June Rage Thread

• PC

@Dusklicious said in June Rage Thread:

Sword/Shield is definitely a new low.

Good that I didn't buy it then. Anyway have you bought the game? if so tell me does it really worth a 60$?

• PC

@NoMemeNoLife said in June Rage Thread:

Sword/Shield is definitely a new low.

Good that I didn't buy it then. Anyway have you bought the game? if so tell me does it really worth a 60$?

I haven't but I can already say it isn't considering it lacks content that every other game in the series came with, and they then expect you to pay for DLC to get only SOME of it... Just the practice alone makes me upset. I'm definitely not buying it if I get a Switch.

I would say also what's worse is that I remember Diamond being $40 when I bought it a month or two after it released back in 2006, but of course inflation is a thing and it sucks. Still doesn't excuse greed and an incomplete game.

• @NoMemeNoLife That meme is so funny and true!

This 1v5 game means that it was obviously my fault at well. Totally not the fault of bad match-making and shitty teammates who can't draft.

Screenshot (383).png

I won't be delusional. I'm not a godtier Viktor at all. I don't even main dps. But when I'm better than the proposed dps mains on my team as a support main, then you see the problem? Androxus was not afk at first by the way, he was just bad and then rage quit. Buck was always a bot. Ying went Resonance as a solo support. Fernando went Scorch as a solo tank (though to be fair to him somewhat, he DID announce that he was off tank, so the last pick Buck does share some of the blame, but still...)

Screenshot (385).png

I was Viktor again here. Me and Imani had to kill Skye, Tyra, and the tanks on point. Talus was too busy chasing and failing to kill a Seris, while Skye kept murdering our Io with shit positioning. A 2.5v5 game (Barik counts as half a person). "The damage just shoot at tanks, of course your damage was high!" Umm... Imani was killing Tyra and Khan, I was killing Seris and Skye. Me and Imani were also killing Raum. You're the one that didn't do your job, so the tanks had more point control because we had to spend time cleaning up Skye and Tyra because you weren't doing anything! You also fucked us by last picking Talus instead of another support or tank. Like imagine if you had been Ash. Imagine if you had been Corvus, damage Ying, or Jenos.

Shout out to the bad support with bad positioning. 45k heals in a 14 minute game compared to Seris's 127k heals. People, I know Io is meta, but if you can't play them, please leave them alone. It's okay to play Furia or Jenos when you can't aim for shit, or play Corvus and Jenos so your able to be more forgiving in your bad positioning.

• @HeartQueen said in June Rage Thread:

(Barik counts as half a person)

He is very short, but stilll... 😄

• PC

@HeartQueen said in June Rage Thread:

Screenshot (385).png

Triple DPS in ranked is pretty awful, just saying.

But yeah stats definitely make the Io look like absolute trash, as in I thought I was bad at Io, but this makes me look like a skilled Io main bad. Also the Barik is still in Season 2... Tinkerin is his worst talent by a long ways and Healing Station kind of sucks since Field Deploy is just straight-up better in pretty much every situation... Double Time is a good card, but to be fair against Khan it's a stupid idea.

• @Dusklicious said in June Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen said in June Rage Thread:

Screenshot (385).png

Triple DPS in ranked is pretty awful, just saying.

But yeah stats definitely make the Io look like absolute trash, as in I thought I was bad at Io, but this makes me look like a skilled Io main bad. Also the Barik is still in Season 2... Tinkerin is his worst talent by a long ways and Healing Station kind of sucks since Field Deploy is just straight-up better in pretty much every situation... Double Time is a good card, but to be fair against Khan it's a stupid idea.

Talus last picked Talus. We wanted him to either go Ash or Corvus. Instead he went Talus and barely did anything. Barik didn't have a good loadout, but he still did the best he could with a bad loadout while contesting as a solo tank against double tank; take in mind his healer kept dying so he had to sustain himself.

• @KicsitCsicska Referencing how he did okay, but could've been better with a better loadout and playing a bit safer.

• PC

Wow how does somebody get to GM without understanding the literal basics of how to play the game... Just had a GM border who played like they're new to the game... 😒 They were playing a support but I was pretty much giving them or somebody free kills...

And they didn't even get good healing whatsoever...

• @Dusklicious Being in a rank does not mean your good at all classes or even all champs. Probably a 1 trick.

• Someone make me an Imani guide, cuz lately I've been sucking ass with her so much. 👿 👿

The fact that her kit doesn't work as intended 30% of the time doesn't help but still, I feel like I am almost always underperforming in my matches lately unless it's a stomp match....👿

• PC

Not Paladins related, but the Pokemon community is getting really, really toxic. I mean calling people names for pointing out flaws that no other game aside from the most recent mainline games have at launch is petty, and then going as far as to actively defend money-grubbing practices that nobody else can get away with but Game Freak can, because... Pokemon...? That just really, really disappoints and kind of angers me. Game Freak is doing EA level stuff here.

I like the series and all, but Sword/Shield is definitely a new low. X and Y (and the rest of Gen 6 even considering ORAS) kind of sucked, but Gen 8 is actually awful at this point. If they would make a proper Diamond/Pearl remake it may yet be saved, but that doesn't mean I should have to support scummy practices to be a fan of the series like some Gen 8 fans seem to think.

good old first 4 gens, loved those gens.

• @Dusklicious said in June Rage Thread:

Wow how does somebody get to GM without understanding the literal basics of how to play the game... Just had a GM border who played like they're new to the game... 😒 They were playing a support but I was pretty much giving them or somebody free kills...

And they didn't even get good healing whatsoever...

I know a GM who got carried by her boyfriend. I know another GM who got carried by his girlfriend. The GM that got carried by her boyfriend only pockets him and can't heal shit. People talk shit about her on Discord like "if you get [boosted girl] on your team, gl as a tank. She only pockets him and can't heal for shit otherwise. I was Inara and only got healed by her twice." I partied with the GM, who got carried by his girlfriend, in a 5-stack to rank up from high Gold to diamond. The man fed on Viktor against Tyra. ... The map was Bazaar.

• PS_Messages_20200619_134715_2_resized.jpg

The actual match was 23 minutes. I healed for 8.3k per minute. Yet Androxus literally kept going off on me. "Need healing!" "Where's the pocket you promised me Corvus?" "You're bad Corvus." I just laughed when the stats came up. "I thought I wasn't healing, Androxus."

Alexa, play "Send in the Clowns" by Barbra Streisand.

Seriously though, I don't get why I was blamed. Take in mind no one ever went in on Io or called her trash outright, even though she personally could've done more healing. Especially since she got outhealed by a maelstrom Grohk as Io.

• I'm seeing an increase of Tremors Inara players. Rank is a joke. Casual is the new rank tbh.

Casual comps: Terminus, Vivian, Strix, Maeve, and Io. Inara, Ying, support Skye, Lian, and Corvus. Raum, half shell Makoa, heal Skye, Corvus, and Viktor. Ying, Ash, Barik, Grover, and Evie. Barik, Khan, Mal'Damba, Lian, and Kinessa. And more examples.

Ranked comps: solo tank tremors Inara, solo support Jenos, last pick Maeve, Lian, and Tyra. Solo tank Ash, feeding Tyra/last pick Evie, Seris, and Tiberius. Level 0 Koga, tremors Inara, Jenos, maelstrom Grohk, and Lian. Solo tank Khan, triple dps, and Jenos. 4 dps and a solo tank Khan (I was the solo tank Khan) and we were against an afk Strix, Bomb King, Skye, Io, and solo tank Ruckus.

The point is, people come into rank wanting a proper team comp. lol. If you want a proper team comp, go to casuals. They have better comps there than in rank. The last pick
    "dps or I throw" noobs just haven't caught on yet.

• PC

I like when I pick one character but the game pretends I locked in another... 😒

Khan =/= Torvald...

• PC

I get forced to play OT Terminus with no help on the flank, and then I crash and it won't put me back in the match I was in... Nice combination of things there.

Then I get two ranked games in a row where literally everyone but me and one other person are throwing INSANELY hard.

• Someone please tell me why Corvus is supposed to be a good champion? I've been playing him lately after a longish break and I don't understand in what state of mind I was to say that he landed in the middle of the roster. He's weak af lmao. There's a possibility I was high, drunk, or both.

Like, people really try to convice me he is good and Seris is trash? lel

• @TTraw Use double mark and heal only people you have a mark on. 4 second cool down is just to high. If you dont play for the 3 second cool down he blows pretty hard.

But his heal mechanic is funky since the big heal comes after you click them so you have to heal a second before you normally would. This is the main reason i dont like him. Its to hard to time caut drop heals.

• PC

@TTraw

Corvus can pocket heal allies out of normal heal range and with the mark staying on as long as you want that is a huge advantage especially with flankers.

Corvus can heal for sure ... check out this ranked match by a high level player (level 999): https://paladins.guru/match/censored/xvHoqWznl

Corvus did a very respectable 11,900 heals per minute - above average IMO. Obviously heals didn't give them the win though.

• PC

@TTraw said in June Rage Thread:

Someone please tell me why Corvus is supposed to be a good champion?

He's not necessarily good, granted, but he's better than you seem to think he is.

Double Mark builds can put out pretty solid healing, I've gotten as high as 9k-9.5k or so per minute rather consistently and I'm not really all that great with him. These builds are actually really good with a comp that has one (yes, specifically ONE) flanker, as you can keep a mark on the flank and change who the other is on to consistently keep the flanker up so they can do flank things without dying half the time. But you still can heal two other people quite consistently at the same time.

However this does generally come at the cost of not really utilizing his damage output because his healing requires a LOT of micromanagement to use with such efficacy, very much subtracting the time you get to do actual damage, or even use his ult, though his ult is rather weak for supports anyways, at the moment (thought I heard they were going to buff it in an AoC video or something, though). This makes him actually significantly better when there's a second support on his team as well, as he can also utilize his rather high damage close range damage output (for a support) more.

Also, Corvus combos REALLY well with certain characters, Koga/Talus/Vivian especially.