May Rage Thread

😡 😡 😡

• Wow, last time I was this early, Imani's ice stance was fun to play with 😠

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0 The talent only gives you the equivalent of a whopping 320 health without health cards(40% of 4000 = 1600, 20% of 1600= 320). The only things that make it better than Leviathan Makoa are A. that you can increase your health pool to 4750, so you instead get to this conclusion: (40% of 4750=1900, 20% of 1900 = 380). And B. That you can stack DR on top of it. I will give credit where it is due and say it's much better than it sounds, but really it isn't very good. It's easily Terminus' worst talent. Crush forces your opponent to buy resilience or get f***ed with a 1400 burst from the Term (alone) with otherwise little counterplay, and Decimation, well, that $#!+'s busted. Though it's not busted necessarily as a talent, the cards going with it make the talent absolutely absurd. Frankly if he had better options, Term would be in contention for the best character in the game.

But Undying? ...Eh, it used to be a lot better but now it's kind of sucky. If they buffed the reduction, it may be worth considering, but for now it isn't really. Sure you could say "but you can stack DR on top of it" and you'd be right. But, I also accounted for that already. This isn't to mention the fact that Siphon builds in general have more sustain while also dealing more damage at a longer range. And comparing it to even the likes of Barik's Tinkerin yields results that aren't great either. Sure Tinkerin straight-up LOWERS your base damage and honestly does a worse job at applying Caut at closer ranges than his base Blunderbuss, but what it does have is consistency at range. Even if it is consistently kind of bad, it's consistent. Undying isn't necessarily all that consistent. There's quite a few characters that counter the talent simply by having massive burst so he doesn't even really reach the threshold. I wish it had at least 25% on it. Though I would say nerf Decimation first because it is probably the best tank talent in the entire game.

Also, last time I was this early everyone said "Architectonics is bad." When it wasn't even bad then. Now it's just up there with Decimation in terms of brokenness.

• @Dusklicious said in May Rage Thread:

The talent only gives you the equivalent of a whopping 320 health without health cards(40% of 4000 = 1600, 20% of 1600= 320).

That's not how you calculate DR effective health. You take your desired health pool and you divide it by (100%-X%) where X is the DR.

So 1600/(1-0.2) = 2000

This makes this talent give 400 effective health instead of 320. Still garbage but the maths might come handy in the future.

• I need to kill something they tell me..... What a way to lose while people talk shit to you the entire match. lol

eaf73c91-31e2-4d86-b123-f54b95a5d7b0-image.png

• PC

@Shadowpuppy said in May Rage Thread:

I need to kill something they tell me..... What a way to lose while people talk shit to you the entire match. lol

eaf73c91-31e2-4d86-b123-f54b95a5d7b0-image.png

Or if you're a tank, you need to protect everyone all the time, or healing if you're a support...

• @Dusklicious would it be less or more toxic if you could brink up this screen at any time during the match?

• PC

@Shadowpuppy Honestly, not sure.

Unfortunately, I have come to the conclusion that Damage Corvus is f***ing awful. Unyielding Discipline has awful scaling so you get pretty much none of your cooldown back, Priority Targets doesn't really work with this playstyle very well either. So essentially you're left with a build that can go in on people for a little burst, but using it you have no way of going back out again because your escape is still on a cooldown of 3 or 4 seconds when you need it up.

Still beats Dark Gifts, but not by much (and that says a lot because Dark Gifts is pretty bad). Spreading Influence is by MILES his best talent, and probably his only viable one (though I will say, that talent is REALLY good though). If they buffed Unyielding Discipline to something SERVICEABLE this talent MIGHT be viable. If you could get ACTUAL CDR OFF OF IT... 1 second at rank 5 is a complete joke, 2 if you hit 2 people, and you'll never hit more than 2 unless you're absurdly lucky and they line up for you. You'll net 1.5s of CDR from a RANK 5 CARD. Awful. Oh and this isn't accounting for how much of a problem Resilience will pose for this build... It might actually be WORSE than Dark Gifts then...

It gets melted way too fast even with a good half of the points being put into sustain cards... I mean if the DR card worked AFTER YOU TELEPORTED THAT WOULD BE NICE TOO. Were they trying to make this talent not viable? I have to say they succeeded on that one for sure.

Suggestions to make this build not feel like a sham:

• Increase the scaling of Unyielding Discipline from (.2|.2)s to (.5|.5)s but only make it proc on one hit enemy. Yes, it needs THIS much of an increase. It's SO bad.
    • Make Abyssal Shift so it works instead for 3 seconds after using Projection. Increase the scaling from (3|3)% to (4|4)%. I scaled it down a little because 4 seconds might be potentially too good.

Yeah, this is pretty much all it needs, but the buffs from these two things would make it ACTUALLY GOOD instead of barely worth using even for fun.

Also, how can I get 20+ (very obvious) throwers in one day BUT YET ONLY ONE HAS ANYTHING HAPPEN TO THEM? More confirmation they don't really take inting as an issue very seriously. The skins are more important... Somebody at the AoC really needs to bring this up, I kid you not. It ruins my experience with the game.

• @Shadowpuppy said in May Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious would it be less or more toxic if you could brink up this screen at any time during the match?

It would bring less toxicity, but it'll still be toxic. I had the best stats after the game, and people still said I sucked and did nothing.

Edit: Though I do wish I had stats for this one particular game. It was before Willo got her nerf to blastflower. It was a casual game with my team: Maeve, me (Willo), Jenos, Seris, and Ash. Enemy team: Inara, Atlas, Ruckus, Ying, and totemic ward Grohk.

Now the Seris went Agony against Totemic Ward CC Immunity Grohk. Maeve didn't say shit to her. She literally kept typing "Willo, focus the Grohk." "Willo, kill the Grohk." "We're going to lose unless you kill the fucking Grohk Willo." The stats:

willo kill grohk.jpg

• PC

@HeartQueen said in May Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious would it be less or more toxic if you could brink up this screen at any time during the match?

It would bring less toxicity, but it'll still be toxic. I had the best stats after the game, and people still said I sucked and did nothing.

I just had a BK that threw by allowing literally everything to flank us (even a Raum which, if you didn't know, BK counters hard), yet still dealt top damage and had the best KDA so stats aren't necessarily an accurate metric all of the time. 77k damage, but none of it actually made any difference. Healer couldn't get to the tank because they were always killed by the Raum, Talus couldn't flank because BK wasn't forcing them back, and well our Dredge was condemned to 1v1ing Raum and losing every time, because Dredge has no CC outside of ult...

• I would like to say that i dont want to be a damage main, but its all the fuck tards that wont buy caut that force me to be one.

• PC

I would like to say that i dont want to be a damage main, but its all the fuck tards that wont buy caut that force me to be one.

Or the ones that do nothing useful at all. Because dealing 70+k useless damage is totally possible. Though seriously a BK allowing a Raum to flank for free even AFTER being told about it is NOT acceptable... 😒

I swear Corvus is cursed for me. Even the comps nobody wants Corvus, I still get feeders on my teams... 7 losses and NO WINS so far. Even if I had pretty good stats for half of those games... And in the others I was trying as hard as I could. Though one was condemned to be a loss because damage Corvus is bad. Doesn't help my Corv is only Mastery 7 so I have to deal with 2 bad talents.

• The stun talent is pretty dam good. You can stun through shields so low khan Fernando Vivian.

Couple things i was not thinking about.

1 that when you heal the people that are marked you get a 1 second off your cool down plus the 10% extra healing.

2 if you do not teleport you get a second off your movement cool down.

I will say that Corvus is heavy positional healer.

• The stun is a 1k burst, you can shoot it low so it doest go very far. Just aim at the flankers feet stun shoot dash shoot they dead. Start healing some more.

• PC

@Dusklicious the stun talent is pretty dam good. You can stun through shields so low khan Fernando Vivian.

Couple things i was not thinking about.

1 that when you heal the people that are marked you get a 1 second off your cool down plus the 10% extra healing.

2 if you do not teleport you get a second off your movement cool down.

The talent itself isn't bad. The cards, though are absolute garbage and are in desperate need of buffs if this is going to be a legitimate way to play the character.

1. You can only proc it once every 5 seconds. Plus you have to have somebody to heal, which is the real tricky part about it. Doesn't really do much for it in my experience. I die before I can escape just the same.

2. That is rarely if ever going to be useful. Pretty much "if you waste the ability, you'll get 1 second off of it." Which doesn't help a build where you HAVE to use it to get much value out of it because the extra damage only occurs IF you DO teleport. If you don't, it's just a 1 second stun dealing 400 on a 7 second cooldown before cards, that leaves you vulnerable and with no escape during its cooldown. Don't stun somebody who's probably going to flank you, and you're probably dead.

• @Dusklicious

I have not really tried running straight damage. I have been just using it with my healing load out and it feels great. I have pulled off some pretty spicy flank plays as the healer.

One match i stunned a Fernadno out of his shield and hit a Tiberus behind him teleported through both of them killing fernando and was healing my tank from behind tiburus and then i killed him.

The stuns to high ground are what really make my day. On the pushes im able to stun kill people on high ground and then heal from that position. Without the stun and extra damage i would never get away with trying to get up there.

• PC

Loading Screen Simulator v3.3.

Oh boy.jpg

Oh I finally got in... Just took 5+ minutes sitting there. And when I do there's serious latency issues...

Fix your servers, please.

The talent only gives you the equivalent of a whopping 320 health without health cards(40% of 4000 = 1600, 20% of 1600= 320).

DR is not an equivalent of HP. It's an equivalent to Rejuvenate. If you hit me for 1000, I take 800 damage and need only 800 heal to compensate the damage.

The stun jump can be blocked by Torvald, Crippling Warder Inara, Jenos. Decimation is useless if no one shoots your Siphon.

@HeartQueen said in May Rage Thread:

Now the Seris went Agony against Totemic Ward CC Immunity Grohk.

He got CC Immunity again?

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0 said in May Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious said in May Rage Thread:

DR is not an equivalent of HP. It's an equivalent to Rejuvenate. If you hit me for 1000, I take 800 damage and need only 800 heal to compensate the damage.

The stun jump can be blocked by Torvald, Crippling Warder Inara, Jenos. Decimation is useless if no one shoots your Siphon.

I did miscalculate, but not by much, to quote a post that is above this post, which DOES make the proper conversion. 400 health.

@TTraw said in May Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious said in May Rage Thread:

That's not how you calculate DR effective health. You take your desired health pool and you divide it by (100%-X%) where X is the DR.

So 1600/(1-0.2) = 2000x(.2) = 400

This makes this talent give 400 effective health instead of 320. Still garbage but the maths might come handy in the future.

Also, anything can be countered that's a given, but not a great argument, especially on Deci. The argument on Deci doesn't even need a counterpoint. They don't fire, they apply no pressure. They do fire, they feed the siphon up. Even then you can easily trick people into firing into it... Not really hard to do. Especially a Vivian or Ruckus or a Raum who can't not feed it anyways. Even if they DON'T feed the siphon somehow and still apply pressure, he's still increasing his damage output on you by QUITE a bit. 100 doesn't sound like much, but it's 50 extra DPS WITHOUT charging it even once which would ever only happen in a hypothetical situation or one where nothing is even trying to deal with you.

Though even the argument against Crush is a bit moot as well because it is very useful into certain matchups, and there's this thing called picking Decimation (aka the best tank talent in the entire game) as well.

Also, anything can be countered that's a given

How do you counter damage reduction?