June Rage Thread

• Someone please tell me why Corvus is supposed to be a good champion? I've been playing him lately after a longish break and I don't understand in what state of mind I was to say that he landed in the middle of the roster. He's weak af lmao. There's a possibility I was high, drunk, or both.

Like, people really try to convice me he is good and Seris is trash? lel

• @TTraw Use double mark and heal only people you have a mark on. 4 second cool down is just to high. If you dont play for the 3 second cool down he blows pretty hard.

But his heal mechanic is funky since the big heal comes after you click them so you have to heal a second before you normally would. This is the main reason i dont like him. Its to hard to time caut drop heals.

• PC

@TTraw

Corvus can pocket heal allies out of normal heal range and with the mark staying on as long as you want that is a huge advantage especially with flankers.

Corvus can heal for sure ... check out this ranked match by a high level player (level 999): https://paladins.guru/match/censored/xvHoqWznl

Corvus did a very respectable 11,900 heals per minute - above average IMO. Obviously heals didn't give them the win though.

• PC

@TTraw said in June Rage Thread:

Someone please tell me why Corvus is supposed to be a good champion?

He's not necessarily good, granted, but he's better than you seem to think he is.

Double Mark builds can put out pretty solid healing, I've gotten as high as 9k-9.5k or so per minute rather consistently and I'm not really all that great with him. These builds are actually really good with a comp that has one (yes, specifically ONE) flanker, as you can keep a mark on the flank and change who the other is on to consistently keep the flanker up so they can do flank things without dying half the time. But you still can heal two other people quite consistently at the same time.

However this does generally come at the cost of not really utilizing his damage output because his healing requires a LOT of micromanagement to use with such efficacy, very much subtracting the time you get to do actual damage, or even use his ult, though his ult is rather weak for supports anyways, at the moment (thought I heard they were going to buff it in an AoC video or something, though). This makes him actually significantly better when there's a second support on his team as well, as he can also utilize his rather high damage close range damage output (for a support) more.

Also, Corvus combos REALLY well with certain characters, Koga/Talus/Vivian especially.

• PC

DO NOT RUN SHIELD KOA OFF WHEN YOU HAVE A BARIK POINT. ~ This has been a Public Service Announcement.

Also, if you avoid your healer it's not the healer's fault when you die.

(Seriously, is this forum this dead that I have to resort to this to not triple post in this thread?)

I love having throwers in every one of my games... Even if I won the last one, still had a BK VHS spamming when I had him marked almost the entire game... All the other matches, I reported at least 2 of my teammates for blatantly throwing. Like that Ruckus KotH game? We barely had 100 points... Viktor game had a Reso Ying running Wrecker against literally no shields, Term game was on Brightmarsh but we had to have a Nessa anyways along with the most toxic Evie I've ever seen and a new Damba... Frankly the Corvus game was MUCH closer than it should have been. Between the BK and the Skye, they had 23 f---ing deaths... And I was marking them almost the entire game.

Fing Wow.jpg

It's fun when half of your teammates over the course of 6 games are throwing... Even when you by some feat of magic actually WIN one with throwing teammates.

I had the most toxic Kinessa known to man last game whining about healing when I was pretty much healing every single time my heal was up (and she CONSTANTLY ignored flanks, and placed a grand total of 0 mines). Also a Lv0, horrible Talus that claimed not to pick him... Yeah, so my eyes deceived me then. Also a VGS spamming Atlas solo running f***ing Unstable Fissure with the most ridiculously bad card loadout I've ever seen. All on the same f---ing team. That is the sixth time today throwing teammates have caused me to lose, and a game that tells me I'd never want to be a support main because they have to deal with this nonsense.

• How much IQ does one need to use Koga's ult talent against team of 5 squishies?

I usually don't bother when peope pick off meta talents, but this... this literally made Koga a worse champion in that scenario than his base kit. I am speechless.

• Hey!
    I haven't play Paladins for a month, coz my gamer computer was in service. I returned and play this evening. My experiances was:
    -balance was good
    -servers worked fine
    -mm also
    -toxic players harassed me on every matches... 😡

• PC

These are the kinds of teams I get when I say half my team is throwing if any of you are wondering. 1/19/7 Strix, 9/20/8 Zhin, and Io was AFK for the entirety of the first cap but to their credit didn't do TOO bad afterwards... Though 83k heals is kind of yikes considering this was a fairly long game (16 minutes or so)... This game ended up almost being a win with me and the Tiberius carrying the rest of the team, but we couldn't really win when Andro was getting this fed.

You see a problem here.jpg

But nothing beats lying objective ignoring heal-spamming DPS players... Ranked is a f***ing joke. I get worse teammates there than in casuals... And it's even worse because they're toxic liars with massive egos. Like, I had a Moji in my last match that was avoiding heals, spamming VHS almost the entire game, and then lies about totally ignoring a payload push just to chase a Zhin that was clearly baiting them away from the push. I mean it got so bad the healer screamed bloody murder telling them to stop, and frankly I don't blame him.

• Today I learned that sequence of Fire LMB -> Fire RMB -> Stance Switch will prevent Imani from activating clearcast even if her Mana is at 100% for the rest of the match. 👏 👏 👏 👏

• I LOGGED A SUPPORT TICKET BACK IN LIKE FUCKING MARCH AND I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING FROM HI-REZ OR EVIL MOJO SINCE. Got 2 replies and a resolution from Epic games though for the same issue. IT LOOKS LIKE ALL THE STAFF IS DEDICATED TO COSMETICS WHICH MEANS THE GAME'S DEAD AND THERE'S NO REASON TO PLAY DRESS UP ANYMORE. THE GAME IS SEEING HOW MUCH MONEY YOU'LL SPEND FOR THE SAME THINGS. YOU LOSE PLAYERS.

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• PC

You know, getting feeders and throwers game after game gets annoying after a while.

And no I don't care if it's casuals. That's not an excuse to int, Strix from last game and Nessa from a few games before that both games doing zero damage, with a death count way higher than it had any right to be in either case. Wanting to win doesn't mean I somehow think it's a ranked match FFS. Also this is kind of hypocritical considering this exact same player complained about a Vik doing their job instead of babysitting the poor feeding sniper. All except for one of the last 10-15 games I've had to deal with $#!+ like that from at least one person. F*** me, toxicity being this game's biggest problem is so f***ing obvious at this point.

• @Dusklicious said in June Rage Thread:

You know, getting feeders and throwers game after game gets annoying after a while.

And no I don't care if it's casuals. That's not an excuse to int, Strix from last game and Nessa from a few games before that both games doing zero damage, with a death count way higher than it had any right to be in either case. Wanting to win doesn't mean I somehow think it's a ranked match FFS. Also this is kind of hypocritical considering this exact same player complained about a Vik doing their job instead of babysitting the poor feeding sniper. All except for one of the last 10-15 games I've had to deal with $#!+ like that from at least one person. F*** me, toxicity being this game's biggest problem is so f***ing obvious at this point.

This is what happens when the community on Reddit justifies their shitty choices. People are bad because Reddit reinforces this bad behavior. "So I was a last pick Skye as a Gold player in a lobby where Techno was 4th pick and Uberspaydy was at the top. I saw that we already had a frontline (Raum), so I decided to play a champion I like that was free, which was Skye. They asked if I was at least going to play heal Skye which I said 'no, I'm going debilitate flank Skye.' People at the top got really mad at me during the game, and raged after chat when I went 5-24. Was I wrong to not listen to their advice, which was to pick a point tank and not Skye? And when I picked Skye, should I have gone heal?"

Reddit: No. People at the top are extremely toxic. If they wanted a good composition with double support and one tank, or double tank, then they should have picked a tank themselves."

Another Reddit user: Not to sound toxic, but last pick should have went tank and listened. If Techno is 4th and Uberspaydy is at the top, this is a high elo lobby. Shouldn't they have at least tried to listen to the advice of their lobby instead of selfishly picking Skye and then sheepishly leaving the lobby when they fed?

Reddit: People like you make the game toxic. Who wants to win a ranked game all the time? Who is really getting mad at that last pick Skye going 2-11 and causing them to lose the game??

If you hadn't noticed, I'm not a fan of Reddit at all. I appreciate that it's a large online community for Paladins. Reddit does have PaladinsAcademy which is good. At the same time r/PaladinsAcademy has 6.1k members compared to r/Paladins which has 132k member. And r/Paladins is the one that tells people it's okay to suck and not want to improve. That it's okay to feed because you want to be a dps as last pick in a ranked game. That it's okay to throw games and not feel remorse.

• PC

@HeartQueen said in June Rage Thread:

If you hadn't noticed, I'm not a fan of Reddit at all.

Yeah, I'm not either... 😒 r/Paladins is INSANELY toxic and elitist from my experiences, and yes, VERY much encourages this kind of behavior while ALSO encouraging people to harass others for not being Diamond+ and having an opinion that's in any way different than theirs. I can think of a few users on here I won't name with the same, stupid mindset this subreddit seems to foster. And ironically one of them CLAIMS to hate Reddit.

• PC

@Dusklicious Even most of their memes are stupid

• PC

@NoMemeNoLife said in June Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious Even most of their memes are stupid

Hey, the TF2 meme subreddit came up with this genius piece of art:

alt text

I'm going to give Reddit that. But yeah, Reddit memes are usually pretty dumb too... It also of course doesn't necessarily help that TF2's community is significantly better than Paladins' is. They really don't know how good they have it even with the current problem it has with bots.

• @Dusklicious said in June Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen said in June Rage Thread:

If you hadn't noticed, I'm not a fan of Reddit at all.

Yeah, I'm not either... 😒 r/Paladins is INSANELY toxic and elitist from my experiences, and yes, VERY much encourages this kind of behavior while ALSO encouraging people to harass others for not being Diamond+ and having an opinion that's in any way different than theirs. I can think of a few users on here I won't name with the same, stupid mindset this subreddit seems to foster. And ironically one of them CLAIMS to hate Reddit.

Generally, it's the veteran players that are grandmasters who have that elitist mindset. They've been playing the game for a while and saw their high ranked friends leave the game for other games, and they don't think any of the newer players are good. I have a different mentality. I see diamonds in the rough, they only see the rough. I actually found a guy that was hardstuck in Gold II for the longest. He was actually a really good player, he just made bad drafting decisions. I taught him how to draft and the compositions to build, and now he's in diamond III. There is a famous console kid who destroyed a grandmaster PS4 Androxus with Cassie (he's on the Switch). He was a new player and he got in Platinum when he first did ranked. I don't know his rank now, but that kid can keep up with grandmasters as a new player, and there are plenty of new players like that. Veterans just don't want to polish up diamonds.

Though the worst are the people that encourage people not to improve. If you jump into ranked, you have the mindset to try hard and do as much as possible to improve. If not for yourself, you owe that to the 4 innocent people on your team who want to rank up. I really don't like when people defend crap like solo support Resonance Ying with an Inara on your team, or any Skye that isn't Smoke and Dagger.

• PC

Lv10 Kinessa "the best kinessa NA" with a LIAN first pick.

Yeah no, 9 times out of 10, they are throwers in party. Queue partner was right to dodge that.

Heck I'm still losing even queuing with someone in ranked, how bad is the throwing this split... FFS...

AoC's priorities-
    Streamer avatars- top priority
    Io nerfs- Who cares?
    Jay did a good job this time, it was I think Couch that disappointed me this time the most... Just have to hope EM realizes how broken she is and does something.

• PC

Lesson Learned: Koa v Vivian is a TERRIBLE matchup.

• PC

Ha ha stupid memes go brrrrrrrr

20200701_132733.png

I think I'll quit this subreddit