Atlas Buffs: What Now?

• @Dusklicious thing is, this weapon buff does almost nothing.

No charge stays at 625 DPS.

Full charge goes from 300 to whooping 312.5 DPS...

The setback buff is much more potent, especially since you will be able to proc Phantom Pain twice with Big Wall easier thanks to Setback's CD buff.

And yet, I kind of hope for changes that make Atlas less clunky with the delays.

• @Dusklicious said in Atlas Buffs: What Now?:

I feel like there is something very misleading about Atlas' fully charged cannon DPS.

There is a difference between DPS and damage. The dps is simply the theoretical possible damage per second of a weapon.

The stats site offers an average damage per champion for Diamond+. There Atlas has the lowest damage of all tanks except Torvald. Khan needs Storm of Bullets to surpass him.

• PC

@TTraw said in Atlas Buffs: What Now?:

@Dusklicious thing is, this weapon buff does almost nothing.

No charge stays at 625 DPS.

Full charge goes from 300 to whooping 312.5 DPS...

The setback buff is much more potent, especially since you will be able to proc Phantom Pain twice with Big Wall easier thanks to Setback's CD buff.

And yet, I kind of hope for changes that make Atlas less clunky with the delays.

That's true and I agree with that. the weapon buffs don't do much, but I really don't want his weapon to be like it was in Season 2. It was completely busted and he did insane damage while having high sustain for an off-tank. But they also buffed the wrong cooldown honestly. 18s on his F is a bit too much considering his lack of HP and mobility.

It does feel a bit better than you might expect, I'll say that much. In PTS I was able to quite consistently hit them compared to live where it feels like it takes a little bit too long to charge up.

@M3RC3N4RI0 In other words, his output is the third worst because Khan players almost always should be running Vortex simply for the pressure (which in Khan's case is the entirety of what gives him value). And where do you even find these stats? BetterMeta hasn't updated since 2.7.

And where do you even find these stats? BetterMeta hasn't updated since 2.7.

Didn't you show me this thing? ☺
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g05xgJnAR0JQXzreEOqG-xV5cd0izx67ZvOTXMZe_Zg/edit#gid=0

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0 said in Atlas Buffs: What Now?:

@Dusklicious said in Atlas Buffs: What Now?:

And where do you even find these stats? BetterMeta hasn't updated since 2.7.

Didn't you show me this thing? ☺
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g05xgJnAR0JQXzreEOqG-xV5cd0izx67ZvOTXMZe_Zg/edit#gid=0

Oh yeah, that.

Also looking at Archi vs Tink DPS. 😏 Tink has the worst DPS out of all of Barik's talents and it's supposed to be a weapon talent. A joke of one that only can maybe work because Barik is pretty strong right now.

Also looking at Archi vs Tink DPS.

Tinkering has less damage than Fortify what is kinda ironic.

• PC

It's because they gutted it so much that it has less DPS than base. If it just weren't nerfed SO hard it might be worth using. But Barik already has a very good talent and a decent talent and his base kit is really good especially in the damage department, so he doesn't need that please don't buff my main he's already best or second best tank as is.

It's because they gutted it so much that it has less DPS than base. If it just weren't nerfed SO hard it might be worth using. But Barik already has a very good talent and a decent talent and his base kit is really good especially in the damage department, so he doesn't need that please don't buff my main he's already best or second best tank as is.

I'm just sad they nerfed Barik twice in a row. Maybe his tinkering damage needed to be nerfed, but did they need to nerf his self sustain so much? I don't know man. It feels like the community constantly complains about burst meta and low ttk, yet they nerf Barik because he didn't die fast enough? Is burst meta bad or good? Does the community want high or low ttk?

• PC

@HeartQueen said in Atlas Buffs: What Now?:

I'm just sad they nerfed Barik twice in a row. Maybe his tinkering damage needed to be nerfed, but did they need to nerf his self sustain so much? I don't know man. It feels like the community constantly complains about burst meta and low ttk, yet they nerf Barik because he didn't die fast enough? Is burst meta bad or good? Does the community want high or low ttk?

Barik is fine as is... I really don't know why you keep whining about him. He's still top 3 when it comes to tanks and still one of the best characters in the game. 3.1 was actually a net BUFF to the character that was so huge that he was pretty much broken, running Archi. He's still very strong today if I'm being honest. And I feel like I have a lot of authority to say that. His damage is crazy, his sustain is still quite good if you know how to actually play him...

Heck, I just got a 190k damage game with him the other day, which is the highest I've EVER gotten playing Barik. Period, in my over 1200 games playing him. Heck I've barely gotten more damage with Nessa than this and she's an actual DAMAGE CHAMPION.

190k dmg.jpg

Frankly if he had three good talents right now he'd be broken again like he was last patch. At this point most champions that aren't OP as f*** don't have 3 viable talents. I can only think of one character that does and the only reason she isn't the strongest character in the entire game is because they nerfed her in pre-season.

• @HeartQueen said in Atlas Buffs: What Now?:

Maybe his tinkering damage needed to be nerfed, but did they need to nerf his self sustain so much? I don't know man.

They want all tanks to be shit. Barik was still good so they nerfed him. By logic the next one to be ruined is Raum.

• PC

Maybe his tinkering damage needed to be nerfed, but did they need to nerf his self sustain so much? I don't know man.

They want all tanks to be shit.

Looking at the winrates, I'm not seeing tanks as being really bad in any way... Battering Ram Ash 56%, Barik Archi still has a 54%... If anything it's supports they want to suck. Look at what they did to Grohk and Seris, and now Furia. Oh and I bet the patch after they'll nerf Io into the ground too because she'll actually be good.

Looking at the winrates, I'm not seeing tanks as being really bad in any way...

Winrates are good since the tanks have a role no other class can fill. One could change all supports into super-boring healbots and their winrates would still be good. Barik and Ash are a little bit less shit than the other tanks, so their winrates are high. But there is no tank I like to play at the moment. I am a former tank main. Now I play dps and tank only if I have to - what means I am last pick and there is no tank yet.

• PC

Looking at the winrates, I'm not seeing tanks as being really bad in any way...

Winrates are good since the tanks have a role no other class can fill. One could change all supports into super-boring healbots and their winrates would still be good. Barik and Ash are a little bit less shit than the other tanks.

You can't be talking about good tanks without mentioning Term and Raum either. They're both strong as well. Vortex Khan is also pretty solid. Inara and Fern are just meh, but yeah the rest suck.

Frankly I've even made Atlas work, at least in casuals. Competitively I stick mostly to the good tanks (Barik, Term, Ash, Raum, Khan with Vortex), but outside of that I play pretty much every tank in the game aside from Inara and Torv because I find both poorly designed. I also don't play much Koa or Ruckus, but I can make both work at least casually. I will say though it's a shame Atlas sucks so bad right now because I was thinking about making him my number 2 after he got nerfed, but that wasn't to be. Terminus took that spot instead and now it's Ash rather than Term since she's an off.

Though the role that actually sucks the most right now is honestly flank IMHO.

You can't be talking about good tanks without mentioning Term and Raum either.

Raum is good but perma ban and Term, I dunno, at least he is no fun to play.

• PC

You can't be talking about good tanks without mentioning Term and Raum either.

Raum is good but perma ban and Term, I dunno, at least he is no fun to play.

Look at the winrates for him on that chart. They're higher than Barik's.

They want all tanks to be shit.

Looking at the winrates, I'm not seeing tanks as being really bad in any way... Battering Ram Ash 56%, Barik Archi still has a 54%... If anything it's supports they want to suck. Look at what they did to Grohk and Seris, and now Furia. Oh and I bet the patch after they'll nerf Io into the ground too because she'll actually be good.

I think it's a collective effort to nerf sustain if I'm being honest. They nerfed the amount that Seris healed, they nerfed the amount that Ying healed, they got rid of Grohk's percent healing, nerfed Ash/Raum's damage reduction, Barik's sustain, etc. As much as everyone claims to hate burst meta, they seem to hate sustain meta, a counter to burst meta, even more.

That's why when everyone brings up how much burst meta sucks, I remind them of ways they actually tell EM that they want low ttk and burst in the game.

Look at the winrates for him on that chart. They're higher than Barik's.

Not at Diamond. There he is only average.