't consider snipers, Vivian can't kill them (Except when she goes behind the old Man's back).Willow? The one has vertical mobility and splashdown damage against the shield. Dragos knocks over her procast vmeste with the shield. Tyra is probably the only damage character who has almost nothing to say to Vivian. It turns out that Vivian is only strong in two cases. When it goes around from the back and when it stands behind tanks and just packs damage. I honestly can't understand your complaints about Vivian. I played almost 600 hours of the game and took the first 25 levels on Vivian. She also seemed very strong to me, but at the moment, I don't think her character is able to compete on an equal footing with most other characters based on the entire experience of the game.

• Yeah, Viktor breaks a 1400HP shield with a 750 damage grenade. Poor Vivian.

• @M3RC3N4RI0 Vivian is not broken but she does need to be fixed... 20% needs to be brought down to 15 like all the other damage amps

• @Shadowpuppy said in Vivian has an unfair combination of abilities/cards:

@M3RC3N4RI0 He doesn't have any problems with it, especially if the wrecker is purchased...In order not to be unfounded, I will show my winrate on it. I still think she's the most stupid damage dealer.Безымянный.jpg

• @roiwtto999 said in Vivian has an unfair combination of abilities/cards:

@SNIper-poTAto i pick skye and i know haw to flank picking the right burst card and flank vivian is the best option

No... Just no. I've wrecked every Skye when I've had Vivian, and Vivian usually wrecked me as Skye. The best flanker against Vivian is Evie. Evie's damage ignores her shield, she can soar behind Vivian, shoot, blink when Vivian turns around and shoot, then blink back and shoot again when Vivian turns back around. The best flank for outright shredding through Vivian's shield is Talus with overcharge, or machine gun Koga getting pocketed by a Jenos.

• PC

@HeartQueen ive got no problem on against vivian using skye i always go on a backstab tactics rather go charging

• PC

Why not just change the Chaos talent to something else? The dmg buff as a talent is BS and she deals decent damage without it.

Example: 19m match using Booby Trap (L7 on this account so I couldn't use Chaos) I still managed 152k damage.

vivian.jpg

• I'll just leave it here... Those who are smart will understand.
    Безымянный.jpg