Inspiration that Paladins can take from Smite

1. Item Shop
    • Sell back: Smite can sell back items that you bought no matter what point in the game. Though to get it for the full price back, you have to sell it back within a certain time frame. Maybe Paladins doesn't need to have the permanent effect of selling back an item, but I think they should have it so you can sell back the item within 15 seconds of buying it. That way if you accidentally bought wrecker instead of cauterize, it would allow you to sell that wrecker back and correct your mistake.

• Expand the item shop and increase the slots: In Smite, you can buy up to 6 different items and there are probably close to 100, if not more than 100 items in the shop. Now, doing exactly like Smite in this respect is overkill. Smite has a bunch of items to choose from, and Paladins doesn't need all of that. Though adding a few more items and allowing you to buy 5 items isn't a bad idea. @KicsitCsicska talked about it in this thread: https://forums.hirezstudios.com/paladins/topic/1747/item-system-balance-and-expansion

1. Scoreboard

"They just need to copy the Smite scoreboard at the end.

• credits earned
    • credits per minute
    • player damage
    • damage taken
    • damage mitigated (counts shields, power siphon, stasis field, and dr)
    • object damage (damage to shields, deployables, etc)
    • player healing

This will show Atlas players how much impact they actually had. Bonus for Io players because it'll show the amount of damage they mitigated with Goddess Blessing. Yeah the enemy Io is cute when they outheal you with Life Link, but did they mitigate as much damage as you did?"

Skins: https://kcode.de/smite/god-skins.html

• popularity: similar to Paladins, Smite has their favorite champions to give skins to. Neith has 21 skins in total, of which 17 are unique and special, the most out of everyone in the game. Neith is followed by Ymir and Nu Wa. In general, Mages and Assassins get a lot more skins compared to other classes. Yet, most champions don't seem to be hurting for skins. Aside from the gods added in 2019, most Smite gods have at least 5 unique skins. I wish Paladins would follow suit. I don't think most people would care that Maeve has the most skins. I mean, the only complains I sort of heard in the Smite community was someone saying that Neith is the Maeve of the Smite community. Still, I haven't heard any complaints other than that.

-themes: Smite has different types of skins.

• Horror themes: Slaughterhouse Chaac
    • Sleepy: Pillow Fight Nike
    • sexy: most Da Ji skins, but the Succubus Da Ji is basically Demonette Maeve, if Demonette Maeve were actually sexy;
    • Candy: Sweet Justice Nemesis
    • Spring: Cute Cultivator Persephone
    • Edgy: most Hades skins
    • Sports: Xbalanque soccer skins
    • technology and game skins: Pele heatsink for technology and Hera Power-Up for gaming
    • many more themes that I don't feel like typing, but feel free to look through this list: https://kcode.de/smite/god-skins.html

Point is, Smite has many themes for their skins and no champion is hurting for skins. I wish Paladins would take that as inspiration. Plus the inspiration of the item shop and the score board.

• Thanks for the shout out! 🙂
    I like this idea about the expand scoreboard!
    I have also updated my item shop expansion react to the season 3 balance changes.
    As for skins they creat as much as they can, all of them has new voiceline too, I like how it goes 😇

• PC

@HeartQueen

I don't know anything about Smite.. I like most of the ideas here.

On top of your stats changes, I want to see self healing and healing received. Those who claim they were never healed could be proven otherwise.

Another possibly over complicated idea to implement:
    It would also be really cool if we could see stats of loadouts and items. Meaning how often each card/item processed and the total benefit it gave for the match.

• PC

The problem with skins is that smite has a more dedicated playerbase even when there were less players. They probably make more money with smite than paladins so they can afford more skins to smite.

The smite scoreboard would be sick.

I have mixed feelings with items, I'm up for the selling items part but the increase of slots... I don't think it has use unless your game takes ages to end or you just buy cheap stuff... This can be a huge change because right now you can buy items that are for the early game and this impact your choice of items in late game. That would need huge balance changes with items like master riding being everywhere even more than now.

• PC

@ShogunPukin said in Inspiration that Paladins can take from Smite:

I have mixed feelings with items, I'm up for the selling items part but the increase of slots... I don't think it has use unless your game takes ages to end or you just buy cheap stuff... This can be a huge change because right now you can buy items that are for the early game and this impact your choice of items in late game. That would need huge balance changes with items like master riding being everywhere even more than now.

I would argue that this part is something that has no place being implemented in Paladins. Paladins is an entirely different game than Smite... Smite has 100s of different items some of which do very similar things whereas Paladins isn't a MOBA so it doesn't have or need this. It has only 16 items. I can't imagine how broken it would be to have almost half the items in the game. Not to mention this would make it way too hard to come back from a game especially one where you are losing 0-3 on the last point as you'd have no time to get to the same point the other team is.

Also, I would argue "we need more skins" is an absurd thing to be saying right now. We don't need more skins... Not at all... We need them to focus on the balance and bugs first. And no we can't realistically ask for both, because both take time for them to implement. I'd rather this game if anything release skins only every couple of patches if they worked on issues like Torvald being a badly designed character, or Atlas suffering from his nerfs a bit too much, or Terminus being a bit too good. Or Khan's actual kit, because just nerfing Vortex Grip is going to make him pretty f---ing bad.

• @Vaporized said in Inspiration that Paladins can take from Smite:

@HeartQueen

I don't know anything about Smite.. I like most of the ideas here.

On top of your stats changes, I want to see self healing and healing received. Those who claim they were never healed could be proven otherwise.

Another possibly over complicated idea to implement:
    It would also be really cool if we could see stats of loadouts and items. Meaning how often each card/item processed and the total benefit it gave for the match.

Paladinsguru has the self heal stat funny enough. No idea why Hi-Rez can't implement it in game. My main thing is that it'll show the impact of the 'weirder' champions. How much damage are Terminus and Atlas mitigating? Cassie didn't do as much damage as Viktor did, but she did get wrecker, so how much structure damage did she do?

I also like the healing received idea. How much healing did that "need healing!" flank actually receive? Maybe enough to shut them up about how 'trash the healer is.' I've seen a Seris letting another teammate die just to pocket the flank spamming "need healing!" Or... It could reveal that the healer only pocketed the tanks. I've had games like that as well. In a 17 minute game, Furia only healed me twice. It made me recoil a bit because I didn't expect it either times.

@Dusklicious I think the item shop could use a few additions. Such as... You know how rejuvenate counters cauterize? What if an item could counter wrecker and bulldozer. Obviously I would want wrecker to be increased along with bulldozer, but balance it by having an item that can counter them. An item that counters haven/blast shield. An item that counters damage over time effects. An item that counters percent damage. It'll have to come later because you are right that the entire item shop would have to be revamped.

• @Dusklicious said in Inspiration that Paladins can take from Smite:

Not to mention this would make it way too hard to come back from a game especially one where you are losing 0-3 on the last point as you'd have no time to get to the same point the other team is.

Coming back chanses are based on how many CREDITS the teams have for buy items. Not about how many items exist in the item shop.

• @HeartQueen I agree with the sell back part. They should defnilitely add sell back.

• @geminimcan said in Inspiration that Paladins can take from Smite:

@HeartQueen I agree with the sell back part. They should defnilitely add sell back.

I don't think they're adding that based on JayFlare's video. Though the undo button that they are thinking about adding is good enough. Some people fat finger things, especially on console, so that would be a good feature. Like If I bought rejuvenate and planned on buying cauterize with Inara, but I instead got life rip. Or if I got master riding and wanted rejuvenate as well, but I accidentally got nimble. I think a quick undo would be enough to fix those issues.

• @HeartQueen That can also work as well. I didnt know that so lets hope they add this undo thing soon 🙂