Gold rank the hardest rank to climb in game.

• SERIOUSLY I have played for a year now and the hardest rank to get through is gold. The vast amount of dumb people or quite simply people that don't care about ranked in gold is astounding.
    Every game has like a 50/50 chance of having a feeder.
    My last 5 games are
    1.No healer
    2.AFKer all game.
    3.No healer
    4.Rage quit/chat spammer.
    5.A 0/25 feeder.
    Literally impossible to win unless I carry hard asf.
    Gold rank everyone.

• I don't know whats to "discuss" here, i suggest you pick a dps with high survivability and carry your team. E.g Zhin, cassie, lian, bk. Then ask them to pick at least one paring champion (vivian+jenos, moji+term, etc). That should give you some advantage hahaha

• It's new that gold is so hard to pass, since matchmaking is completely random lately.

• PC

your complaing gold is hard to climb try platinum climbing and lets see if you can get that path

• @ihateAllhumans cant be helped. That's a player problem

• PC

Plat in my experience is also pretty hard, but yeah I was actually stuck in Gold for 2 years (most of which I admittedly wasn't playing) before I pretty much climbed up to Diamond afterward in just one split, so I can attest to Gold being a pretty hard ELO to climb compared to Silver and Bronze which are very easy as long as you aren't a bad player. Gold/Plat is the point where you have to start finding a decent strategy for climbing instead of solo-queuing and playing anything instead of playing your better characters because that never gets you too far.

Best thing to do would be to try to find a good player in one of these games or a good player that you know (that's Plat preferably) and then just climb with them. Duo queuing is surprisingly helpful when climbing out of lower ranks especially. But I would also say that it would be a good idea to focus on a few particular characters you can play well and then try to carry with them. I did the latter to go from peaking Gold II to being Diamond IV, pretty much one-tricking Barik in ranked (admittedly when he was a little bit overpowered, unlike now where he's very strong, but not quite OP anymore).

Of course, try to follow what I say here without compromising your composition. Have at least 1 off-tank, 1 point tank, 1 support, and 1 DPS character in that "list", preferably at least two supports/DPSes. If that requires you to widen your own roster, that is something you can do. It's also usually a good idea to call out your preferred role in draft if you're lower on the pick list, though of course you should try to compromise when necessary.

• The new meta at Gold rank. Double Sniper - no tank! I was laughing so hard. 😄

Bild Text

• PC

@M3RC3N4RI0 said in Gold rank the hardest rank to climb in game.:

The new meta at Gold rank. Double Sniper - no tank! I was laughing so hard. 😄

Bild Text

Almost like the BK and the Zhin who should have dealt with the snipers just fed instead. Doesn't help the only tank on your team isn't really a good point tank.

• @Dusklicious said in Gold rank the hardest rank to climb in game.:

Almost like the BK and the Zhin who should have dealt with the snipers just fed instead. Doesn't help the only tank on your team isn't really a good point tank.

Well, Seris is a damage support, 40K damage and 20K heal otherwise I might have done better. I picked once at least. I also didn't ban Jenos cause they told me to ban Skye. 🙂

• PC

@Dusklicious said in Gold rank the hardest rank to climb in game.:

Well, Seris is a damage support, 40K damage and 20K heal otherwise I might have done better. I picked once at least. I also didn't ban Jenos cause they told me to ban Skye. 🙂

Jenos isn't really worth banning, but Skye is an AWFUL ban. In Plat/Dia, Strix is banned almost every game in my experience and Nessa is usually banned on her better maps. I mean I don't always agree with banning the latter, but the former in my experience can be problematic.

In Plat/Dia, what I normally see is this ban-wise: BK, Io, Strix, Nessa/Khan/Andro (depending on map)

Jenos isn't really worth banning, but Skye is an AWFUL ban. In Plat, Strix is banned almost every game in my experience and Nessa is usually banned on her better maps.

If I pick Raum as first pick I ban Jenos and Khan. I know Skye is a bad ban but if you don't obey they will wail: "We loose cause you don't ban Skye" ragequit.

• PC

Jenos isn't really worth banning, but Skye is an AWFUL ban. In Plat, Strix is banned almost every game in my experience and Nessa is usually banned on her better maps.

If I pick Raum as first pick I ban Jenos and Khan. I know Skye is a bad ban but if you don't obey they will wail: "We loose cause you don't ban Skye" ragequit.

They deserve to lose for telling people to ban Skye... 🤣 That's how you lose a game before it even starts. The fact that Strix wasn't banned on Serpent Beach probably was a contributing factor though.

They deserve to lose for telling people to ban Skye... 🤣 That's how you lose a game before it even starts. The fact that Strix wasn't banned on Serpent Beach probably was a contributing factor though.

Strix has a 43% winrate on Gold and 45% on Platin and even on Diamond just 47%. Why would I ban Strix? I am happy if they pick him. Their Strix did 6/5 compared to Jenos 8/0 or Kinessa 17/1. I was never afraid of snipers. 90% of all sniper players are bad.

• PC

Strix has a 43% winrate on Gold and 45% on Platin and even on Diamond just 47%. Why would I ban Strix?

So I guess we should ban Moji now because she has the highest winrates aside from Io...? Even if dealing with her really isn't as difficult as some people make it out to be? Also we should ban Koga too because he has the highest winrate talent in the game, by a whole 4%?

The thing with Strix's winrate is yeah there are a lot of throwers that pick him, and also it doesn't help that on some maps like Brightmarsh for example he's pretty bad in comparison to others. But the thing is, is that Strix can two-shot most non-tank characters from any range he wants, and be invisible while doing it. That is problematic as it makes him potentially very hard to deal with. On maps like Frog Isle and Serpent Beach in partticular he can be a very serious threat.

• @Dusklicious The problem with banning is, that I don't know if my or the other team would pick the champ I ban. I am often in the situation like that my team leader bans Raum and Inara, the other team picks Barik and Ash and bans Term and I am last pick and no good tanks are available for me.

Strix (and Kinessa) winrates are so low because of all the sniper only dudes who pick sniper no matter what map or team composition. So instead of a support the last pick is Strix and it's a loss.

• Another match in the Gold category. How is it even possible to do 6 kills with Androxus in a 33 minutes match? This is an average of under one kill in 5 minutes. Must be some kind or record.

Bild Text

And another match from the ELO hell series. The Pip Player, above me in rank, had his first play ever in ranked, asked his friend over mike how to ban, and didn't know about buying items. An absolute beginner playing ranked as Platin. Nice. Both support didn't buy any items btw.

Bild Text