Crash at the start of most games

• After reaching the portrait loading screen the game looks like it is loading but doesn't. None of the portraits light up to signal that players have loaded and eventually it returns you to the character selection screen with a 0 timer and no characters in the background. alt text
    You can't click anything in this screen, it's just frozen.

Seriously, the only way to move forward is to end the process and try to get back in by running the game and reconnecting. This doesn't always work and after 3-4 tries you give up.
    This started for me around Friday 3rd of April and a friend has started experiencing this too and she can't get one match to load in.

Haven't found any fixes. Things tried:

• Full wipe of game files, EAC and registry. First game in bugged out.
    • Epic Games.
    • Stand-alone launcher.

I'm at a loss, it's now getting pretty frustrating. There was one thread similar to this but he finished it off with the current crossplay bug and that's all that was addressed. Does anyone have a fix for this? Other players aren't experiencing any of this.

• @Wolffenblitz This happens on console but it freezes during character select and the only fix is to force close and restart, wonder how many more content chops it would take to have a game that doesn't run like a 100yo on life support..

• @Wolffenblitz
    Go to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon
    Download Process Monitor 3.5.

1. Open ProcMon64.exe

2. Stop all Capture, with Control+E or click the (3rd icon) Capture button so it has a red line though the magnify glass.

3. Clear all Capture, with Control+X or click the (5th icon) with the eraser.

4. Go the Filter menu > Filter..., or Control+L

5. Go to the drop down menu by clicking Architecture, and select Process Name, fill in the blank white space with Paladins.exe and click Apply.

6. Go the Filter menu > Filter..., or Control+L

7. Go to the drop down menu by click Architecture, and select Process Name, fill in the blank white space with CoherentUI_Host.exe and click Apply.

8. Open your game Paladins.

9. Go to Shooting Range Mode by going to Play > Play-Training (3rd icon at the top) > Select Shooting Range. (Do not select a character or loadout yet)

10. In the Process Monitor, press the Capture button to start capturing (Control + E)

11. Select a character and loadout.

12. Make your way down the hallway with 5 Viktors, on your right.

13. Begin killing fast, and keep killing until it says you are getting double kill, triplet kill ... up to Hexakill.

14. When you are done, go back to Process Monitor, and Stop Capture (Control+E).

15. File > Save, and save file. Share the logfile with me.

16. Repeat steps 2-15 under the game mode that is causing your problems.

Thanks

• @jhaglund Thanks, I'll check this out. Though I'm not having issues with multi-kills.
    I see you've had two posts, one of them saying you've been experiencing crashing yourself with multi-kills. Can't help but think you just want me to do some work for you but I'll check out ProcMon and see if I can debug this, if that's what ProcMon does.

• @Wolffenblitz said in Crash at the start of most games:

@jhaglund Thanks, I'll check this out. Though I'm not having issues with multi-kills.
    I see you've had two posts, one of them saying you've been experiencing crashing yourself with multi-kills. Can't help but think you just want me to do some work for you but I'll check out ProcMon and see if I can debug this, if that's what ProcMon does.

This will help me gather information by getting a control environment, with people that have issues in one area, but not the next, but also establish your health of the game. It gathers a lot of things (multi-million), so we need to start small and work to system-wide. This should discover something.

You can shorten your efforts to just the area of the game that isn't working, by shifting the capture phase to prior, to just opening the game, to when you see problems. Just be sure to erase capture before you start to reduce event log.

Thanks

• If anyone else sees this, it seems that connecting to my home region's servers (OCE) is the buggy part. Our region plays on SEA for ranked because noone queues OCE, didn't crash once while playing ranked.

I tested this with bot games. OCE bot games, 3/4 crashed immediately. SEA bot games, 0/4 games crashed. It's something to do with our servers. Don't know what though.