May Happy Thread

• PC

@TTraw said in May Happy Thread:

@KicsitCsicska idk. AoC asked for Agony in base kit but it was denied.

I could see how that could become a problem if left at its current values. That addition would make Soul Collector builds utterly absurd. I could imagine it making her into a maybe too good off-support with pretty much everything she needs to wreck any given backline. High sustain, good damage close-up, and a free stun for any DPS to follow up on. A 1.5 second stun may not seem like much but you can theoretically stack orbs on top of them when the stun would end and then just extend it even further, while also making your health pool bigger and bigger.

• @TTraw Maybe the devs should read more this forum instead of cencentrate to AoC.

• @KicsitCsicska I think the issue is with current AoC members.

They are supposed to be voice of community, instead they are voicing their own opinions even if communiy disagrees with them.

Z1 is something else. It feels like he only suggest changes so he can have more fun with his andro.

Nerfing jenos range because he complained about him hiding behind walls? Lmao this guy doesn't even play supports. Jenos doesn't have tools to not hide behind walls all game, reducing his heal range isn't going to change that, and if he played supports well enough, he would know that heal range is key factor to good feel of supports. So his changes do jack nothing and reduce his fun factor if there were any in the first place.

Nerf for bulkup buck? Really? I saw his video at s3 patch where he complained about him a lot, despite his comments disagreed with him. And yet he forwarded this nerf suggestion lately and for some reason devs agreed with him. What a joke.

Last but not least, Z1 created a list with cards that proc on deployables/Shields and asked devs to remove them, conveniently not listing Andro's cards, probably becuase it's his fav champion.

No matter how good of a player he is, it's just blatantly obvious that he's very biased on balancing the game for his favs. Where's the "community" in it?

• I think the other problem is that the balance changes are mostly just about the most busted and the weakest objects in the game. E.g.: Seris got nerfs on her OP cards, but her kit is still unbalanced, just her meta changed. Bane and Dusk Walker are still trash, while Veil is still meta and Umbral Gait is also a must pick card. Lian is still a one talent champion. I think Viktor's lifesteal card will be nerfed, but the other three busted cards I suggest to nerf won't be touched, so his new meta loadout will be the same with lower lvl of lifesteal. Evie probably will stay untouched, so Flicker V, Teleport V, Swift Witch III with two fillers will stay meta for ever.
    Balance changes should be more comprehensive and change much more things.

• @TTraw If you think jenos keeping a heal on a flank in the enemy teams backline from your own backline was balanced then that just highlights your bias.

I dont really care for Z1 but these request all had merit.

• @Shadowpuppy And that doesn't really change. Can't wait for them to rework this talent into something else.

• @TTraw said in May Happy Thread:

No matter how good of a player he is, it's just blatantly obvious that he's very biased on balancing the game for his favs. Where's the "community" in it?

The question is if pro-players are very good ambassadors for normal players. After all over 99% of players are not pro-players.

• @TTraw It does change, now Jenos will have to move up to point in order to apply his heal to someone sitting in the enemy teams backline, or the flank will have to come back to jenos to get the heal again. Have you ever even played jenos with max range marks ?

• No matter how good of a player he is, it's just blatantly obvious that he's very biased on balancing the game for his favs. Where's the "community" in it?

You know what is funny about this statement. If you have ever watched a Z1 video you would see him quite often say that as a flank he loves having jenos keep marks on him. His healer of choice to have on his team because he can do so much work in the backline without ever having to leave.

You guys needs some objectivity, you say that he is only trying to help him self, but your the ones that are not looking outside your healer lense to see the whole picture.

• @Shadowpuppy
    Have you ever, LIKE EVER, saw anyone suggesting in the community that we should nerf the range card? Nope. Meanwhile Lumi has been subject of complains since ever.

From my experience people complain about his damage boost because it is awful to play against and adds to burst meta. People want to see this talent reworked and compensate that with making him the aggressive support he was supposed to be.

So what he likes having him on he team? Of course he does, it only adds to my point saying that he balances game for himself. That's why he didnt suggest nerfing Lumi. What does that have to do with me saying he doesn't play supports anyway? If he did, he wouldnt suggest such nerf.

I love having lumi pocket on myself, I am freaking fire Imani main and can kill any 2300 hp squishy within half second with Jenos, but it isn't enjoyable for anyone on the receiving end. Read any youtube comments or reddit posts. All agree that his Damage boost is unhealthy for the game.

As it currently stands his heals range has nothing to do with all that. It is a random change taken out of the butt because someone had trouble finding Jenos in the backline. This change does nothing but annoy jenos players and doesnt change your complain. due to how his heals work, flankers are still subject to heavy pockets.

He is still hiding behind walls and contribting to low ttk. What will happen however is that the moment they remove his lumi and make him that "aggressive support", his heal range might become quite a problem. And currently, it makes him only more of a chore than before.

~sigh~ Anyway, my initial comment wasn't meant to be a personal attack on z1 alone, but more of a complaint on how new cast of AoC handles the whole "community voice" part. There's none. I don't see any of the AoC members advertising themselves on social media and asking the community on what would they want to see changed in the game, or how they feel about changes they want to bring up on meetings, except for Jay Flare. instead they propose suggestions I've never heard complaints about, and it annoys my quite a bit.

• PC

@Shadowpuppy

I'll bet he does... What flanker wouldn't want a pocket heal with a damage buff on top? Hardly fair in ranked when there can be only one Jenos.

Now we will have Corvus though with an unlimited mark time - hmmm.

How about increase the range of the non Luminary talents to compensate (or revert nerf and nerf Luminary's range)?

• @TTraw I can say that i did not understand how far the range increase was. Z1 has used his knowledge of the game to help balance something that was broken. The AOC was created so we can have a voice but it main goal is to improve the game. Jenos was top tier pick and his ability to mark people half a map away was the main reason. He takes no skill to play and this will help change that.

• @TTraw I have several balance changes which keeps luminary personally. I think they should nerf the damage amp from 15% to 10%, and nerf the duration of his astral mark. He's strong because he can damage boost up to 3 people with a 15% damage amp at the same time. Lower the damage amp and the amount of people who can amp, while also increasing his heal. Change it from lasting 10 seconds to lasting 7 seconds. Increase heal to 15% upfront, and increase to 250 per second. Less damage amp, less people being amped, but more healing, especially for tanks like Inara and Fernando.

Something like that. That way he isn't unfun to have on your team as a tank that's not Barik, but he isn't unfun to play against. It'll still keep his unique utility of damage amp, but tone it down.

• PC

I've never been so pleased to have a team carry me in my life. Hopefully that's an end to all of these games where the exact opposite happens, but I'm not holding my breath. Also yes this was in TDM.

Screenshot_4.jpg

• Oh yes Vex30 said Soul Collector Seris is viable solohealer. Finally, only took me a year to convince him.

I am putting it in happy thread because lots of people blindly follow pros which means there will be less idiots complaining about me picking this talent.

• @TTraw I thought that was the only way to play healer Seris.

• PC

Oh yes Vex30 said Soul Collector Seris is viable solohealer. Finally, only took me a year to convince him.

I am putting it in happy thread because lots of people blindly follow pros which means there will be less idiots complaining about me picking this talent.

Soul Collector is Seris' only even remotely close to viable talent.

• @Shadowpuppy Mortal Reach is the substitue to where Soul Collector doesn't work. Also main talent for 99% of the community.

• @TTraw said in May Happy Thread:

Oh yes Vex30 said Soul Collector Seris is viable solohealer. Finally, only took me a year to convince him.

I am glad Vex is producing again. He is my favorite content creator since Chavsberry and Jayflare don't make vids anymore. He removed his 81 kills vid btw. what a pity. 😄

• PC

@Dusklicious said in May Happy Thread:

Soul Collector is Seris' only even remotely close to viable talent.

I got some flak for using SC in a match not long ago. We had a secondary support too. I think it's a permanent mindset.