Please disallow the ability to pick more than one tank per team in casual play

• I've found that anytime there's more than one tank on the other team, they will win at least 80% of the time. No one but me seems to by Wrecker. Three tanks is just abusive. I don't want this game to turn into another Overwatch where there was a meta of 3 or more tanks. Please make it so only one tank can be on the team, at least in casual play. It's not fun to get rolled over in Siege with little chance to do much of anything to stop it.

• @Roktan People would never learn how strong it is if it wasnt allowed in causals. Then they would be in rank screwing matches up because they never had to play against double tank. Its fine, you can still win you just need a strong damage dealer.

• I get what you're going for, but as of late from my experience, it's not even just 80% of the time, it's every time. Having more than one tank on a side is a guaranteed win. Even if people on your team actually don't have auto-buy on and actually buy Wrecker, it doesn't matter. Not even strong damage dealers are enough. All the tanks have to do is sit on the point/wagon in Siege and Onslaught and there's little you can do to get them off. Even if you do, they respawn and they can easily hold it down again as soon as they get back or distract you while their teammates show up to kill you or heal them. Even if you manage to keep them from a full push into their base on Siege, they will win because they will always capture the point when the round begins again. Often times they just eventually win a round and get two points. It's a completely broken setup that needs to be completely disabled. It makes me just want to intentionally feed so the teams with more than one tank can just win quickly and I can play the next one because I know I'll lose regardless.

• PC

No.

• @Roktan as much as i would like to not see two healers in every match, that is what casual is for, is picking what ever messed up comp you want, and to be honest it can be some of the best matches you will play.

• @Shadowpuppy, I think of Casual as a training ground to become better players and even better teammates. Unfortunately, when I play Ranked, often it looks as if those players never bothered training.

As to the topic, I find that having two Frontlines or two Supports can be very beneficial to the game. Should one have to wait for a cooldown, or be killed, the other can continue doing their job in helping their team win. Also, one might not be much good at all and the other uses the weaker player as a stand-in until they can return to the point/objective and continue the fight.

Adding limits to role selection may hurt the team and may discourage players, especially new players, from learning their role and doing their best for the team.

My opinion, of course. Not a rule, but a non-expert's opinion.

• @Conrad_Max said in Please disallow the ability to pick more than one tank per team in casual play:

As to the topic, I find that having two Frontlines or two Supports can be very beneficial to the game. Should one have to wait for a cooldown, or be killed, the other can continue doing their job in helping their team win. Also, one might not be much good at all and the other uses the weaker player as a stand-in until they can return to the point/objective and continue the fight.

Yeah sure, it's fun to experiment, that is, if you're the team that's doing it. However, the other side is going to have no fun at all. What you don't understand is THERE IS NO COUNTER TO A TEAM THAT HAS TWO TANKS UNLESS YOU CAN SEE THEIR PICKS RIGHT AWAY. Since you can't, it's pretty much impossible unless you just happen to get that one in a million lucky break where the team selects the champs that can do it. So, there's another reason it needs to be done away with.

• Its not an issue with frontlines

Majority of the damage class sucks, even with a gamplay overhaul to favour squishies, and nerfs to the tank class. The damage class in some cases is just throwing damage numbers at the enemy, with little utility.

Its only when a damage is played well that a duo frontline suffers, but there are damage characters who just do not have the firepower to zone multiple foes, and that becomes apparent when you get dives by juggernaughts and have no shread or zoning ability active.

In order for frontlines to be impacted by damage champs, they need to be hit by dynamics that effect mind of the tank, something more then damage that pressures the Frontlines roaming or standing ground pressure

When a damage is poorly designed at pressuring a tank, you get shit like lian and tigger pretending to be damage, only utility is a foepiercing damage spike that only works when over valued and somehow connects with many targets, but still does nothing really vs the class who rolls in DR and instant damage netigation to eat damage design like this.

I appreciate when damage apply pressure through the potential to deal damage, and not through direct damage alone. Abilities that force one to face a different direction or zone out of an area unless defended, to create a window for a frag instead.

• @Roktan said in Please disallow the ability to pick more than one tank per team in casual play:

I get what you're going for, but as of late from my experience, it's not even just 80% of the time, it's every time.

In ranked two tanks don't win necessarily against one tank. It's more like fifty fifty. It depends more on which team has the point tank(s). The double tank meta has practically been given up in ranked.

• @Roktan, there is a counter to a team with two Damages: A better opposing team. A team that strategizes and works together can defeat a team with two Damages, even if that opposing team is good.

• @M3RC3N4RI0 said in Please disallow the ability to pick more than one tank per team in casual play:

The double tank meta has practically been given up in ranked

About 80% of team comps in ranked have two tanks. The only comp that has a winrate of 50% or above and doesn't have two tanks is 0D-2F-2S-1T, and it accounts for less than 0.5% of all comps. The sample size isn't even big enough to be sure that it's better than 2 tank comps, although I personally think it's superior.

I kind of agree with OP, being unable to see enemy picks in unfair. They could pick a half-shell Makoa with Inara and they would be unkillable unless you have two tanks yourself. If you shoot them, you'll reset the shell. If you don't, Inara will put a wall up until the shell is ready again. It could be Moji with Jenos and Torvald and you would lose if you have no CC or serious burst. They should introduce a fast version of Ranked draft without bans for casual Siege and Onslaught.

• This post is deleted!

• @U1322272759 said in Please disallow the ability to pick more than one tank per team in casual play:

About 80% of team comps in ranked have two tanks.

True. Though I think it's only 75%. It seems to be less to me, but I can only judge for EU server around low platin. I'd agree that double tank winrate is higher, because the chance to have a point tank is higher. If the solo-tank is off-tank that means loss, not to talk about Ruckus or Torv.