May Happy Thread

• @Dusklicious said in May Happy Thread:

@HeartQueen said in May Happy Thread:

@Vaporized said in May Happy Thread:

Inara bot isn't so bad compared to noobs.. lol

inarabot.jpg

Bot Inaras are better than 80% of Inara players.

Yeah most of them are toxic trash with bought levels. I mean she's a simple af character so what's to be expected right.

They just don't get called out as often. It's harder to tell when a tank isn't good compared to like a support or dps. When a support is trash, it usually shows with low healing numbers (bonus for high death numbers). When a dps is bad, their damage and the amount of kills will reveal that (along with high death numbers). For a tank, most people usually don't notice unless their death numbers are like super high, like noticeably high. Therefore most trash tanks don't think they're trash.

Luckily I'm familiar with tanks, so I usually know they're trash based on their loadout. Like one Inara went Tremors. The team kept blaming Furia for us losing, but I knew the problem was that Inara kept dying no matter how much Furia healed her. Then I looked at her talents and plugged in my mic. "Guys, Furia is healing. She is not the reason we're losing. The reason we're losing is because Inara is going Tremors. Inara, why Tremors?" It was shocking how quick the dps were to blame the support.

• PC

To people who still think Nando is a bad tank:

NaNdO iS sTiLl BaD lOl.jpg
    NaNdO iS sTiLl BaD.jpg
    NaNdO iS sTiLl BaAd.jpg

94k damage in a 13 minute game not using Scorch? Looks bad to me... 🤣

I will admit Ash is straight-up better than him in almost every way, but Nando is definitely not bad. Just overshadowed by debatably the best tank in the entire game. Just stop playing garbage @$$ Aegis and play him competently and he should be a slightly below average tank. Frankly the only downright bad tank in this game right now is Torvald. I mean though I do see the argument for Ruckus or Atlas also being kind of bad, but they aren't completely bad as much as they are hard to make effective. In Nando's case it's not even all that hard to make him work that well. He's just overshadowed by Ash.

• My quality of life and inner contentment have increased during the last week I stayed away from Paladins.

• @Dusklicious said in May Happy Thread:

Just stop playing garbage @$$ Aegis

Aegis is pretty good, people play it wrong. They think because you can hold your shield up forever that you should.

On the contrary you should drop your shield to kill quit often as its only 6 seconds till its back up.

• PC

@Shadowpuppy said in May Happy Thread:

@Dusklicious said in May Happy Thread:

Just stop playing garbage @$$ Aegis

Aegis is pretty good, people play it wrong. They think because you can hold your shield up forever that you should.

On the contrary you should drop your shield to kill quit often as its only 6 seconds till its back up.

You can do something similar with Formidable with the right build and also get healing off of the talent, while also having 5400 max health. Plus the main use of the shield for point Nando isn't in keeping it up forever, it's in using it either to block bursts or to quickly block problematic CC. And Aegis just giving you shield duration and nothing else of any real consequence helps none there. Aside from a little CDR it gives you pretty much nothing.

• @Dusklicious Well i have to disagree, as it does something else. It forces people to shoot the shield. When using other talents they can just ignore you shield and do other things. They are forced to deal with it, they cant just ignore you as its never going to go down if they dont shoot it.

Forcing people to shoot a shield that is off cool down 6 seconds after it goes down does allot for your team mates.

• PC

@Dusklicious Well i have to disagree, as it does something else. It forces people to shoot the shield. When using other talents they can just ignore you shield and do other things. They are forced to deal with it, they cant just ignore you as its never going to go down if they dont shoot it.

Forcing people to shoot a shield that is off cool down 6 seconds after it goes down does allot for your team mates.

And you could get it down to 8 with Formidable running the same build with an actually useful effect tacked on. In my experience I rarely find myself needing anything more than just 4 ranks of Towering Barrier for the shield.

Not to mention the way you accomplish this I imagine probably involves using up an item slot for Chronos, which although a decently good item deprives you of anything like Master Riding, as you still will need the Nimble and the Cauterize. Either that or the blue, which depriving yourself of Resilience in this meta is just a bad idea.

I DO think that if instead it gave extra shield HEALTH instead of infinite duration it could be pretty decent but the fact it gives you nothing of value other than 2 seconds of CDR makes it pretty much just worse than Formidable against competent players that use characters like Khan, Ash, and Bomb King to completely shut down the build. All three of them are meta, so probably at least one will be on the other team in a competitive match... Unless they pick Raum instead and BK is banned. Which I forgot to mention Raum, because he can be quite problematic for this build too but no amount of extra shield health will make a difference against him (or Khan for that matter).

• @Dusklicious No Chronos, seems like a waste with such a short cooldown. Normally its nimble and cauterize. I can see how your thoughts work and it makes since. That effect is very strong but only helps you once every 45 seconds. Where as i have a shield on a 6 second cool down.

Im not taking the talent for the duration, it does help force the other team to buy recker but its really the cool down. I rotate off point for heal and im walking back on point with a shield. I shield they drop it i fight for a few seconds ult and comeout of ult with a shield back up.

I can stall allot of stuff. I am a new fernando user so i may give your ideas a spin and see how they work for me.

• PC

After this, I'm starting to think about picking up Drogoz after this pretty solid (Onslaught, granted but still) match here.

NoT bAd At DrOgOz.jpg
    I cAn DrOgOz.jpg
    NoT bAd DrOgOz BuIlD.jpg

Propel would be busted if it weren't so buggy past low latency...

• @Dusklicious Drogoz is fun, even losing with him is still fun... So many ways to play him, its just a blast and i would advise any and everyone to play him even if you suck at him.

Bombking is the same, his movement ability really makes for allot of cool jumps you can make though i find bombking harder than drogoz overall

• PC

Bombking is the same, his movement ability really makes for allot of cool jumps you can make though i find bombking harder than drogoz overall

He's harder to play than Drogoz is, but BK far more than accounts for that as he is downright broken due to the fact he has good damage and THREE CCs in his kit... Not to mention they still haven't fixed Royal Subjects. Doesn't help as well he has extremely good mobility with his Poppy even if it requires mechanical skill to utilize well.

I'm not that big into playing broken characters usually, because I just don't feel right playing them. Though in the case of Tiberius and Cassie I feel like a complete @$$hole playing them anyways. Zhin same thing though he's not necessarily broken like he was back in 3.1, just fairly good.

• PC

@Dusklicious No Chronos, seems like a waste with such a short cooldown.

Was looking at the wiki, which was wrong... Somebody forgot to edit the number I guess.

• @Dusklicious I fixed the wikki to show the correct cool down of 12

• PC

Khan was a bot.. Apparently Koga was also for some portion. Both teams were commending each other afterwards. GG.

20200530203014_1.jpg

• PC

Only M13 with Drogoz and getting unofficial pentas... 🤣

Yeah Drogoz really isn't a hard character once you adjust to his verticality and stop using Q.

• @Dusklicious Yea salvo is not super useful, its just this skill that comes up and when your not really doing much you load it up and see what happens. The once shot with firespit is probably its best use. Its not the fun part of the kit thats for sure.

If you could just fire it without having to load up the rockets that are already loaded it would be much better. I never understood why it was like this. Maybe if they made it toggle based it could be better.

Some times i load it up and im like i dont want to use this and have to just blast it at some bull shit to get my weapon back.

• If you have to load it up then it should be six rockets loaded no matter whats in your weapon and it should not be using your actual rounds since you have to special load it.

• PC

@Dusklicious Yea salvo is not super useful, its just this skill that comes up and when your not really doing much you load it up and see what happens. The once shot with firespit is probably its best use. Its not the fun part of the kit thats for sure.

If you could just fire it without having to load up the rockets that are already loaded it would be much better. I never understood why it was like this. Maybe if they made it toggle based it could be better.

My problem with it is just that it does 2 rockets worth of damage with the whole mag. I also think the shield damage bonus is completely unnecessary and rarely ever useful... I think pre-loading them would make it better but not much if at all.

The thing is, though, Drogoz would be really, really strong if his Salvo were buffed and made actually good and nothing were nerfed to compensate. He does a lot of damage, has a lot of mobility, and has an ult that guarantees a kill as long as it is used competently. Salvo is what keeps him higher end of mid-tier at the moment.

• @Dusklicious Got to take ult charge into account

Normal rockets cant hit people 6 units away for full damage and up to 10 units with fall off

4% ult charge per rocket

Salvo fully effective to 10 units and can hit people 15 units away

1.5 ult per rocket per enemy

Group of three 1.5x3x6 =27 ult charge if you did it with a fire spit that an extra 15% for 42% ult charge if you dont hit the spit directly with one of your rockets.

• I got to play a match of Paladins in which I was able to jump, all my shots registered and I had no delay at all. Probably the most enjoyable match I ever had in the last 3 months.

• PC

I am thinking about making a series where I play every tank (except Torvald, because he's in all realty a support that's just classified as a frontline so he doesn't count) as a point tank, and win with it. 😛 Of course in casuals because I don't want to have to Ruckus/Raum/Khan point in ranked. Like I might as well say goodbye to a whole divisions worth of TP at the least.

Though I have no mic at the moment, so... There would be no voice from me... RIP.