Make Atlas great

• The point of this rework of mine is to make Atlas more impactful but not a lot tankier, by slightly tweaking all parts of his kit.

First: give him the treatment Orisa got in Overwatch.
    Let him use the stasis field, and second chance while shooting/charging his shots, Atlas feels very sluggish when it comes to reacting to anything, because he needs to stop charging his primary fire to do anything else, which results in the gun being fired, and even more time lost.

And now to the actual balancing part

Make his ult better:
    -enemies should NOT be able to capture objectives, get credit (the ingame money), and their cooldowns, ultimate charges, and resource meters should NOT increase or decrease as long as they are affected by exile.

-Make the movement speed penalty while ulting less severe, this way Atlas doesn't turns into an ult battery for the duration, and can line up shots a bit easier.

Revert the primary fire damage nerf (at least for the uncharged shots).
    Lower the stasis field and second chance cooldowns by 2s each, so he doesn't need to hide so much.
    Have temporal divide add 50% to your current stasis field cooldown (the one you have after you buy chronos and get your cooldown reduction card), and NOT to the base 14s cooldown.

And now you have viable tank, who is impactful, can react quickly but still isn't freakishly quick, isn't very mobile, and is still weak to CC.

I posted this Atlas buff on the paladins subreddit originally, but someone told me to post it here as well.

• PC

@MetaChris better Change title to β€œMake Atlas Great Again”

• Atlas nerfs should have stopped after the nerf where second chance was considered a movement ability, and affected by cripple. The nerfs after that were unnecessary.

• @NoMemeNoLife When was Atlas great?

• PC

@MetaChris When he first released...

• @MetaChris said in Make Atlas great:

Let him use the stasis field, and second chance while shooting/charging his shots, Atlas feels very sluggish when it comes to reacting to anything, because he needs to stop charging his primary fire to do anything else, which results in the gun being fired, and even more time lost.

Yes!

-enemies should NOT be able to capture objectives, get credit (the ingame money), and their cooldowns, ultimate charges, and resource meters should NOT increase or decrease as long as they are affected by exile.

Yessss

-Make the movement speed penalty while ulting less severe, this way Atlas doesn't turns into an ult battery for the duration, and can line up shots a bit easier

HELL YESSS

Revert the primary fire damage nerf (at least for the uncharged shots).

Hell no. I don't want being sniped by a tank again, it was dumb as hell. His damage is in line with other tanks and I am more than fine with it.

Lower the stasis field and second chance cooldowns by 2s each, so he doesn't need to hide so much.

I don't have opinion on this

Have temporal divide add 50% to your current stasis field cooldown (the one you have after you buy chronos and get your cooldown reduction card), and NOT to the base 14s cooldown.

I don't understand what are you trying to suggest here. Translation required.

I also have few suggestions on top of these you suggested:

• Increase his health. Make him feel like a tank. Will 4000 health really be that overpowered on him?
    • Let him hold his LMB even when maxed for a short duration. My idea was 1.2s to charge fully, 0.8s hold after for total of 2s hold time
    • MAKE πŸ‘ HIS πŸ‘ STASIS πŸ‘ FIELD πŸ‘ EXTEND πŸ‘DOWNWARDS. If you're not runnning big wall talent, any slope makes your wall useless. It already feels clunky as hell.
    • Increase his default voicepack volume. Whenever I am playing him I literally can't. hear. him. at all. He's way too quiet compared to other champions.

• There's also a great delay between pressing the buttons for the tricks and the actual defence being used. This causes him to die a lot before getting barriers and setbacks.