Kinessa's meta cards

• Hi!

Literally everybody uses Quick Scope and Prodigy on high level as Kinessa. These are her obligatory cards for charge your scope faster and move faster in and out of cover. I suggest to nerf these cards without nerf Kinessa, coz she's still realy at the bottom.

Reduce the scaling of these cards to {15|15}%

Increase her base scoping movement speed by 40%

• @KicsitCsicska I agree, but now she can get 125 movment speed and your change would put her at 115 max so it would be a nerf..

While scope speed would go 15% above what it currently can go. Buff

• PC

These cards are the only thing keeping Kinessa viable though. There'd have to be a buff somewhere else to counteract this.

• @Dusklicious They are talking about moving some of these card effects into base kit and reducing the scaling of the cards

In the main post 40% buff to scope speed and scoped movment

• @Shadowpuppy said in Kinessa's meta cards:

@KicsitCsicska I agree, but now she can get 125 movment speed and your change would put her at 115 max so it would be a nerf..

While scope speed would go 15% above what it currently can go. Buff

The current max scoping movement speed = 2.25*(current scoping movement speed)
    The new max speed would be 1.4 * 1.75*(current scoping movement speed) = 2.45*(current scoping movement speed)
    What is a buff

The scope-in and out time would be longer
    So its a nerf

I think it wouldn't realy nerf or buff her, but she would't rely on the cards anymore.

@Shadowpuppy The movement speed is moved into her base kit. More than she can have receltly, but the scope in and out would be less. No more skipping animations by cards. But let you move fast as you wish 🙂

• PC

@Shadowpuppy said in Kinessa's meta cards:

@Dusklicious They are talking about moving some of these card effects into base kit and reducing the scaling of the cards

In the main post 40% buff to scope speed and scoped movment

Ahh now it makes sense. That would be very good for the character. 👍

• @KicsitCsicska Whats funny is i just posted my first kinessa carry the other day and these two cards where part of what made my kinessa play so. much better... They dont sound great on paper but they are pretty much required at 4 for. the champ to even be playable.

• @Shadowpuppy Yes, it's a fact. This is what im writing about 😄
    Every good Kinessa player I saw used these cards as you described: at least on lvl 4.

Have fun with your matches! 😀

• @KicsitCsicska here's the thing, just because those cards have a high usage doesn't mean they're OP and needs nerfs, literally nobody would call her OP these days. If your plan is to buff her base kit then a better idea would be to put the teleport time card instead because you're forced to run that on max unlike the scope cards which are just personal preference for experienced Nessa players only. Not having to compensate for a shitty ability with precious loadout points will be a good enough buff for now imo.

• @OriginalEquinox She isn't OP, but she is trash without these cards.
    The teleport prefire time has been reduced some patches ago, If I know well. Maybe it needs some more buffs, but the scoped speed is shitty without the buffer card. I just moved the card what I suggested to nerf into her base kit...

If you decrease the teleport delay again there will be no reason for use her talent Reposition.

Movement speed is something what can help you if you have the gamesense to use it well. Instant escape requires no brain. I don't suggest to make her braindead champ.

• Kinessa isn't at the bottom, she in a good spot.

I personally put Prodigy at a 2, but my quick scope is usually at a 4 or a 5. If I keep it at a 2, and she gets increased scoping movement speed, that'll be an increase from 50%-->70%, so a buff for me. Same with the Quick Scope, from 100%-->115%.

Though I honestly don't think she needs this change. She's in a good spot now.

• @OriginalEquinox said in Kinessa's meta cards:

@KicsitCsicska here's the thing, just because those cards have a high usage doesn't mean they're OP and needs nerfs, literally nobody would call her OP these days. If your plan is to buff her base kit then a better idea would be to put the teleport time card instead because you're forced to run that on max unlike the scope cards which are just personal preference for experienced Nessa players only. Not having to compensate for a shitty ability with precious loadout points will be a good enough buff for now imo.

I think the problem is that certain cards are mandatory, which gives the illusion of choice. Think about Barik. Barik, before the nerfs, without double time and failsafe was useless. Low health pool, shield isn't all that good without fortify, and his base weapon isn't all that good. What made him great was the sustain from his cards.

• @OriginalEquinox The I dont use the teleport speed card. It is usable in its current state.

i have played allot of differnet kinessa builds trying to figure out what works. This is the only thing thay has worked for me.

Headshot talent
    80% scope speed
    100% movment in scope
    500 health on charged shot
    1 ammo on charged shot
    3 ammo on mine

• @KicsitCsicska reposition is basically a throw pick anyway so better if people don't use it lol. What I meant was to add the card version of it to her kit with a slight nerf similar to your suggestion, adding some of the scope cards won't hurt either ofcourse, I just don't see them as mandatory picks unlike 'beam me up' or whatever that card is, it takes a lot of practice to make use of them so most don't use it unless they're copying someone else's deck or have lots of playtime with her, could be wrong ofcourse, I'm just speaking from personal experience not stats or anything

• @OriginalEquinox kinessa just takes to long to charge up a shot... The reduction from 1.4 to 1.3 helped allot, but Lian or Cassie can still kill you before you give your first charged shot off...

After a crap ton of trial and error i have come to the conclussion that you cannnot play kinessa in sniper lanes...

If you try to stand in known sniper lanes you will be countered by half the damage class in the game and i am not even talking about how hard it is to deal with flanks with her.

So i have started playing her like she was a damage and not a sniper and my success is tripled... Im standing standing right around point like i was playing viktor.

Its frantic but it seems to work pretty well.

• PC

Kinessa is the only not OP sniper while strix can do quick scope go on stealth and his handgun can deal massive damage while kinessa takes time to get full dmg her rifle got recoil and her only advantage is her teleport speed dash card and its only 2s

• PC

@roiwtto999 said in Kinessa's meta cards:

Kinessa is the only not OP sniper while strix can do quick scope go on stealth and his handgun can deal massive damage while kinessa takes time to get full dmg her rifle got recoil and her only advantage is her teleport speed dash card and its only 2s

The only not meta sniper... out of 2 snipers. Unless you count Sha as a sniper (which he really isn't), then 3. Plus, PTS Strix is honestly not OP. Strong but not necessarily OP. Still feels like they need to nerf fire rates on him, but Cassie and Tiberius seem much stronger than Strix is on PTS.

• PC

@Dusklicious strix is still OP he can go on stealth on range which is easy to get surprise on sniper range with zero reaction and his handgun can shred flank too easy while kinessa got recoil which deal 180dmg but it cant deal a killer dmg while strix handgun can do rapid fire less on recoil can deal 165dmg but can shred so easy

also sha is a sniper