May Rage Thread

• @HeartQueen said in May Rage Thread:

"report Seris"

It reminds me to my ranked matches. There's no match start without reading this word combination.

• PC

Yeah, I'm starting to think the servers are actually WORSE now than they were before the "fix." I can barely find any games that aren't just lagfests anymore. And every other match at best has one toxic idiot in it. Between the toxicity starting to be on par with LoL levels of toxicity and the games being barely playable... I think I may just play TF2 for a while... 😒

No wonder this game's numbers on Steam, percentage-wise, are saying this is the worst month for the game since October of last year... Scratch that, FEBRUARY of last year...

• Can it be that the quality of players also gets worse cause of the server lag? I just played 3 matches lately but holy crap, those teams were bad.

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0 said in May Rage Thread:

Can it be that the quality of players also gets worse cause of the server lag? I just played 3 matches lately but holy crap, those teams were bad.

Feels like it when I play. When you get called a bot by somebody who's straight-up doing worse than you, it says a lot.

• PC

Paladins players dreams...

data-center.jpg

What we actually get...

palaserver.jpg

• PC

Respect for Io mains after this patch: 👎 👎

Problem isn't that they play her. Problem is they play her and say she's perfectly fine... Seriously, what? And that even minor nerfs will somehow "kill the character." Last I checked, Io has a higher winrate, better KDA, and even pretty much identical healing output in comparison to what FURIA had last patch. I fail to see how making a character who can spawn a low health point tank whenever she wants with healing as good as a top support isn't broken... And she even has better escape tools than other meta supports... I mean Grover can, with enough skill mind you, get more out of his Vine, but hers doesn't require the same degree of skill AND that's not even the point.

Heck I'm a Barik main and I was definitely in the nerf camp when he was the best tank in the game back in 3.1. I STILL think he needs a little nerfing even now (turrets honestly sustain a bit too much)... But he's now only number 3 tank-wise... Whereas Io is the best support and one of the strongest characters in the entire game and yet Io mains want you to believe that's okay. I mean at least most I encounter do... Luna definitely needs nerfing ASAP at the least...

• PC

@Vaporized said in May Rage Thread:

Paladins players dreams...

data-center.jpg

What we actually get...

palaserver.jpg

link text

• @Dusklicious Io had the same winrates as Furia before her buff, and even without the buff the fact that her only real rival, Furia, was nerfed, and her wannabe rival Jenos also was nerfed, would have increased her winrate even without her being buffed. Io was underrated and Jenos overrated in my opinion. I was surprised that knowing Io's winrates they did buff her. Since now more people will start playing her (she was surprisingly unpopular) the problem will even become worse, since there is no counterpick anymore. There are only 5 viable main supports after all. That's not enough.

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0 said in May Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious Io had the same winrates as Furia before her buff, and even without the buff the fact that her only real rival, Furia, was nerfed, and her wannabe rival Jenos also was nerfed, would have increased her winrate even without her being buffed. Io was underrated and Jenos overrated in my opinion. I was surprised that knowing Io's winrates they did buff her. Since now more people will start playing her (she was surprisingly unpopular) the problem will even become worse, since there is no counterpick anymore. There are only 5 viable main supports after all. That's not enough.

There are counterpicks, but they purely rely on getting and maxxing out Bulldozer ASAP. Which in and of itself is problematic because you already need to max caut ASAP anyways on most non-support characters...

• PC

@Dusklicious maxing out bulldozer means luna proceeds to mess with your flank instead of your point tank. Luna still can be used defensively in most maps even if you max bulldozer.

• PC

@ShogunPukin said in May Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious maxing out bulldozer means luna proceeds to mess with your flank instead of your point tank. Luna still can be used defensively in most maps even if you max bulldozer.

That's true... She could do that... 😒 I mean it does force Luna off the point to some extent which is helpful, but still a problem.

• @Dusklicious said in May Rage Thread:

There are counterpicks, but they purely rely on getting and maxxing out Bulldozer ASAP. Which in and of itself is problematic because you already need to max caut ASAP anyways on most non-support characters...

With counterpick I meant a support of the same strength the other team could choose. Seconds best support is still Furia judged by the stats. Jenos is already below average. Dredge can counter Luna, two broadsides for 3K damage each and the fox is gone.

• @M3RC3N4RI0 said in May Rage Thread:

Dredge can counter Luna, two broadsides for 3K damage each and the fox is gone.

Yeah, he can kill Luna with two broadsides, but he doesn't counter Io, according to statistics. He's no better than half of the roster at dealing with Io (he has 43% winrate against her).
    Io's strength is not in the stats of the fox, it's in zoning the enemy team as 5 players while still capturing the objective. Wasting someone's time by contesting the objective with the fox is just icing on the cake. As long as Io's team wins a single fight in the round (and there's usually enough time for two), that team is much more likely to capture the objective by zoning, that's what pushes her winrate so high. Meanwhile, the opposing team HAS to win the first fight to prevent Io's team from zoning them 5v5. And that team can only zone 4v5. The odds are stacked against the team that opposes Io.
    Io's fox should lose the ability to capture objective, that's all. That quirk of hers screws with the formula of the game mode.

• Ying sucks
    20200522181905_1.jpg

• @U1322272759 said in May Rage Thread:

Yeah, he can kill Luna with two broadsides, but he doesn't counter Io, according to statistics. He's no better than half of the roster at dealing with Io (he has 43% winrate against her).

Very interesting statistic, didn't notice that one till now. In fact he is not bad against her. He got a 44% winrate against Io while the average winrate is 43% against Io and is better than 2/3 of the champions against her. On the other hand he has a general winrate of 51%. So if 51% WR Dredge plays vs 57% WR Io, this is probably the statistical outcome that was to expect. No special bonus for broadside.

The only champion that is better against Io than to expect is Grohk it seems.

• PC

Can all of the trolling stop... 😒

• PC

Logged in and get a commendation before playing? I guess from the other day? WTF.

Played some training. Enemy Tyra bot was emoting and wouldn't take damage for about 10 seconds. WTF..

Had some weird Lian issues. Weapon disappeared. Some strange Maeve lags.

I don't dare try a real match. Logged out.

• PC

It really gets on my nerves when people look at the past of this game with rose-tinted goggles but now apparently it's an unbalanced disaster. Trust me when I say it was much worse back then. And of course these same people have zero understanding of how to make a grammatically correct or even coherent sentence.

• Does Dredge's "Blow the Man Down" card even work? I see absolutely no difference on Pip bot at shooting range. 80% slow should make him move at crawl speed, that's 2,5 times slower than moving at 50% speed. I'm pretty sure I would notice that.

• PC

Imagine trying to heal a team that dives and kills themselves before you can even get your heal up. Then there's the team that allows their support to get flanked for free the entire game... And that support still gets more healing than the other healer who never even died, while still getting the second highest damage on the entire team.

I swear "willingly playing support with a bad team" should be a secondary definition of masochism.