July Happy Thread

• Cool, everybody have pick preferences 😉

• PC

@KicsitCsicska said in July Happy Thread:

Cool, everybody have pick preferences 😉

I mean I still try to play something that doesn't really work like Memesplitter Raum or Live Atlas but generally pick what I prefer playing while still trying to optimize it. 🙂

Have a 60%WR with Barik this season in Ranked. 😛 KDA's probably better than the winrate to be honest.

60%WR ranked Barik.jpg

• PC

@KicsitCsicska lol. I am in time zone 7+ hours from america(+3 GMT)... So yeah

• Off tanks are still great, at least the good ones are.

PS_Messages_20200711_022951_2.jpg

The Seris was actually good. I hardly see good Seris players, so let me celebrate! Inara was ass though. She would literally wall us off and trap us. Like when Seris was about to rotate to Tiberius to escape Androxus, Inara put a wall between them. When I was about to come back after I killed Viktor, she walled me off and left me to die to Io and Jenos. She made that match longer than it needed to be.

Edit: Believe it or not, that Inara was diamond III and top pick. No one traded, so she willingly went Inara. I understand first picking Inara to secure a good tank, but at least be good with her.

• PC

@HeartQueen said in July Happy Thread:

Off tanks are still great, at least the good ones are.

Ash/Raum/Khan are still very good on live the rest are kind of meh at best. Next patch seems like Khan will be out and Koa will be in.

Also, how hard can it possibly be to be good with Inara? She's my second least played tank and heck I can play her decently enough. Literally the only part of her kit that isn't basic as f*** is her wall...

• @Dusklicious
    Inara is easy to play.
    Atlas is the hardest

• @Shadowpuppy said in July Happy Thread:

Iv been playing Nade Viktor as of late and now that im getting the hang of it. I have to say its pretty strong when used to farm ult. Today i ulted at 50% point capture on the first round. It was pretty silly how fast i got it up with those nades.

Two ults a round or more and still have 60 % for the next round... Plus its allot of fun

3bf1dfd4-6041-457c-9d1f-4d7249972681-image.png

Why pick shrapnel over cardio? Like your loadout has no sustain and i don't see much value from the extra radius of it. Also I wanna know whats the main use of "hot potato"? I feel like flank food when playing a talent on vik that isn't burst mode.

• PC

@Shadowpuppy said in July Happy Thread:

@Dusklicious
    Inara is easy to play.
    Atlas is the hardest

Yep pretty much. I would say the order from easiest to hardest tank-wise (not really counting Torv because he's the only one I have little to no experience with) is probably something like this:

1. Inara
    2. Ash
    3. Raum
    4. Barik
    5. Fernando
    6. Terminus
    7. Khan
    8. Makoa
    9. Ruckus
    10. Atlas

• @SNIper-poTAto hot potato. makes cooking nades much faster so you can get them out quickly to deal with flanks.

Cardio is horrible... The extra radus makes hitting 3 or 4 people pretty easy..

3 people is 12% ult followed by another 12%

24% ultimate charge in a couple of seconds. You do not need sustain to play viktor. You need good position.

The extra range allows you to check areas... If i throw a nade in a room and it hits no one.... there is no one in that room.

Hot potato is needed to use it more reactive... cook a nade and throw it on the ground around you and engage the flank.

• PC

Tanks difficulty is hard to measure since there are tanks that hard mechanically like ruckus and then other tanks that are require good decision making and game knowledge like terminus. There are other tanks like makoa and atlas that are difficult in both. If I make a list it would be similar to dusklicious one, just some small changes.

• PC

@ShogunPukin said in July Happy Thread:

Tanks difficulty is hard to measure since there are tanks that hard mechanically like ruckus and then other tanks that are require good decision making and game knowledge like terminus. There are other tanks like makoa and atlas that are difficult in both. If I make a list it would be similar to dusklicious one, just some small changes.

That's true though. Tanks like Ruckus require a skillset almost more similar to a DPS skillset than a tank skillset, whereas you have even other off-tanks like Fernando that although playing very aggressively still require a tank's skillset (Was about to say Ash but honestly, she's pretty easy).

Though I feel like a few placements are to me pretty cemented in my mind. Koa and Ruckus could probably be swapped (simply because it's hard to consistently hit Makoa hooks), Raum and Barik maybe (though in Raum's case the difficult part of him is cooldown management and dealing with CC and the rest is pretty easy), and there's probably a few others also.

• PC

@Dusklicious Raum thing is limit testing in my opinion. Characters that soak damage like him and run people down is just experience. You just go ro play some normal games, run down enemy backlane and either feed your ass or carry the game, thats sadly the way you get better at characters like him. You will start noticing what you can/cant do and when then apply it. When you apply it correctly you notice thay you will carry more than feed. Pretty much why I cant play raum, I dont have enough games on him.

About makoa and ruckus, I feel like makoa and atlas are similar in terms on difficulty...and ruckus... is in a weird spot because that champ is probably for onetricks. I think his problem is not only as you said "a tank with dps mechanics" , to master him you probably need to do something similar to what I said about raum above but with a more tricky playstyle because ruckus is probably the less straightforward character in the game. Dont really know the order but these 3 are the hardest in my opinion.

• It was an esport match. I did what Seris can do 🙂
    20200712211305_1.jpg

• PC

That match you do 143k damage in 11 minutes:

140k in 11 minutes.jpg
    140k in 11 minutes!.jpg
    140k in 11 minutos.jpg

• @Dusklicious The other day i did 98k with Grok in 9 minutes.

• PC

@Shadowpuppy said in July Happy Thread:

@Dusklicious The other day i did 98k with Grok in 9 minutes.

Grohk does damage almost as easily as Vik to be fair (11k damage per minute isn't bad, though this game came out to 13k/min). I've probably done roughly 11k/min playing Barik a few times.

Also, Tinkerin not terrible?

Is Tinker not Terrible.jpg
    Is tinkerin not terrible.jpg
    Is Tinker not errible.jpg

(Honestly it's definitely a mediocre at best talent, they had no healer plus I did pretty meh damage honestly)

• Nothing "Happy" to post about game.. The new BP..pfff uffff... whatever..
    Move along, nothing to see here.

• PC

Diamond 4 now 😛

• From now on, I'm only going to play dps champions that take skill.

Champions like: Bomb King, Evie, Imani, Androxus, etc. This is because I was in a party with my friend, and he talked about how people don't like playing champions like Evie and Bomb King because they're scared to. They're afraid of the learning curve. I realize that I don't want to be that level 196 Vivian in casual. I'd rather go 3-18 with Bomb King and Evie than go 18-3 with a level 183 or 138 Vivian.

So I decided to give Evie a spin. She's tough, that's for sure. I was so proud of this game, even though I lost, because Evie is so hard to play.

PS_Messages_20200715_041050_2.jpg

• @HeartQueen you will have more fun and learn allot playing all the champs