Tyra fire bomb nerf (my thoughts with a hint of rage)

• I took a break from paladins and I’m back. If you want me to be completely honest I’m not raging at much stuff anymore but tanks which I play the most still feel like some hot trash especially when going against a Tyra.

I don’t know how many people play Tyra out there but I feel like the fire bomb should get a little cool down nerf to 20 secs and her talent (burn, monster!) to make it deal 10-15% extra damage, no cripple, and Maybe a 25 reduced healing efficiency.

Her two other talents Mercy Kill and Hunting party are only used in the beginning and because of that the developers see that all her talents are getting played but ultimately when your going up against a Tyra she’s going Burn, Monster 10000%. Mercy kill is actually really good but no one goes it because they just have op burn monster that burns enemy’s for 9% of their max health over .6 secs.

What’s also crazy to me is that her firebomb has a bigger range of 500 units than her hunters mark which only has a range of 300 units.

Tanks going against her can’t do their job as well due to the massive rage again 500 units on her fire bomb contesting the whole point so it forces you to get off. Along with that shields are like paper now so they can just onto point while your shield (lets just take Khan’s shield) gets obliterated by like a mag of someone’s clip. (Viktor)

In conclusion Tyra needs to be nerfed just a tad bit. With the patch that ruined tank shields that just made tanks not be tanks. We can’t do our job standing on point and protecting the team due to these massive nerfs the only tanks they really didn’t mess around with was Raum Fernando, and Inara which is very dumb imo.

Sorry this is a bit frustrating, but it’s really hard to play against. Any tips would be appreciated!

• @AToxicMuffin

• first you are correct that her firebomb is to stong.... Its strong at base...

• Burn Moster should have the extra damage removed, the criple is why people play it and it does not need extra damage

• Easy way to counter Tyra is to play her, once you learn her kit you will not have as much issues playing around it...

• The pick burn monster they are itching to throw it.... Buy master riding andnride right across the point and keep going.. They will throw the firebomb on point 90 percent of the time....

• Knowing and predicting when its coming is about all it takes to olay around it.

• Other thing is you should play more passive till you get some pressure on her or she throws the firebomb

• Other thing, if you run into a tyra runing around a corner you should use your movment ability to dash into her as she is going to throw the fire bomb at you.

• Once you see them not throwing the bomb as soon as they see you, you know you are doing it right

• Thanks for the advice I will put it to use when I get back on later!

• PC

Because let's nerf the only ability that isn't bad in her base kit. 😆

Come on this post was a waste of your time. If you so badly want to make Tyra a low tier on PC, and maybe mid tier on console, well I guess that's on you. 😒

• @Dusklicious you are incorrect, her other talents are good but cannot stand up the broken Burn Monster.... Even is we removed the extra damage it would still be picked 75% of the time.

• PC

@Shadowpuppy said in Tyra fire bomb nerf (my thoughts with a hint of rage):

@Dusklicious you are incorrect, her other talents are good but cannot stand up the broken Burn Monster.... Even is we removed the extra damage it would still be picked 75% of the time.

Uhm, Burn Monster isn't broken... It's serviceable. Flank the Tyra and she can't do anything about it, except maybe walk backwards and spray, but 90% of the time if the flank is decent the Tyra should die... Pretty much the only time it works is when you're against tanks that allow you to melt them over and over again. Unless she runs Nade builds which are the only builds with real potential, but even then it's way overhyped. Jay Flare thinks she's somehow sleeper with those builds, and after trying them out myself, I just don't see her even with that build any higher than mid tier on PC.

Plus I was talking about her base kit, didn't say anything about talents. Her base kit is pretty terrible and I think that's pretty hard to deny.

• @Dusklicious I run only the Mercy Kill build and its so good, like people flame me and then i carry a Plat match with it...

You can not just pick it into anything, needs to be a late pick when you already know the flanker your going against or better yet no flanker.

37 ammo base + another 24 = 61 ammo Tyra is enough to destroy on its own.... Believe me, i get the kill to reset everything.... I am throwing firebombs and nades all over the place. Its pretty crazy. Your nade is on cool down as soon as it leaves the tube so you can get 50% off a nade you just fired to kill some one.

24ae9236-ddf0-40df-895a-d85bae14e912-image.png

• PC

@Shadowpuppy said in Tyra fire bomb nerf (my thoughts with a hint of rage):

@Dusklicious I run only the Mercy Kill build and its so good, like people flame me and then i carry a Plat match with it...

You can not just pick it into anything, needs to be a late pick when you already know the flanker your going against or better yet no flanker.

37 ammo base + another 24 = 61 ammo Tyra is enough to destroy on its own.... Believe me, i get the kill to reset everything.... I am throwing firebombs and nades all over the place. Its pretty crazy. Your nade is on cool down as soon as it leaves the tube so you can get 50% off a nade you just fired to kill some one.

24ae9236-ddf0-40df-895a-d85bae14e912-image.png

Problem I see with this particular set of cards is that it's dependent on snowballing. Somebody gets rid of your ability to get off elims by focusing you down and you lose a lot of how this build would work. Sure the In The Fray helps with that, but that's 100% necessary to make MK viable in the first place (BM has more of those cards than MK does, though).

Also, The very fact that with her best build she can only be the fourth or fifth pick in draft, and even then every other flanks doesn't necessarily work out for her pretty much establishes my point that she's a mid tier at best, at least on PC. Nothing broken about her. Most champions that aren't meta can work in comp fourth or fifth depending on their/your comp or the map in the case of picks like Kinessa. Heck, even the likes of Ruckus can work in even Diamond ranked if he's played right and you have enough sustain in your comp to make it work. Tyra certainly is better than Ruckus, but point here is that, most any character outside of the meta can work fourth or fifth pick situationally.

• PC

I'm just gonna say it bluntly, tyra is somewhat a pretty useless character, she has no mobility at all, fire is easy as hell to avoid even if you get caught by it, I'm more annoyed by tyra's wallhack than anything, bomb is annoying but you can expect it.
    honestly out of all damage champs tyra is the one I prefer to be against, even if I'm a tank
    look my latest barik game, there was a tyra buffed by a torv, I carried my team on my back and died only once while my team died 7-9 times, I also got almost top damage, the tyra? she didn't even worry me

• @TangAce Allot of people have no clue how to play a champ with no mobility. But while Tyra is not total trash there is no reason to pick her above Lian or Cassie

• The best counter against burn monster is speed. Nimble III plus 40% speed from Io or Grohk and it's not so hard to walk away.

Judged by the description in the wiki Resilience directly counters slow. I am not sure this really works but worth a try. Then Resilience III plus Nimble III should do the job.

@Shadowpuppy How does it work if not a flank but a flank-tank attacks Tyra? 3 nades will hardly kill a tank.

• @M3RC3N4RI0

Are you serious? Tyra can kill a tank pretty easy.

• 1155 a second

• 1328 a second with Mark

• 15% built in life steal <173HP> <199HP>

• Damage Deduction 16% in my build

• 3 x 700 damage nades

• Firebomb still does 9% max health every 0.6 seconds

You dont need Burn Monster to kill tanks. You can just left click them to dearh..

You do need nimble
    Tyra is already fast at 175 movment speed.

• Nimble 3 puts her at 211
      Fastest Tank kn the game Atlas 165
      Khan 150