Ranked how to fix

• First off, I love this game!!

However ranked has left me with a sour taste in my mouth, due to everyone (at least on my team) wanting to play DPS. The most successful matches I've been beaten and played on seem to have two tanks healer etc or two healers one tank etc. With this in mind before you go into a ranked game you should pick which class you want to play and allocate teams accordingly!!!
    I'm tired of my team constantly picking DPS and being trash with them and not being able to cap point because they keep death trading. I am getting the most kills with a healer or a tank. SMH. I don't know what the matchmaking system is but it is desperately missing the mark atm. It makes it really discouraging wanting to play the game and ranked solo. I can understand for QP to have whatever character you want but for ranked I don't think this should be the case!
    Or the gamer needs to provide a system for LFG to be able to coordinate with a team!

• I lose this 2 healer crap meta almost every time. Often it's Ying and Seris or similar combination. Both dead all the time, or trying to do some damage. I'd prefer 3 dps all time over 2 dps and 2 support.

• @1camulos1 I dont want roll que, that just sucks as drafting is part of the game.. Team takes Inara Term you may need to flex double. damage to deal with that.

An in game LFG would be fantastic

• You literally have no other choice but to join or make a party with trusty friends if you wan't to avoid this sort of bs

• @M3RC3N4RI0 said in Ranked how to fix:

I lose this 2 healer crap meta almost every time. Often it's Ying and Seris or similar combination. Both dead all the time, or trying to do some damage. I'd prefer 3 dps all time over 2 dps and 2 support.

That's because a lot of support players are trash, same with dps and tanks. People pick up support thinking that it's easy. It really isn't. You have to have game sense, positioning, and the ability to fight off or avoid flanks. That's before you factor in the aim based supports like Life Exchange Ying, Mal'Damba, Pip, Spirit's Domain Grohk, and Io.

• @HeartQueen My problem is this. I take tank as no one else does and all of the dps characters on my team are TRASH!!!!
    I'm literally as the tank or healer getting more kills then my dps team and I feel like something is wrong here.

• @Shadowpuppy but what if my team are REALLY bad. Like I said in my original post I'm getting more kills as a healer or a tank then my fellow dps players. If I do the team a 'favor' and take the support option why am I being taken down in my rank so badly? I feel like if you as an individual do well you should climb up higher in rank accordingly!

• @1camulos1 said in Ranked how to fix:

@HeartQueen My problem is this. I take tank as no one else does and all of the dps characters on my team are TRASH!!!!
    I'm literally as the tank or healer getting more kills then my dps team and I feel like something is wrong here.

It depends on how you're tanking. I had an Atlas on my team who was a trash tank. He literally only flanked right in order to reset everyone in that right lane, then went to stack point while those enemies came back and killed me, then flanked the healer. Meanwhile he kept spamming "attack!" Like sir, just stick with your dps and this game could be easy, yet he wanted to stack point with Barik. What I'm saying is, some off tanks will actually leave their dps and wonder why their dps aren't doing anything. Yet because it's harder to determine if a tank sucks, they go on and blame the dps.

Though sometimes dps players do suck. Like a Koga who couldn't kill a Talus and I was pocketing him with Goddess Blessing Io. "You didn't ban Talus who is OP!" Sir, you can literally avoid the burst of overcharge with shadow step. You outdamage Talus normally (1,333 smg dps vs Talus's 1,110) , and have more sustain than Talus, especially with a 15% dr Io pocket. The problem isn't Talus, but your skill. Yet you can't explain that to some people.

Sometimes the healer is at fault. Like I went 13-11 as Tyra and I could've had less deaths, but the Furia was braindead. She would literally position to where a Strix would one tap her instead of going behind cover. I literally had to plug in my mic and say, "Furia, you keep getting your head sniped clean the fuck off, whereas I would only die after you and Inara die. Maybe you should position next to me because I'm not getting sniped by Strix." Furia was 2-15 that game by the way... Most of her deaths came from Strix when she could've easily have avoided him.

• @1camulos1 said in Ranked how to fix:

but what if my team are REALLY bad. Like I said in my original post I'm getting more kills as a healer or a tank then my fellow dps players. If I do the team a 'favor' and take the support option why am I being taken down in my rank so badly?

From my experience. If you are first to pick, then the best option is to pick flank/damage. The chance is good you can farm the lower rank opponents. The support can't carry if the team has no dps, but the dps can carry if the support is bad.