July Happy Thread

• PC

I'll get to play more Raum in comp next patch. πŸ™‚

No more Khan, Resil buffs, BK nerfs... As for Zhin supposedly being better according to one of my flank main friends, Raum is the ONLY tank in the game that can survive a Guillotine Zhin ult without a beam Furia.

• @Dusklicious said in July Happy Thread:

As for Zhin supposedly being better according to one of my flank main friends, Raum is the ONLY tank in the game that can survive a Guillotine Zhin ult without a beam Furia.

With Raum I simply run into BK ults because I know nothing will happen. 2K soul armor and 50% DR, good luck BK.

No more Khan, Resil buffs, BK nerfs... As for Zhin supposedly being better according to one of my flank main friends, Raum is the ONLY tank in the game that can survive a Guillotine Zhin ult without a beam Furia.

I can finally play Ash in ranked without having to worry about Khan. We can also have an easier time countering Terminus since without Khan and the buffs to more tanks, we have more options against Terminus. Here are the champions we couldn't run due to them being simply too weak, or hard countered by Khan: Ash, Atlas, Fernando, Makoa, and Raum.

• Ranked with my duo, the Koga. It was practically a massacre.

PS_Messages_20200720_040236(1)_2_resized.jpg

Brightmarsh is Willo's playground, change my mind. No idea why the enemy team banned Terminus on Brightmarsh. Just ban Khan, Koga, and run their same composition. Tyra and Ash fuck Terminus, especially Tyra on this map.

• PC

@HeartQueen said in July Happy Thread:

@Dusklicious said in July Happy Thread:

I can finally play Ash in ranked without having to worry about Khan. We can also have an easier time countering Terminus since without Khan and the buffs to more tanks, we have more options against Terminus. Here are the champions we couldn't run due to them being simply too weak, or hard countered by Khan: Ash, Atlas, Fernando, Makoa, and Raum.

Khan actually has a good matchup against Terminus. But this next patch is a net nerf for him because of the on-hit changes which is good.

Ash wasn't weak or countered by Khan. Ash is considered a pretty strong off-tank at the moment, and I'd dare to say the best in the game on live. Fernando will still be too weak, Raum is still very good granted Khan and BK are banned, Koa got a massive buff in the form of the Leviathan rework (and the hook cooldown reduction), and Atlas still even with the buffs just seems situational. Though after next patch Khan will be weaker than all of them, possibly as bad as Ruckus. Best way to play him will pretty much be Storm of Bullets rushing Caut and Morale and it will only be viable on certain maps.

@Dusklicious said in July Happy Thread:

Khan actually has a good matchup against Terminus. But this next patch is a net nerf for him because of the on-hit changes which is good.

Ash wasn't weak or countered by Khan. Ash is considered a pretty strong off-tank at the moment, and I'd dare to say the best in the game on live. Fernando will still be too weak, Raum is still very good granted Khan and BK are banned, Koa got a massive buff in the form of the Leviathan rework (and the hook cooldown reduction), and Atlas still even with the buffs just seems situational. Though after next patch Khan will be weaker than all of them, possibly as bad as Ruckus. Best way to play him will pretty much be Storm of Bullets rushing Caut and Morale and it will only be viable on certain maps.

Khan is good against Terminus. Several champions are. It's just that when the enemy team runs Khan and Terminus, there wasn't much of a counter against that duo. And the counters that are still there, require way more skill to counter that duo, compared to how easy it is to use that duo.

Stun Khan fucked Ash hard. Even with resilience, it was still oppressive. Though now he'll be much easier to go against.

Atlas actually isn't all that situational. He just requires so much skill, that he's only worth it if it's a grandmaster playing him. Though at least now he works. My friend was a hardcore Atlas main, and I'm sure he'll be happy with the buffs.

• What a great game it was! After seeing three tanks, I thought that we would lose and decided to focus on healing Vivian, took a talent for one mark. And in the end, here's what happened=) ΠΏΠ°Π»Ρ‹2.jpg

• PC

I had an Andro was complaining about healing non-stop this game... Healed my @$$ off anyways. 61.6k in 6 minutes.

NEED HEALING.jpg
    NEEED HEALING!.jpg

How to Pocket Corvus.

Pocketing.jpg
    How2Pocket.jpg
    HowtoPocket.jpg

• PC

When you only lose 1 game in 14.

Yayy.jpg
    Winning Games.jpg

• PC

Well I'll be...

My son wins this match as Khan:

predia.jpg

and then gets bumped (Vivian) - Diamond IV!

nowdia.jpg

A friggin miracle.

• PC

"BaRiK iS MiD-TiEr AnD wOrSe ThAn InAra" - @schachmaty

Schachmaty is Wrong about Barik.jpg

Barik is not mid tier.jpg

BaRiK iS mId TiEr.jpg

I mean I could carry a team against 4 of Barik's hardest matchups. He may be my main and I may be good at him, but I'm pretty sure a mid-tier couldn't quite do that. Also I did top damage in the entire match... Over a Yomi Zhin and a Kinessa against Double Tank... So it's also proof that you're totally wrong about Barik doing low damage. I mean If BetterMeta were still around I wouldn't even need results to prove the fact that Barik actually does really high damage for a tank, very consistently. Heck Barik remains the character I've achieved my second highest damage with (I got a 183k Nessa match once, my Barik record is 181k I believe).

• PC

So apparently the live version of the Radiant Stars patch will have the following good changes added (from JayFlare's AoC video):

• Mortal Reach's heal bonus increased from 10% to 17%.
    • Cauterize cost per rank decreased from 300 to 250.

So sustain meta won't be as much of an issue and the new Mortal Reach will be a buff, not a mixed change.

Though I do have a better fix that's similar to an idea proposed by @KicsitCsicska to further fix it. Just do this:

• Add 30% Healing Reduction for 1.5s to ALL in-hand weapons at base.
    • Reduce the scaling of Cauterize from 25/50/75% to 15/30/45%.
    • Cost buff from 300 to 250 credits. βœ”οΈ

Damage FURIA?

D_M_G FURIA.jpg
    Damage Furia.jpg
    DMG FURIA.jpg

• @Dusklicious The problem is that Barik is better than the other tanks at damage, but not at sustain. His sustain was gutted. He's the glass cannon of tanks, which shouldn't be the case because he's supposed to point tank.

• PC

@Dusklicious The problem is that Barik is better than the other tanks at damage, but not at sustain. His sustain was gutted. He's the glass cannon of tanks, which shouldn't be the case because he's supposed to point tank.

The issue there I'd say is that isn't necessarily correct either. Granted he does indeed sustain less than Terminus or Inara, even if both of them have absurdly high sustain (in the latter's case it's almost her entire selling point aside from being ABSURDLY easy to pick up), he also has ways to deal with that problem. I feel like a broken record every time I talk about how small his hurtbox is compared to other tanks (granted he has a pretty big head for especially snipers to hit), that's a tool that you can use to make Barik's inherent lack of self-sustain less of an issue. I think every guide I've written on him mentions how jumping is very beneficial to Barik's ability to sustain as you can utilize his size to dodge attacks that would otherwise hit. Also there's the factor of his mobility. Rocket Boots can be used to dodge attacks and also get to cover faster, increasing the amount of value that health pool has.

Honestly if Barik sustained as good as Terminus, he'd be the most broken champion in the game's history. Not even just saying at the moment. I'm saying ever. His burst sustain is supposed to be one of his weaknesses that counteract his strengths in terms of zoning, mobility, size, and damage output. Heck he'd be easily the best tank in the entire game IMHO if they just gave him 4k base health and everything else was the exact same. He's supposed to be weaker to burst than the other options. I say burst because he can sustain lower amounts of consistent damage not too much less than Term can in my experience.

• @Dusklicious The Mortal Reach "buff" will still be a mixed change becuz, although she will have more time to do dmg, it will come at the cost of seris not healing tanks as much as she used to. 17% is still less healing than the old Mortal reach(not a buff). If it was 20%(buff) then the healing potential would be the same as the old version(1800 heal over 1.5s=2400 heal over 2.5s). 17% heals 1755 which is less. Mortal Reach at 10% is like playing without a talent in small maps so I don't think an extra heal of 105 will be enough. But EMneco confused this change by saying that 17% will allow her to heal another tick of healing which is 1650+150=1800(buff). We'll have to test this change live before drawing conclusions.

• @Dusklicious I have suggested the same thing already earlier, but I realised, that 30% caut inbuild wouldn't be enaugh, the item Cauterize still would be must pick just as now.
    My suggestion also countains 5% higher max heal decreasing (75%->80%) for nerf support meta.

UPDATE TIME!
    0fefbfd6-0f39-4652-8d89-6d05070478a8-image.png

• Atlas feels good ngl

• Can confirm, Mortal Reach got buffed (23min match):

MRBuffs.jpg

SC is still better

• @TTraw Which ones better?
    20200729213805_1.jpg