Can't buy levels with gold

• Dunno if this is a bug but I can't buy levels with gold anymore for some reason.

• They removed this option last patch.

• Got it. Did they name any reason for that? It's kinda weird because sometimes u need to buy 8 levels on new champions to get access to all talents, and buying the golden weapons was nice as well.

• @schachmaty That's the problem, people were using gold to buy levels on characters they had absolutely no experience on, then join matches as lv99 Cassie etc and just feed the entire match because they've never used her before. The damage is already done now but I'm glad they finally came to their senses.

• But they should at least allow level up till 8 to get all the talents, after that it's grinding.

• PC

I don't care about it on live but this is a problem on the PTS. Who wants to grind levels just for testing? I know I'm not going to do it.

• So wait, I am now stuck using talents, that are not what im looking to do, in QP and ruin their games (eg: i pick pip, someone picks seris, im stuck with healing pot talent) because the people not smart enough to understand, char lvl=/=how good they are? OTP's in overwatch with 2000hrs of game time are still stuck in bronze, it's meaningless.

Yeah I'll get lvl 2 after 1 game, but what about champs that i then have to stifle people for a dozen games to unlock the talents i am interested in?

I mean cool I guess, a critical part about learning a champ so you want to continue learning on them is now locked because people put meaning in nothing.

• @friendlyfire98 said in Can't buy levels with gold:

But they should at least allow level up till 8 to get all the talents, after that it's grinding.

No. After that we have playing our best for the team in order to advance.

I understand your point. I did buy levels to gain talents and certain skins. And once I got them, I did my best to win for the team. And, I don't mind that at all as I always played as best as I was able. It may take longer to get those talents and skins now, but it really isn't so bad if we have more consistant wins. And how do we get that? Teamwork.

Also, if you do a search through the forums, you will find many discussions and messages complaining about players buying levels and not knowing if they had the experience and skills to have earned that level.

And now we have to play, and work together, and have fun to earn our advancement. Is that so bad on a team based game?

• Or...just let us unlock Talents with gold when we don't want to lvl up that specific champions.

• @Conrad_Max said in Can't buy levels with gold:

Also, if you do a search through the forums, you will find many discussions and messages complaining about players buying levels and not knowing if they had the experience and skills to have earned that level.

But wouldn't that just show that those people arn't smart enough to realize it's a meaningless thing and shouldn't be taken serious?

My opinion aside, just unlocking the talents would straight up bring people into the game, i know getting my OW group (cause i like having more than 1 game to play so burnout doesn't happen) is hard because they come in, like the game, and ... get blocked from what interests them.

• @Conrad_Max it's trash. You should be able to have all the talents right off the bat at least

@jzleblanc Please don't necro old posts.

Locked.