To our Champions, Regarding Servers

• PC

@U1322272759 Where did I make any excuses? I want everyone to have the best possible experience so matches aren't won/lost due to game issues. A bunch of clueless forum users making conjectures doesn't do anything. (including myself here since IDK what was done or why)

You can either wait it out or try to help by providing them with the info they requested. Your choice.

• @TangAce trash internet widePepeLaugh
    alt text

• @TangAce said in To our Champions, Regarding Servers:

dude I played dozens of matches since then

Post screenshots of your in-game match history.

• PC

@U1322272759

https://www.reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/gm4lv6/whats_up_with_the_servers/

Why they can't post this on the OFFICIAL forum is beyond me...

• Why is Paladins the ONLY fucking game that has problems in such proportions?

• PC

@Vaporized said in To our Champions, Regarding Servers:

@U1322272759

Not sure whether that's a satisfactory explanation or an excuse. I'm leaning towards excuse though.

• I see. It's not HiRez's fault guys. Fix your internet. Where did I hear that already ? Oh, right, 10 months ago when Delay was a thing.
    I understand the situation is currently quite complicated, however there are a few things that don't check out:

• I play CSGO - How amazing ? No packet loss, no lags.. Hmm one new data point.
    • What about Valorant, a game that is still in beta - No packet loss, no lags... That's weird.
    • Let's try a third game, Overwatch - Same situation. No lags, no packet loss.
    • I quickly browsed r/Rainbow6, no issue on the horizon, either.

It still amazes me, after so many years, how Paladins, HiRez, is not able to recognize problems. It is simply not possible that they are the only game developers facing such an issue and can't fix it.

• PC

LOL - someone down thumbed my link to reddit. I guess someone thinks they shouldn't post on the official forum?

@Dusklicious said in To our Champions, Regarding Servers:

@Vaporized said in To our Champions, Regarding Servers:

@U1322272759

Not sure whether that's a satisfactory explanation or an excuse. I'm leaning towards excuse though.

I agree that many lag issues existed prior to the Corona virus stuff. I mean was bitching about rampant AFKs well into last year. Assuming it really is internet issues then maybe they need to look at how network communication is being handled because packet loss and packet delays are never going away.

• PC

@YouSmeIlNice

you know that these 4 games are from massive companies? with way way way more funds than hirez
    paladins isn't the only game having issues since covid19, far from it, that had to happen, more people on the internet overall means more issues
    so surely huge companies might have spent quite a bit on additional servers or whatever to prevent these issues

if you guys don't like paladins, if you can't handle the issues that come along with playing a game not as big as games from power houses, then gtfo and go play OW or whatever
    stop saying hirez don't care and stuff like that, it's simply not true and they are surely trying their best for their community

honestly this community isn't helping at all, did you ever, for one second, tried to think about how hirez employees can feel when thousands of people are saying this kind of stuff while they are freakin trying their best, they are freakin humans, and they ain't hundreds working on a single game unlike in bigger companies
    imagine trying to compare paladins or any game in beta from hirez with valorant a game coming from one of the most successful video game company, that is developing what, 2games? they must be way more working on that game and have way more money to develop it properly

• @TangAce

"paladins isn't the only game having issues since covid19, far from it, that had to happen"
    What other games? Are you sure it is player count related? How do you know? Hires hasn't posted anything about it. They're talking about ping spikes in England and server backups. Nothing about player count and server load. Which is a strange problem to have when AWS and other hosting providers can scale your server needs dynamically, on the fly. Who has server capacity issues in 2020? Do you think they have servers in their basement and need to go out and buy a couple more?

But you are right. There has been an increase in players march and april. New players new revenues. But they're not staying. Last 30 days have seen a sharp decline.

"game in beta" You don't get to hide behind that label when you have monetised your game for over 3 years.
    But ok. It's beta. How about some minimum of communication. Nope. They're not even acknowledging the problem.
    If they did, it would make it easier to wait for a fix. But they don't. They talk about lag spikes and how they fixed it. Which I'm sure they did. But that wasn't the problem. The problem persists.

"then gtfo and go play OW or whatever" Yes. That is what people will do. Not because you told them to, but because the game is unplayable. Until the game has to few players to be financially viable for hires and it shuts down. Which means you want have a place to fanboy anymore. Do you want this? I don't.

• @TangAce
    @YouSmellNice

TangAce says almost nothing i can agree with but this post is spot on. If the game sucks so bad just go play something else.

• Either its got you hooked so badly that you cant leave it even when its running like trash

• Or you just like to cry and blame all the lost games on bad lag

Either way its not a job and you do not have to show up to play. I would like some of the things fixed and i agree that there are some issues, however crying post about Hi Rez not giving a shit is not going to help any one.

Then there is the fact that i play the game with no issues. How can it be laggy for someone in my match and not for me if its Hi Rez servers issue as we are both in the same match on the same server?

• @Shadowpuppy said in To our Champions, Regarding Servers:

I agree, just go play something else. It's not like you've invested time and money on this game. Or used time on being part of the community by writing guides or making videos. It's not a job buddy.
    And it is free to play, so if you bought all the battle passes and skins because you liked the game and want it to financial succeed, that's on you buddy. Just go play something else.

• I put up with Paladins because its flat out the one of the most fun FPS games i have ever played.

• PC

@Shadowpuppy said in To our Champions, Regarding Servers:

@TangAce
    @YouSmellNice

TangAce says almost nothing i can agree with but this post is spot on. If the game sucks so bad just go play something else.

I mean since this whole thing I've personally picked up TF2 again, but I definitely still play Paladins when it isn't nearly unplayable. Of course I complain when it is nearly unplayable, but I'm not going to act like my life is on the line over some server issues. Nonetheless, doesn't mean it's not an infuriating issue that should be resolved.

• I direct hit an enemy 5 times with Drogoz and none of my rockets did damage ❤ ❤ ❤

• eu full of lag teleport and miss shots alot unplayble

• Just played a game in NA today and the gameplay was god awful. This was on the switch version, and it wasn't my internet or account. The servers are STILL this bad. Hi-Rez should've NEVER changed the servers. They're still so bad that some matches can't be played because of the constant issues with aerial characters and the sudden gravity issue that keeps ruining the gameplay, along with delayed hit detection, where some hits are NEVER registered when they have directly hit an enemy. I'm not playing on these servers until they're ACTUALLY fixed. For God's sake, put a long-as-hell maintenance for the bugs and servers and I'll be happy. You don't exactly have a time limit, just take your time and fix this, please.

• @CaptainRyuji Vex30 recommends to play on the Latin server if you are in the US, he says it's actually in Florida so ping is no problem.

• @Romanova said in To our Champions, Regarding Servers:

We will be transitioning away from the cloud servers within the next few hours.

Excuse me, it's been about 230 hours, and NA servers are still lagging. Could you un-"upgrade" the servers, please? Un-"optimize" EU and SEA servers too, while you're at it. I hope I'm not distracting you from doing absolutely nothing about it.

• I play on a wired PlayStation 4 in North America East Coast with no issues. I don't speak for everyone but myself.