Why Ying right click no auto aim?

• Seris, Furia, Jenos all have auto aim on their heal. Damba gets a reset if he misses it. Why doesn't Ying have either of it?

• Because she already has 2 autoaim turrets doing half of her job.

• PC

I think you might be asking the wrong question. The right question would be, why in the f*** would they design a support champion without CC... A lot of healing doesn't really change the fact she is the only support in the entire game with no CC whatsoever in her kit. There's a reason I'll just say Grover is better than Ying most of the time... Only thing he lacks that Ying has is heal range, but even then playing him half decently, it's a flaw that can be gotten around as long as your teammates aren't morons.

Also, Illusions kind of count as auto aim in a way, and then some because they aim themselves...

• PC

@schachmaty Careful what you wish for. Furia's auto aim makes me heal the wrong target so many times. I want to turn it off.

• @Dusklicious Ying had no CC because her original game design was meant to compensate that with mad damage. She was very good at it too and Resonance is what was considered her best talent. But that all changed when her Dimensional Link got nerfed. The abilities postfire was increased from 0.1s to 0.5s. This nerf that doesnt look like it makes much a difference... did all the damage to her game design and killed her viability until Life Exchange got reworked. It made her viable but still the new healbot talent is an abomination with respect to what Ying was meant to be although its kind of fun to play for me. Before the nerf to her F, Ying could spam her F button and recycle clones mad fast sustaining her team with heals while at the same time dealing damage with Resonance. Instead of finding an alternative playstyle to still keep up to her aggressive design, they turned her into a pure healbot. The better question to ask would be, why in the f*** would they nerf Ying's Dimensional Link... It gets me rlly sad that people dont remember or even know about her intended aggressive design as it just eats away my hopes of the devs reverting that nerf/ making her viable once more with respect to that game design. #MAKEYINGGREATAGAIN

• PC

@Dusklicious there is also the fact that ying cant be blind picked because grohk exists

@SNIper-poTAto well shes not the only one, look at what jenos was and currently is

• PC

@ShogunPukin said in Why Ying right click no auto aim?:

@Dusklicious there is also the fact that ying cant be blind picked because grohk exists

And Ash now. Ash heals if she right clicks her illusions when running Brawl, effectively making her a Ying counter now.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in Why Ying right click no auto aim?:

Brawl, effectively making her a Ying counter now.

well thats not game defining like having permanently grohk damage in your team because illusion do the work for him. ash is not the only one, you can heal as well as term for example and maeve could reset her prowl in last patch as well with the new card until that was nerfed. I feel like ying needs a rework unless she has broken heals she has no way of being in the meta.

• PC

@ShogunPukin said in Why Ying right click no auto aim?:

@Dusklicious said in Why Ying right click no auto aim?:

Brawl, effectively making her a Ying counter now.

well thats not game defining like having permanently grohk damage in your team because illusion do the work for him. ash is not the only one, you can heal as well as term for example and maeve could reset her prowl in last patch as well with the new card until that was nerfed. I feel like ying needs a rework unless she has broken heals she has no way of being in the meta.

But the heal Ash gets from it is absolutely crazy. Not to mention, it's absurdly easy to take down a Ying illusion with a secnd shot afterward because of the AoE. Though this whole broken thing is more effective on a Barik or somebody who for some dumb reason tries to pick Treacherous Ground Inara into a point Ash, when clearly the CC immunity from Mother's Grace is better.

• PC

@schachmaty why do we need more auto aim healer im guessing you weak at aiming

• Come on guys, you want Ying to be more than a heal bot and have a spot in the meta while honouring her DPS origins then drop that stupid LE and use Focus lens instead, I feel like this is a secret I should keep to myself to avoid potential nerfs but I'll say it anyway, she can 1v1 just about anything assuming the player is decent and uses her abilities well, I love playing aggressive so when I pick her I usually max morale boost and can have my ult up atleast twice per round most of the time assuming myself or the enemies aren't dying too fast.

I recall a pro player used that LC as well and got flamed for it, it's a shame how small minded people can be about how characters are meant to be played these days even though the entire purpose of legendary cards is to encourage different playstyles.

• @schachmaty

Auto aim makes it impossible to send a heal buy your tank and heal a flank way in the backline. Its easy to heal with furia but annoying when you want to heal someone and you cannot because of a tank all over the place in front of you. Harder to hit but more consistent in groups.

• @schachmaty said in Why Ying right click no auto aim?:

Seris, Furia, Jenos all have auto aim on their heal. Damba gets a reset if he misses it. Why doesn't Ying have either of it?

Because right-click heal of Ying was added later. It's like combat medic or spirits domain. The heals a champ has when it's designed have a mechanic to avoid/compensate misses but not those which are added later.

Life Exchange is the Talent I hate the most. It ruined the whole champion for me. 😞

• @OriginalEquinox for FL or Resonance to work as a solo support on ying, players will need to use her illusions. Even if the ying player puts them in good spots, the players will need to put effort to make her healing useful which is more than just peeking them cuz her healing is slightly weaker and the illusions have bad target prioritization. This is her main drawback which all other supps except maybe grohk, dont have to deal with.. But with the much faster ult charge these drawbacks can be somewhat compensated. But the healing on her Q just needs to be slightly better for her other talents to be viable in every situation. Currently her dmg talents in high ranks only work in dive comps where everyone has high mobility or good sustain which is where its a decent option and healing is slightly less important. But in other comps its just not worth it and your team will just get tilted. Her healing needs a buff at base and is just not enough outside of the dive comp even with the dmg ying brings to the table.

• @SNIper-poTAto Yeah I don't think I can have as much fun in high elo matches ,still in gold because solo queue is too toxic and frustrating to grind regardless of what character or LC you pick, I've literally seen teammates tell others I'm a thrower because I like to one trick Ying (unless the team needs a tank), and worse part is they don't even apologize after I do their jobs for them while also competing with the enemy main healers numbers despite using a damage talent and nobody buying rejuv.

Giving her clones some kind of target priority would be good enough of a buff though imo, because besides healing a almost full hp player instead of the guy about to die, her healing output is pretty good for a fire and forget ability, plus having her ult up roughly 8-10 times during a 20 minute match is a lot of healing in itself lol

• @OriginalEquinox I've endured similar shit as a skye one trick. People keep complaining and laugh becuz I pick Preparation over her other talents(Its actually a good sleeper pick and is arguably better than debilitate). The DPS in my team kept calling me a troll and said i was useless when i was doing most of his job killing the main tank and their backline. Then I spawn camped their healer and used my resets to try escape and juke their off tank baiting movement abilities and later ulted him while bodyblocking his escape route(in Timber Mill). I did the most work and he simply said nothing after the game ended. The enemy team asked for a nerf to debilitate calling it broken until they realised i picked prep. That had me dead especially becuz it was a diamond game.
    I think making it so that yings "illusions heal the target with the longest out of combat cooldown but, if theres non in combat it will heal the lowest %HP target" would be the best way to buff her illusions. Still i think reverting the nerf to Dimensional link is needed to make her Meta instead of an underrated sleeper pick.