May Rage Thread

• PC

@schachmaty said in May Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious said in May Rage Thread:

Not another one of these games... UGH.

Not again.jpg

Dredge thought he was a bad tank player or something just rushing point and spamming "need healing", Bomb King somehow did only 30k in an 11 minute match... Between him and Bomb King they dealt only 67k damage. I DID 8.5K MORE THAN BOTH OF THEM COMBINED... This basically was a 2v5 game...

And how did their Jenos only have 4 deaths? HE WAS RUSHING POINT HALF OF THE GAME... I got almost EVERY kill on him while he was doing THAT? HOW? Bad DPS players, of course. Way too common of a thing.

Instead of playing tank and complaining u could play DPS yourself and actually carry/influence the outcome of the match instead of putting it into the hands of your teammates...

Yeah and if I played DPS then what would happen? I get a bad tank that doesn't do anything but kill themselves, and I can't contest as a DPS so I just lose point with no ability to do anything about it.

• PC

Disappointed... I thought I was going to have some fun going solo against 3 bots. Also, why didn't the bots commend me?

1.jpg

Instead it went like this..

2.jpg

• Moji is about the most unfun thing in paladins right now. There are champs that piss me off but Moji is just pure fucking garbage. They need to fix her burst damage because its fucking insain how fast she can kill you with almost zero fucking skill.

• And i would like to add that i dont give a flying fuck how easy she is to shoot, her burst damage is just way to fucking much to deal with. When the only counter play to a champ is to run the fuck away, there is a fucking problem.

• PC

Adding to the list of throwers, we have a Lian that built one rank of Caut the entire match! Complained a lot about lag that was not effecting me or seemingly anybody else, but that's no excuse for rushing f***ing CHRONOS on a DPS character that applies Caut very well.

• PC

Also feels nice to be unable to accept a ranked match. I get the NA server is overloaded with EU people playing on it in part thanks to the COVID issue, but can I just accept a ranked match and actually type without it not going through until after what I typed is even relevant? I'm trying to help my team draft here and I can't f***ing do it with this $#!+.

• @Dusklicious Funny is, if you can't see what your teammates have picked cause only the first and last player is visible.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in May Rage Thread:

Also feels nice to be unable to accept a ranked match. I get the NA server is overloaded with EU people playing on it in part thanks to the COVID issue, but can I just accept a ranked match and actually type without it not going through until after what I typed is even relevant? I'm trying to help my team draft here and I can't f***ing do it with this $#!+.

Then when I do get a match, I get a Zhin that somehow goes 1/11/2 and does 20k against a solo tank comp with a Vivian, a Dredge, and a Jenos, along with a suicidal Raum and a Damba that had the absolute dumbest card setup I've ever seen.

Match after I got a first pick that didn't ban Bomb King or Khan and I was almost unavoidably infinitely CC chained for half of the game. Whoops. 😑 But hey I still placed Plat IV... 😒 Should have been higher but I don't have to climb from Gold or some $#!+.

• PC

I do have a tier list ready, but I'm not posting it in my tier list thread right now due to a couple of... issues, I suppose it's safe to phrase it that way. 😒 A lot of my opinions have changed on some things as well, most notably my opinion on Furia.

Once they get... cough cough RESOLVED then I'll start posting them. If they don't, well I won't. I'll just link them.

Imagine people telling somebody to pick Lex instead of Buck flank. Literally the worst character in the entire game versus a serviceable flank. And we pick the worst character in the game. Not one but TWO people in a recent ranked match said to pick Lex over Buck... Lex shouldn't even be on the table because half of his abilities might as well not even do anything, and his credit boosting from bounties is beyond laughable in a meta where you'll normally see third item on everyone by the end of a ranked match that isn't a stomp.

• @HeartQueen said in May Rage Thread:

@GreenTheater said in May Rage Thread:

@Shadowpuppy said in May Rage Thread:

@Jello770 If you are not good enough to carry your way out of where you are then you are where you should be. If you need an entire team of solid people to win in the division you are in, that pretty much means you are in the correct division.

If you can still win when part of your team is crap then your probably to good for the division you are in.

LOL this is the biggest fail ever. You are basically saying that this is not a team game, this is a game where 1 person has to carry all the noobs he plays with. You are totally agreeing about the fact that matchmaking is broken, and funny, you didn't realize.

Everyone is actually right weirdly enough.

I remember being hardstuck in Silver for the longest. This is when I was stacking on point with other tanks, I only healed and didn't damage or provide utility. I though Furia was a trash support and a throw pick, and I thought Seris was op. My aim was complete garbage, and I thought Ash was a viable point tank. I was not ready for any rank higher than Silver. Thus, I stagnated around Silver.

Though as I developed more game sense, I realized that I did deserve higher, but my team was holding me back. Having great games as Tyra, great games as Lian, great games as Inara, great games as Ying, etc. Yet I stagnated around Gold III. Then the game promoted me to Plat V, then I shortly got promoted to Plat II. In that case, it WAS my team's fault that I was hardstuck in Gold III, II, and IV. Clearly the game agreed because even after a painful loss, I was promoted to Platinum. Then I developed more game sense and got promoted to diamond IV and stagnated around low-mid diamond.

So in that sense, both parties are right. If you're stuck in a rank forever, you do deserve to be there. Something is holding you back whether aim or game sense. At the same time, getting promoted out of a rank clearly shows that it was my team that was keeping me hardstuck, not me.

Really? After a loss you was promoted from gold 4 to platinum? Is this what you re saying bro? Because this is really not how hi rez and says the ranked works.

• PC

Imagine banning BOTH Raum and Khan. Ban one, not the other... If you ban both it gives them free reigns to the likes of Bomb King and Io and after Ash is picked you literally have only middling at best choices to choose from.

Also imagine trash-talking all of your teammates when you throw the match by trying to make your off-tank point for you. I'll just say this right now. PLUCK MAKOA CAN'T SUSTAIN ON POINT... He has no way of doing that without a Shield build. Which I wouldn't run because we had a Jenos solo heal with an Inara "point." Well point was accurate for the first half, second half the Inara just fed and blamed it on everyone else.

• @GreenTheater said in May Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen said in May Rage Thread:

@GreenTheater said in May Rage Thread:

@Shadowpuppy said in May Rage Thread:

@Jello770 If you are not good enough to carry your way out of where you are then you are where you should be. If you need an entire team of solid people to win in the division you are in, that pretty much means you are in the correct division.

If you can still win when part of your team is crap then your probably to good for the division you are in.

LOL this is the biggest fail ever. You are basically saying that this is not a team game, this is a game where 1 person has to carry all the noobs he plays with. You are totally agreeing about the fact that matchmaking is broken, and funny, you didn't realize.

Everyone is actually right weirdly enough.

I remember being hardstuck in Silver for the longest. This is when I was stacking on point with other tanks, I only healed and didn't damage or provide utility. I though Furia was a trash support and a throw pick, and I thought Seris was op. My aim was complete garbage, and I thought Ash was a viable point tank. I was not ready for any rank higher than Silver. Thus, I stagnated around Silver.

Though as I developed more game sense, I realized that I did deserve higher, but my team was holding me back. Having great games as Tyra, great games as Lian, great games as Inara, great games as Ying, etc. Yet I stagnated around Gold III. Then the game promoted me to Plat V, then I shortly got promoted to Plat II. In that case, it WAS my team's fault that I was hardstuck in Gold III, II, and IV. Clearly the game agreed because even after a painful loss, I was promoted to Platinum. Then I developed more game sense and got promoted to diamond IV and stagnated around low-mid diamond.

So in that sense, both parties are right. If you're stuck in a rank forever, you do deserve to be there. Something is holding you back whether aim or game sense. At the same time, getting promoted out of a rank clearly shows that it was my team that was keeping me hardstuck, not me.

Really? After a loss you was promoted from gold 4 to platinum? Is this what you re saying bro? Because this is really not how hi rez and says the ranked works.

It happened to me before though. This was when I thought I would be stuck in Gold forever. I kept playing different positions and even filling, but I couldn't carry. I was stagnating around Gold IV, III, and II. I played Inara one game and had a loss, and I got annoyed. I was like, "I guess I'll be a hardstuck Gold player." Then it promoted me, even after a loss. I was promoted to Plat V. That was when I knew rank wasn't completely hopeless.

Then it promoted me, even after a loss. I was promoted to Plat V. That was when I knew rank wasn't completely hopeless.

That should be impossible to rank up after a loss.

• @M3RC3N4RI0 said in May Rage Thread:

Then it promoted me, even after a loss. I was promoted to Plat V. That was when I knew rank wasn't completely hopeless.

I don't think so. I think if you're overperforming, you should rank up no matter what. If a guy continues to have games like 50-12, 32-10, 44-9, 27-6, etc., then you should get promoted whether you win or lose. Clearly you're overperforming and don't belong in that rank. Even moving from dps, if you have great game sense as a support and tank, and you should get promoted.

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0 said in May Rage Thread:

Yeah that's not how the ranking system works. It only works on wins and losses. You lose points if you lose regardless if you carry the match and you get points if you win regardless if you get carried. Realistically speaking it SHOULD account how you personally perform in the AMOUNT you win or lose, but it doesn't do that. Which admittedly can be a bit annoying.

• @HeartQueen I meant I think it's impossible to rank up with a loss. At least I never experienced that. A loss means losing TP.

@M3RC3N4RI0 said in May Rage Thread:

I don't think so. I think if you're overperforming, you should rank up no matter what. If a guy continues to have games like 50-12, 32-10, 44-9, 27-6, etc., then you should get promoted whether you win or lose. Clearly you're overperforming and don't belong in that rank. Even moving from dps, if you have great game sense as a support and tank, and you should get promoted.

I think better kda gives you more TP when you win and less TP loss when you lose 🙂

• @HeartQueen yea that will help, now people will let the entire team die so long as they get all the kill steals and run away from anything that might kill them and drop their KDA... This will make the game super fun. NOT

They should just give 50% TP reduction lose to the person with the most credits.

• PC

My Barik winrate for this season is only 54%... And the KDA is nonetheless almost 3? If only I'd stop getting feeders so often on my team... Both of those numbers would be WAY higher.

2.75 KDA 54%WR.jpg

Seriously my stats this season have depended on my team more than anything. Whether I have a good or garbage DPS seems to determine everything. And if I switch to DPS, I'll probably just have a bad tank right? Can't carry a game with a tank that easily and you can't cap when your tanks are awful. And if I play support, well, it's just everyone altogether being bad. And yes this nonsense doesn't only happen when I play Barik. My stats are better than last season yet my winrate is WAY lower. Less than 50% in fact. Last season I had a 52% overall winrate and now I can barely muster 50% when I'm playing better.

.....jpg

.......jpg

This kind of $#!+ is why I don't understand that there aren't so many complaints about poor match quality even WHEN the MM does its job. People just seem to want to throw...

• PC

No thanks, I dont want my game full of kda whores. Its so easy to get a good kda...

Also off tanks and off supports have inherently less credits than point tanks and main supports because they dont stay in the point / heal that much which is the easiest way of gaining credits for them. It happens the same when you lock damage dealer in a double damage dealer comp and you arent the one focusing the point/ tanks.
    https://paladins.gamepedia.com/Credits

The ranked system is fine as long as they fix matchmaking, they dont need to reward for better kda, credits or whatever.