June Rage Thread

• I LOGGED A SUPPORT TICKET BACK IN LIKE FUCKING MARCH AND I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING FROM HI-REZ OR EVIL MOJO SINCE. Got 2 replies and a resolution from Epic games though for the same issue. IT LOOKS LIKE ALL THE STAFF IS DEDICATED TO COSMETICS WHICH MEANS THE GAME'S DEAD AND THERE'S NO REASON TO PLAY DRESS UP ANYMORE. THE GAME IS SEEING HOW MUCH MONEY YOU'LL SPEND FOR THE SAME THINGS. YOU LOSE PLAYERS.

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• PC

You know, getting feeders and throwers game after game gets annoying after a while.

And no I don't care if it's casuals. That's not an excuse to int, Strix from last game and Nessa from a few games before that both games doing zero damage, with a death count way higher than it had any right to be in either case. Wanting to win doesn't mean I somehow think it's a ranked match FFS. Also this is kind of hypocritical considering this exact same player complained about a Vik doing their job instead of babysitting the poor feeding sniper. All except for one of the last 10-15 games I've had to deal with $#!+ like that from at least one person. F*** me, toxicity being this game's biggest problem is so f***ing obvious at this point.

• @Dusklicious said in June Rage Thread:

You know, getting feeders and throwers game after game gets annoying after a while.

And no I don't care if it's casuals. That's not an excuse to int, Strix from last game and Nessa from a few games before that both games doing zero damage, with a death count way higher than it had any right to be in either case. Wanting to win doesn't mean I somehow think it's a ranked match FFS. Also this is kind of hypocritical considering this exact same player complained about a Vik doing their job instead of babysitting the poor feeding sniper. All except for one of the last 10-15 games I've had to deal with $#!+ like that from at least one person. F*** me, toxicity being this game's biggest problem is so f***ing obvious at this point.

This is what happens when the community on Reddit justifies their shitty choices. People are bad because Reddit reinforces this bad behavior. "So I was a last pick Skye as a Gold player in a lobby where Techno was 4th pick and Uberspaydy was at the top. I saw that we already had a frontline (Raum), so I decided to play a champion I like that was free, which was Skye. They asked if I was at least going to play heal Skye which I said 'no, I'm going debilitate flank Skye.' People at the top got really mad at me during the game, and raged after chat when I went 5-24. Was I wrong to not listen to their advice, which was to pick a point tank and not Skye? And when I picked Skye, should I have gone heal?"

Reddit: No. People at the top are extremely toxic. If they wanted a good composition with double support and one tank, or double tank, then they should have picked a tank themselves."

Another Reddit user: Not to sound toxic, but last pick should have went tank and listened. If Techno is 4th and Uberspaydy is at the top, this is a high elo lobby. Shouldn't they have at least tried to listen to the advice of their lobby instead of selfishly picking Skye and then sheepishly leaving the lobby when they fed?

Reddit: People like you make the game toxic. Who wants to win a ranked game all the time? Who is really getting mad at that last pick Skye going 2-11 and causing them to lose the game??

If you hadn't noticed, I'm not a fan of Reddit at all. I appreciate that it's a large online community for Paladins. Reddit does have PaladinsAcademy which is good. At the same time r/PaladinsAcademy has 6.1k members compared to r/Paladins which has 132k member. And r/Paladins is the one that tells people it's okay to suck and not want to improve. That it's okay to feed because you want to be a dps as last pick in a ranked game. That it's okay to throw games and not feel remorse.

• PC

@HeartQueen said in June Rage Thread:

If you hadn't noticed, I'm not a fan of Reddit at all.

Yeah, I'm not either... 😒 r/Paladins is INSANELY toxic and elitist from my experiences, and yes, VERY much encourages this kind of behavior while ALSO encouraging people to harass others for not being Diamond+ and having an opinion that's in any way different than theirs. I can think of a few users on here I won't name with the same, stupid mindset this subreddit seems to foster. And ironically one of them CLAIMS to hate Reddit.

• PC

@Dusklicious Even most of their memes are stupid

• PC

@NoMemeNoLife said in June Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious Even most of their memes are stupid

Hey, the TF2 meme subreddit came up with this genius piece of art:

alt text

I'm going to give Reddit that. But yeah, Reddit memes are usually pretty dumb too... It also of course doesn't necessarily help that TF2's community is significantly better than Paladins' is. They really don't know how good they have it even with the current problem it has with bots.

• @Dusklicious said in June Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen said in June Rage Thread:

If you hadn't noticed, I'm not a fan of Reddit at all.

Yeah, I'm not either... 😒 r/Paladins is INSANELY toxic and elitist from my experiences, and yes, VERY much encourages this kind of behavior while ALSO encouraging people to harass others for not being Diamond+ and having an opinion that's in any way different than theirs. I can think of a few users on here I won't name with the same, stupid mindset this subreddit seems to foster. And ironically one of them CLAIMS to hate Reddit.

Generally, it's the veteran players that are grandmasters who have that elitist mindset. They've been playing the game for a while and saw their high ranked friends leave the game for other games, and they don't think any of the newer players are good. I have a different mentality. I see diamonds in the rough, they only see the rough. I actually found a guy that was hardstuck in Gold II for the longest. He was actually a really good player, he just made bad drafting decisions. I taught him how to draft and the compositions to build, and now he's in diamond III. There is a famous console kid who destroyed a grandmaster PS4 Androxus with Cassie (he's on the Switch). He was a new player and he got in Platinum when he first did ranked. I don't know his rank now, but that kid can keep up with grandmasters as a new player, and there are plenty of new players like that. Veterans just don't want to polish up diamonds.

Though the worst are the people that encourage people not to improve. If you jump into ranked, you have the mindset to try hard and do as much as possible to improve. If not for yourself, you owe that to the 4 innocent people on your team who want to rank up. I really don't like when people defend crap like solo support Resonance Ying with an Inara on your team, or any Skye that isn't Smoke and Dagger.

• PC

Lv10 Kinessa "the best kinessa NA" with a LIAN first pick.

Yeah no, 9 times out of 10, they are throwers in party. Queue partner was right to dodge that.

Heck I'm still losing even queuing with someone in ranked, how bad is the throwing this split... FFS...

AoC's priorities-
    Streamer avatars- top priority
    Io nerfs- Who cares?
    Jay did a good job this time, it was I think Couch that disappointed me this time the most... Just have to hope EM realizes how broken she is and does something.

• PC

Lesson Learned: Koa v Vivian is a TERRIBLE matchup.

• PC

Ha ha stupid memes go brrrrrrrr

20200701_132733.png

I think I'll quit this subreddit

• patch update show delayed reeee

• @TTraw When will it start and where is the link?

• @KicsitCsicska

https://twitter.com/PaladinsGame/status/1278356919418335236

there are patch notes open tho imma read them right away

• PC

Next patch Moji is going to be DISGUSTING. Not only does she still have her mark damage, but she now has actual poke...

• @Dusklicious She has 10 u less range and nerfed her sustain by crapton. I think she will be garbo rn tbh.

• PC

@TTraw said in June Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious She has 10 u less range and nerfed her sustain by crapton. I think she will be garbo rn tbh.

I didn't see really huge sustain nerfs, I saw a little nerf to her sustain that could affect her (though I don't think all that much considering Talus and Buck got the same treatment). But to me what bothers me is that she now has consistency at range with LMB on top of her marks still doing the same damage. Range nerf seems like it's probably not going to be much of an issue, i mean if it were 5 or 10 units more it would probably be a pretty big issue though.