Bring this Imani bug back and turn it into a feature!

• So a short explanation on how this worked: If you pressed any ability (Ice Bolt, Stance Switch, Glide) before Imani clenched her left fist to cast Frost Bomb, she could perform both Frost Bomb and pressed ability at the same time. She was still unable to do anything else after that until Frost Bomb exploded.

It was fixed this patch.

I know not many people aren't Imani mains these days, so there's a chance they will completely ignore what I am saying, but from my perspective of 200h on her, Ice Stance was already struggling to keep up on par with Fire Stance ever since they nerfed the root duration to 1s. Not only you have worse primary fire with worse Clearcast, but you also had 20s CD ability that put you out of combat for longer period of time for a reward that even cannot fit 2nd icebolt before enemy can move again anymore.

This tech somewhat fixed this issue by making her do another thing while she channels the ability. It also made her kit so much more fluid and cohesive in use. And each ability cancel had it's distinctive situational use without pushing the way you normally use this ability to the trashbin.

Canceling it into Glide was useful to proc overtime with extra space the FB provided, or to catch people out of position by being very aggresive.

Canceling it into Stance Switch was useful when you noticed Huge root but didn't use Splitting Ice (but with Splitting Ice it was better to not switch) to use Inferno Cannon right after and fry some rooted enemies.

And canceling it into Ice Bolt could make you chuck a frost bomb inbetween your attack so that, at very short range, you had almost no downtime with casting this ability, making it great at 1v1s.

And its uses to kill enemies behind corners and to cancel important enemy abilities weren't gone, it just gave you more tools for a 20s CD ability and rewarded you for making the correct choice.

This "bug" made her Ice stance extremely enjoyable to use without making it overpowered, and now it feels clunky again.

Considering all above, I really wish for this tech to be a part of Imani's base kit. Some bugs are beneficial to champions by increasing their depth significantly, like Nando's moonwalk or Furia's Forward Wings Of Wrath tech. It isn't uncommon for developers to turn bug into an intended feature. In fact, Khan walking during his ult was apparently a bug but was so satisfying it was turned into a real thing. Isn't it the same with this Imani tech?

I guess I am kind of frustrated when the only "bug" that helped Imani not be considered entirely trash while also making her infinitely more fun is fixed while stuff like

• Inferno Cannon making 0 damage,
    • Imani floating in air unable to do damage,
    • Clearcast not working and removing your ability to shoot

are still not fixed. Mana Rift still doesn't have an icon in TAB menu which is like fastest thing to fix ever and yet I am constantly subject of reports ever since Imani's original release because people think I am trolling their ranked games with "no talent" challenge.

If I can't get back this tech then at least buff Root back to 1.5s because as it currently stands Ice Stance has almost no use apart from 2 very specific circumstances. But I'd rather go back to 20s CD and ever nerf freaking root to 0.75s and have this tech back because it was extremely satisfying to use.

Fun fact, after root duration nerf I actually binded my stance switch key somewhere where I couldn't press it accidentaly to avoid doing so during fight and keep me in the better Fire stance. But then I found out this fun tech and started using the Ice stance, even though I still thought it was the worse stance most of the time, but I continued to do so because it made Imani's kit feel complete.

Am I really required to rebind it again? I mean, my keybind will reset due to one of Imani bugs, but at least I will get rid of the muscle memory...

• im not playing imani anymore since they 'fixed' the 3k dmg bursts

• @Carlolrac555 said in Bring this Imani bug back and turn it into a feature!:

im not playing imani anymore since they 'fixed' the 3k dmg bursts

3k burst was busted, inconsistent, and was a bug tied to already good stance. As a result I am not missing it at all.

Besides, it's still there, just more random.

This bug on the other hand was not only extremely fun, but also almost made ice on equal with fire. Almost.

• 3k burst wasnt inconsistent, since I knew how it worked, I think Imani isn't a well made champion, since ice and fire both try to fulfill the same job. Ice should have an increased firerate and be a shortrange tool, so that there would actually be a reason to play the other element

3k burst wasnt inconsistent, since I knew how it worked,

Unless you had some sort of guaranteed tech to perform it I don't know about, you still had to time the fireballs correctly which wasn't very easy to execute.

I think Imani isn't a well made champion, since ice and fire both try to fulfill the same job. Ice should have an increased firerate and be a shortrange tool, so that there would actually be a reason to play the other element

Honestly? Thanks to the Frost Bomb tech, I was ready to say she is easily the best (accientally) designed champion in the game. Fun, satisfying to use, very cohesive kit that thanks to s3 started to take shape and form. Now she goes to ground 0 because there's almost no incentive to switch to other stance.

Ice and Fire aren't trying to fullfil the same job. Ice is cc-based AoE stance used at mid-range, while Fire is single-targed damage-based stance used at short and long ranges primarily. Ice is also great at dealing with deployables, while Fire suffers from them.

The incentive to switch stances, if it isn't for the things described above, should be to get access to the other RMB ability, which is meant to be very powerful and lethal. And this is where Imani starts to fall apart thanks to this bugfix.

Frost Bomb is a very weak ability currently when taking in consideration its CD and the fact that you need to switch from your fire stance. Not only her root duration is so short that she cannot fit 2nd Ice bolt onto enemy anymore, Imani is required to channel Frost Bomb unable to do anything else while it flies to the location. By the time Frost Bomb connects where you wanted, you would have hit 2-3 times with Ice Bolts already.

It can be used to cancel important escape abilities, but other abilities that can do this they do it way better. Grover Root is literally Imani's Frost Bomb. It's a 1s AoE root, except its projectile is much faster, isn't required to not use any abilities until the root lands, and on top of all that, it has literally 11s less CD than Frost Bomb.

If root was 1.25s and this tech was brought back, Imani would be literally the best designed champion here. Good skill floor, good skill cap, all of her ablities would have use, very versatily if played correctly, 87,5% of her cards would viable.

The only issues that would be left with her design would be her bugs, obviously, as well as her talents. Splitting Ice and Pyromania both require you to keep you in one stance so that her stanceswitching gimmick goes to the trashbin. And while I understand it's the intention of those talents - we could easily make talents that work for both people who want to switch their stances, and people who want to stick to 1 talent.

• I always play with Imani mana rift, so idk if the 3k bug worked for other talents. So you make sure u had only 1 shot needed to fill up the fire mana bar. You charge up the shot to get the full mana bar, 1k dmg, the next shot is bugged, its a full bar, but doesnt give you an instacast. though every stage of the charge will deal 1k, even if it would normally hit for 150. After the normal shot and the bugged shot, u got the instacast and voila, 3k dmg in less than a sec.
    Ice bolts arent AoE idk what youre talking about, but i still think they work perfect in any range, since they have no falloff. I just want to see both abilities working to fill it up, and rework her cards, but make her switch instant. Meaning that you can switch to ice if someone comes too close and immediately to fire when u need to dmg from afar. No lockout animation on the switch would be kinda cool too. This all would make her feel so much better for sure.

I always play with Imani mana rift, so idk if the 3k bug worked for other talents. So you make sure u had only 1 shot needed to fill up the fire mana bar. You charge up the shot to get the full mana bar, 1k dmg, the next shot is bugged, its a full bar, but doesnt give you an instacast. though every stage of the charge will deal 1k, even if it would normally hit for 150. After the normal shot and the bugged shot, u got the instacast and voila, 3k dmg in less than a sec.

Yeah, that's how I do it. I said it was inconsistent because you couldn't time your 3k burst as freely as let's say 2k burst. If noone is in your sight while you're about to get clearcast, you get no 3k burst.

Ice bolts arent AoE idk what youre talking about,

99% of the time you run Ice with splitting Ice. It makes a lot of sense and turns the LMB into AoE with a slow.

but i still think they work perfect in any range, since they have no falloff.

While they have no fall-off, the projectiles are much smaller that Fire making them worse at long range, and at close range they are harder to aim with since they are shot after a small delay. This is why I think they perform best at medium range.

I just want to see both abilities working to fill it up, and rework her cards, but make her switch instant. Meaning that you can switch to ice if someone comes too close and immediately to fire when u need to dmg from afar. No lockout animation on the switch would be kinda cool too. This all would make her feel so much better for sure.

This might be a fun suggestion to play iwith, but it would be very powerful with the way her abilities work currently. We would have to nerf her RMBs and that wouldn't feel very good.

Surprised you had nothing to say about the tech the whole thread is all about. Kinda derailed the topic here. No opinions at all?

• @TTraw heyy do u know how i can participate in trivia tuesday

• PC

bringing that bug is beyond stupid idea

• @roiwtto999 Great that you have opinion. Now if you could explain why?

@SoulHunter12467 I don't.

• PC