/surrender

• It would be nice to have a surrender option i which case at least 3 members (maybe 4) of your team can choose to be defeated automatically.
    This option should be available at least until 5min of gameplay otherwise it will be spammed and abused.
    There are a lot of server issues along with feeders and trolls to not consider this a viable upgrade to the game.

I hope i'm not the only one considering this an option, specially on ranked games.. No one wants to waste time tryharding and carrying a bot right?

• If I'm about to reach a certain rank, complete a quest, ean an achievement or trophy or am about to lvrl up, I would be extremely pissed if every game I was in people kept surrendering because of something, no matter how trivial, that they didn't like. Just play the match the best you can, or stand there and do nothing or go ahead and quit. Please don't mess someone else's game because of something that you don't like.

With all of the time spent waiting for a match, do we really want to spend more time waiting? We should not only be thinking about ourselves once a match starts, but of the team (and opponents). Do you ever find it frustrating when one or more teammate gives up, quits or forfeits a game that you want to play? Not only with Paladins, but with any online team based game?

• @kr1pteya I also think that a surrender option would make a lot of things much easier. In addition to the things you already mentioned I would also say that a surrender option helps if your team can't win the game anymore because of much better enemies and you would also save a lot of time!

• I'd hate to spend the night with teams that keep surrendering over and over for fear of losing. It doesn't seem very fun to me.

If we continue playing, we still have a chance to turn things around. And as I had stated before, teams that surrender may make it impossible (at that time) for a teammate to complete a quest, earn a reward or even get a simple trophy. And that includes completing battle pass challenges.

Thanks, teammates!

• PC

That isn't a toxic thought process in any way whatsoever.

• @Dusklicious It should be that if all 5 members of your team do not leave spawn for 60 seconds. The option to surrender pops up and all 5 members must click a button that says. I AM A LITTLE BITCH

• PC

@Shadowpuppy said in /surrender:

@Dusklicious It should be that if all 5 members of your team do not leave spawn for 60 seconds. The option to surrender pops up and all 5 members must click a button that says. I AM A LITTLE BITCH

🤣

• That's not a bad idea. Let me remind of Smite, when a team is clearly stronger no need to waste time.Afterall you have same situation when someone does not go out from spawning point. It happen sometimes in casual. Why then wait, just cast a poll. Would say, 4 out 5 valid votes to retire

• @kr1pteya

You want to give up? Uninstall.
    Surrender options just feed toxicity and remove comeback mechanics.
    You win some, you lose some but NEVER SURRENDER.

• @JackXombi thats almost cute. I said that it should be a minimum of votes in order to the surrender feature to take effect. And the other team would take the W, why not? Have you ever played Rocket League? It's not that weird to have a surrender option, even Leage Of Legends has it...

• Even in Rocket League I do not appreciate a forfeit. It takes away from completing objectives, earning rewards and even playing a good and very challenging match. This is true with any online team based game.

If you don't like the match, simply quit and enjoy your well earned reward.

• PC

surrender on a FPS is a pussy move my previous match is a 3v5 we got 2 afk player but we won the reason on surrender button cause player who is toxic or player want to quit and ques on next match fast cause their losing

surrender is the same as rage quit and getting block on match and wait for the timer to end hahaahaha

• Just as some players will habitually quit when they don't like a match, even before a match starts, they will also habitually surrender. We don't need that habit (which can screw up other people's games) in Paladins.

• @Conrad_Max If it requires the entire team to stay in spawn for 60 seconds and a 5 man vote of yes, i dont see an issue with it.

• @Shadowpuppy said in /surrender:

@Conrad_Max If it requires the entire team to stay in spawn for 60 seconds and a 5 man vote of yes, i dont see an issue with it.

Then the other team suffers and loses an opportunity to advance or earn a reward. For some people, it may the only game they can play that night because of a busy schedule, only to have the game end before it even starts.

• @Conrad_Max is it really earnimg them. anyrhing when the team wont leave spawn.

Have you never been spawn trapped by a team that wont cap and is just 5 man camping your spawn doors to be dicks about it?

• There's the challenge. It can be done.

I said what I had to say. Thanks.

• PC

@kr1pteya Instead of this let's add an agreement section. Something like this would pop up every time you join a non training Q:

If they don't check all the boxes they can't join the Q.

• PC

@Vaporized Put this masterpiece in your signature.

• PC

@NoMemeNoLife

Nah, those things should be in a player's mind without an agreement.