May Rage Thread

• @Dusklicious said in May Rage Thread:

Burst in this case. Bursting the Term down especially with an over 2k burst will make the damage reduction not apply nearly as much.

How you do an over 2K burst? That technique would help a lot against flanks.

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0 said in May Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious said in May Rage Thread:

Burst in this case. Bursting the Term down especially with an over 2k burst will make the damage reduction not apply nearly as much.

How you do an over 2K burst? That technique would help a lot against flanks.

Strix and Bomb King are both more than capable of doing that to a Term at least (BK can't do that as consistently against most flanks, but he does stupid damage anyways). Cassie and Lian same thing. Oh and Tiberius with Q up.

Again have to say I love inflated egos. :^) A toxic EU $#!+head with an ego that I'm surprised could fit in one EU country let alone the entirety of the continent has been harassing me the past few days.

• PC

Imani is barely viable... RIP. TBH she'd be unviable if she didn't get a small buff barely worth mentioning along with the massive nerf.

She's on Pip and Skye's level now... Skye really isn't that good... She was a flavor of the month that got stale pretty quickly after they nerfed her healing output to an amount that makes her barely worth using, especially now that other healers are getting better. And Pip is only not at Seris' level because Catalyst builds exist.

Also BP got nerfed so much I'm not sure if I even want to buy it.

• Yay, they finally fixed Imani's Triple insta 1000 Fireball glitch....

by turning it into one that will continuously spam fullmana instacast fireballs for as long as Mana bar doesn't decay on its own. So for 20 seconds.

Someone please put this character out of her misery...

• PC

When a character is so broken that a new player can instakill a tank with their worst talent. "EASILY COUNTERABLE"

Also imagine trying to flank a competent Strix on Frog Isle. He kills you before you can even try to kill him most of the time because there are no f***ing flank routes on this map and he has SEVERAL places he can perch. Just give us a tunnel on the inland side or SOMETHING.

Strix and Bomb King are both more than capable of doing that to a Term at least (BK can't do that as consistently against most flanks, but he does stupid damage anyways). Cassie and Lian same thing. Oh and Tiberius with Q up.

Well, undying is probably the talent for solo tank with maximum survivability. So lets say I pick "It Follows" V for 40% speed bonus and Strength of Stone V for another 20% DR. Also Haven II for another 14% DR vs your Strix. So I get 45% DR under 1600HP and Strix needs a 3K burst. 🙂

• PC

Well, undying is probably the talent for solo tank with maximum survivability.

Lol no on "the talent with maximum survivability". It's not even Term's best survivability-wise probably. Decimation has better sustain than Undying at this point because of just how long you can keep up siphon with it.

• @Dusklicious Nope, it doesn't. Rofl.

• PC

@Dusklicious Nope, it doesn't. Rofl.

Yeah it kind of does... 🤡 I'm not sure if you're aware or not about the fact he has MULTIPLE sustain cards that are essentials on Deci loadouts that are absurdly strong... Free 60 per rank per charge hit heal when you hit Calamity blasts, that you can charge up with only 600 damage each (rank 5 because running that card NOT Rank 5 on a Deci loadout is stupid), and regenerating a whole 10% of a charge after hitting all of your charges per rank... All that the DR loadout has are gimmicky options that are spread out with a lack of real synergy aside from "it makes him seem tankier on paper than he'll actually be (Diminishing Returns: exist) so why not."

It honestly sounds like you don't entirely know what you're talking about and you just think you do.

• Decimation Term is close to broken.

• PC

@Shadowpuppy said in May Rage Thread:

Decimation Term is close to broken.

It pretty much is in its current state. Biggest issue IMO is the heal being stupid especially in combination with how stupid Necromantic Might is. Both of them definitely need a decrease in scaling.

This AoC is really beginning to disappoint me. Barely anybody suggests much of anything, and the people that do seem to suggest bad ideas. Couch actually suggested good stuff and Hi-Rez was like "but no?" 😒 And then Z1 suggests NERFING A CHARACTER THAT BARELY ANYONE PLAYS and They're like "yeah GREAT IDEA!" 😡 Oh and Strix nerfs were suggested and they came up with a BS excuse about the "sniper fantasy." I'm sure that doesn't involve killing most flanks no matter what in a 1v1. Snipers SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DO THAT. (L1BRA brought that up, point for her on this one).

It's almost like this time around there's a MASSIVE disconnect between the AoC and the community. What I've heard from there doesn't line up with ANYTHING I've heard anyone else request. Z1 is proving himself VERY guilty of this, yet the community seems to back him no matter what. Heck if he suggested a Seris nerf I bet the community would have his back at this point.

• PC

Games has issues..

Login and my email disappeared? WTF

email.jpg

WTF is this - see lower right corner.

map.jpg

Attempt to get Luna to ride the payload resulted in a floating Luna...

floatIO.jpg

• After a 4 monts break, i returned to Paladins.
    Played a few ranked matches and i am already triggered again...

After qualifying i was placed in plat 4 -- ok np
    So i queued -> match started -> oh nice, i'm alreday playing against diamonds and masters

So my guess is, even after so many years, hi-rez still doesnt know how a ranking system works
    It just doesnt make any sense, that a platin player plays against a diamond/master, even when the "skill rating" or whaterever is the same...
    You have to play against others in the same division to compare those people.

But well, just fuck it... this will never ever be changed...
    Furthermore this community is probably the worst community of all games... haven't seen anything like this yet...

• PC

Z1: "Let's nerf Buck, you know a champion nobody plays because he should clearly always be made useless by Caut"

JayFlare: "Fernando's ult applies to pets, and that shouldn't be a thing because Nando is clearly not worse than Ash in almost every possible way."

Bitey: "Let's buff Makoa and make him meta again because why not? You know a character that is only slightly worse than a character that Z1 proposed a nerf to?"

Also half of the changes the AoC suggested in the last meeting would be bad for the game and some of them are probably going to happen... 😑 I can tell you now, I'm voting for none of them come the end of the year. I swear I should just run myself. I mean seriously, I know that nobody on here ever told any of these clowns to say these stupid things and I don't know who would even think these changes are okay, let alone a good idea.

Also shill in the comments section; "yeah people did" (lie)

Also I think I realized why the cooldowns felt so long... IT'S BECAUSE UNYIELDING DISCIPLINE DOESN'T EVEN WORK. Seroiusly, I just tried it out in bots and it didn't just do the very little it says on the card, but it did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Also this happened:

Huh.jpg

AND THIS... What makes this ridiculous was that it was a 150-ish to 400 loss, not even remotely close... Almost everyone on my team was throwing, and even then the only half decent teammate I had was a Tyra that STILL managed 5k less damage than me in an 8 minute match where both of my healers and my flanker may as well have been bots...:

Ugh why.jpg

• @M3RC3N4RI0 said in May Rage Thread:

The talent only gives you the equivalent of a whopping 320 health without health cards(40% of 4000 = 1600, 20% of 1600= 320).

DR is not an equivalent of HP. It's an equivalent to Rejuvenate. If you hit me for 1000, I take 800 damage and need only 800 heal to compensate the damage.

The stun jump can be blocked by Torvald, Crippling Warder Inara, Jenos. Decimation is useless if no one shoots your Siphon.

@HeartQueen said in May Rage Thread:

Now the Seris went Agony against Totemic Ward CC Immunity Grohk.

He got CC Immunity again?

Old battle. Before the blastflower nerf and the cc immunity removal. We lost that match because Seris didn't pull her weight. Yet Maeve thought it was because I wasn't killing the Grohk even though he had the 2nd most deaths on the enemy team.

@Shadowpuppy said in May Rage Thread:

Decimation Term is close to broken.

It pretty much is in its current state. Biggest issue IMO is the heal being stupid especially in combination with how stupid Necromantic Might is. Both of them definitely need a decrease in scaling.

This AoC is really beginning to disappoint me. Barely anybody suggests much of anything, and the people that do seem to suggest bad ideas. Couch actually suggested good stuff and Hi-Rez was like "but no?" 😒 And then Z1 suggests NERFING A CHARACTER THAT BARELY ANYONE PLAYS and They're like "yeah GREAT IDEA!" 😡 Oh and Strix nerfs were suggested and they came up with a BS excuse about the "sniper fantasy." I'm sure that doesn't involve killing most flanks no matter what in a 1v1. Snipers SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DO THAT. (L1BRA brought that up, point for her on this one).

It's almost like this time around there's a MASSIVE disconnect between the AoC and the community. What I've heard from there doesn't line up with ANYTHING I've heard anyone else request. Z1 is proving himself VERY guilty of this, yet the community seems to back him no matter what. Heck if he suggested a Seris nerf I bet the community would have his back at this point.

I don't think the heal or Necromantic Might is too bad. Terminus needs more consistent poke when comparing him to Inara and Barik, and I think point tanks that sustain are a good thing. I just hate his endless siphon. That is the thing broken about him, which breaks his other cards in return. So he gets infinite poke, infinite heals, etc.

I don't like the AoC members this year. I especially dislike Z1unknown and made it a point not to vote for him. (I wanted Hyuga damn it!) Yet he's a popular streamer with a following, so of course he gets the vote. I knew Z1 would think of bs balance changes because he's a flank main. Flank mains are generally "nerf who gives me problems" Buck counters flanks, therefore he wants Buck nerfed. It's like those people who wanted to nerf Lian. I'm just like, if y'all don't just pick Kinessa, Strix, Cassie, or Zhin and farm her! Like Jesus people.

The only one I'm voting for is Jay Flare like this time. Not because I like all of his balance changes, he personally annoys me too. But because I like that he gives us insight to what they talk about in the meetings. I NEED to have insight so I'm not blind sided when shit happens. That's worth more than Jay Flare having a few dumb ideas.

• This game is most balanced thing ever with undeniably strong laws of logic.

You see, here's Imani's RMB,

which is a 1s AoE root with long channel time where you are unable to do anything (anymore) that has 18s CD that can be reduced to up to even 8s if you invest heavily into multiple cards that require you to land your shots effectively.

And here is Grover's RMB,

which is a 1s AoE root with fast channel time where you are unable to do anything that has 7s CD that can be reduced to up to 4s if you invest in a single card that require you to do absolutely nothing.

W H A T

👏

• PC

@HeartQueen @Dusklicious the problem is not the siphon or the terminus cards... the problem is when your teammates have a combined iq of 50 and shoot term even if he is cleary using his Q making it infinite. Like come on I understand that he may predict you with his Q but stop spamming all the map giving him free charges with dredge for god sake. Against competent players is way harder getting charges, basically term have to predict them but he is a noobstomper dont know how to nerf him without sending him to the trash bin again.

• PC

@ShogunPukin They should make the siphon reflect the damage back to the shooter... that'll stop them.

Z1: "Let's nerf Buck, you know a champion nobody plays because he should clearly always be made useless by Caut"

• Just because no one plays him doesnt mean its balanced. Just because everyone plays something doesnt mean un unbalanced. I agree with Z1 on this one.

JayFlare: "Fernando's ult applies to pets, and that shouldn't be a thing because Nando is clearly not worse than Ash in almost every possible way."

• Asking if something is intended is bad? I did not even know this was a thing so I am pretty happy he brought it up.

Bitey: "Let's buff Makoa and make him meta again because why not? You know a character that is only slightly worse than a character that Z1 proposed a nerf to?"

• Makoa is uter garbage right now, he is not even being played in casuals. I do not even know how you could have a problem with this, as its pretty clear that Makoa was nerfed into the ground.

Also half of the changes the AoC suggested in the last meeting would be bad for the game and some of them are probably going to happen... 😑 I can tell you now, I'm voting for none of them come the end of the year. I swear I should just run myself. I mean seriously, I know that nobody on here ever told any of these clowns to say these stupid things and I don't know who would even think these changes are okay, let alone a good idea.

• I thought most of the ideas where solid thoughts that made perfect since.

Raising the walls on Frog Island is a fantastic idea.

My question to you is, what did you ask Z1 or anyone else to propose in order to better the game?