To our Champions, Regarding Servers

• Yesterday, at about 4 p.m. EST, Paladins switched to backup cloud-based servers so we could upgrade our data centers.

Unfortunately, these backup cloud servers caused some players to experience intermittent packet loss spikes.

We will be transitioning away from the cloud servers within the next few hours.

If you are still experiencing server issues after this, we encourage you to submit a technical support ticket (https://hirezstudios.com/support) with your match IDs so we can further investigate any ongoing issues.

Thank you.

• Too bad I can't create support tickets for all my futures matches : )
    Everybody in EU can already tell you that the cloud servers are not the issue nor that it is intermittent : )

Might want to update the Paladins | Live Critical Issues Trello board.

• Will this fix all the non-NA servers that have been broken for months?

• Hard to be optimistic considering for how long servers were in this state, but we'll see if there are any "improvements"...

• at least. Let's hope for the server to be back like yesterday and not this unplayable state

• PC

@YouSmeIlNice
    you know that before their server changes due to reasons that were mentioned previously, there was almost no issues due to server quality...
    I have played quite a lot over more than 2 years, and beside my trash internet I never had big issues outside of patch days (that are obviously crowded hence resulting in more issues, and also needing bug fixes and such so they can't do everything at once) but considering how smooth last update was...
    you should probably wait a bit before saying shit
    sure paladins is still a bit buggy has crappy matchmaking and a ton of other issues, but I mean, it's improving a lot, there are way less bugs, lag was never much of an issue (beside when your own internet sucks) and maybe one day we'll get better matchmaking and a real tutorial for new players
    but as someone who played since a damn long time, I'm pretty happy with how it's going, beside matchmaking

and seriously be happy that they notice it on the forums, a year ago that would have never happened !

• PC

@Romanova I hope it's an actual upgrade this time. My flaming servers pic is ready to go 🙂

Anyway, thanks for the update.

• @TangAce facts

• @TangAce said in To our Champions, Regarding Servers:

there was almost no issues due to server quality

All (or most) servers other than NA have been broken for months.

there are way less bugs

That's a good one. Imani is a walking pile of bugs, Terminus still falls through the ground or slams before taking off, his hand doesn't always go up when casting siphon, Tiberius gets stuck in sword recall, black screen still shows up after some matches, payload can still be contested by a dead enemy team or fail to be contested by a living player. I can't think of any bugs that were fixed lately.

and seriously be happy that they notice it on the forums, a year ago that would have never happened !

I think they're kind of cornered into noticing it when the last (?) working region isn't working. Did you have anything of substance to say or are you just whiteknighting casually?

you know that before their server changes due to reasons that were mentioned previously, there was almost no issues due to server quality...

You're kidding right ? About 50% of servers in every region have been completely broken for a few months with no regs, packet loss and various bugs.
    I'm not even talking about delay, before those issues, that was there for even longer.

You obviously haven't played Paladins recently or you are clearly lying.

• @TangAce To quote Luke Skywalker: "Amazing, every word of what you just said... was wrong." I speak for EU when I say that the servers are so problematic, you often can't even jump. It's been like this for about a month. I'm glad you're happy though 🙂

• when it will be fixed ? in egypt servers are so bad please fix it,thank you

• I've had no issues regarding Paladins and server/network connections until yesterday night (it was night for me). So this explains everything. I really love this game and I hope Evil Mojo the best to improve their technical side of the game. I believe we can make this game a better game with time and teamwork.

• @TangAce You're kidding, right?
    Eu servers have been broken for like... 2 months? The game right now is almost unplayable because of package loss, high ping, crashes, client errors and champion related bugs.
    So either you're lying or you haven't played paladins (in EU) recently.

• @U1322272759 I'm pretty sure all those character bugs you mentioned are related to the server issues. I say this because I play Imani, Tiberius and Term all the time and have no issues on NA servers. I mean, I get it, I'd be pissed too if the servers were bad in my region. But you don't even consider those are an extension of the server issues? You don't think someone relaying a positive experience could be honest and in a different region than you? I don't get attacking someone just because their experience diverges from your own.

• @Dalarki I was playing on NA exclusively and got all of those bugs there, before the recent lag issue. Let's see here: "dalarki" on paladins Guru played Imani 8 times ,Tiberius 3 times, Terminus 2 times. Hmm.

I play Imani, Tiberius and Term all the time

• PC

@tren1ty @U1322272759 @YouSmeIlNice @justaboss @PacoScarso

* I said "before"

(yeah I hope it'll be visible enough this way, kinda miss old forum letter size change option in these moments)
    guys can you even think for one moment? ya know I suppose, even tho you might be shut ins, covid19 ? yaknow how it can cause problems
    they freaking warned and gave reasons for server instability over the past 2months
    before that it was fine, after that, it'll be fine, it's already fine, none of my friends got any lag issues since the earlier change

one day people will read what I say properly...maybe...one day...

I have played for more than 2 years, over 3k hours
    the game never had fewer bugs than now, just remembering andro, term, pip, and so on, half the champs were so buggy you wouldn't want to play em
    most character bugs right now were due to lag (andro's ult delaying for exemple, or jumps)
    you don't see people stuck in the floor, walls, wherever anymore
    you can respawn after crashing (and god knows it crashes way less than before, I actually don't have any deserter nor bot game in the last few months, which is actually impressive considering it was everyday a year ago
    I'm pretty sure all these people who answered me have only started playing recently
    any veteran player will know

@Vaporized
    apparently everything seems fine according to people I asked
    and of course, I'm not including you in my previous rant, surely you know what I meant

one day people will read what I say properly...maybe...one day...

You can help us out right now by learning to speak English. Aren't you from NA, or something? It's really hard for an English-third-language third-worlder like me to read and comprehend your word salads.

you know that before their server changes

Specify the changes in question, and why having lag after those changes is supposed to be acceptable.

it's already fine, none of my friends got any lag issues since the earlier change

Cool story, bro. Guess they don't even need to do any maintenance today, works on your machine.

just remembering andro, term, pip, and so on

Andro reversal still bugged, Term still bugged, Pip Weightless doesn't always autojump on activation, ultimate randomly fizzles.

you don't see people stuck in the floor, walls, wherever anymore

Saw Khan stuck in the sky after Io ulting him upwards about a week ago.

you can respawn after crashing

Wow. It's almost like that's supposed to be a basic feature.

• @TangAce you've got to be joking. I honestly can't take this essay seriously.

• I refuse to log into this game until the servers are fixed. Just played a match and NOTHING has changed from earlier today.