July Happy Thread

• PC

@Vaporized said in July Happy Thread:

@Dusklicious said in July Happy Thread:

Mortal Reach's heal bonus increased from 10% to 17%.

Last night the game says it's 10% - they forgot to update the description?

Pretty sure that's what happened. I can notice the difference from PTS in-game when receiving the heals. Forgot to mention Talus getting a slight fire rate nerf, but the Caut buff more than cancels that out... 😒

• PC

@Dusklicious

Only played 3 matches last night - all supports on either team were IO, Furia, Corvus. I did play around with Seris in the shooting range prior to actual matches and was able to keep Fernando alive for a decent amount of time without chronos. I had no chance to do that in the prior versions of S3.

What caut buff? % still shows the same or is that wrong too. I only saw a reduction in credits.

• PC

@Dusklicious

What caut buff? % still shows the same or is that wrong too. I only saw a reduction in credits.

That's a buff. It makes it take a total of 300 credits less to max. You can also get Caut and Nimble and still have 50 credits left...

Frankly it's a disaster of a buff as well that doesn't even fix the problem it was meant to solve, but just causes more problems.

• PC

@Dusklicious As long as the % is the same. I'm OK with the credit reduction. It makes the true skill of the players come out sooner.

• PC

@Dusklicious As long as the % is the same. I'm OK with the credit reduction. It makes the true skill of the players come out sooner.

It also makes a Vik/Viv/Talus/Moji able to get Caut online even sooner. I played with a pro player in ranked and they banned Corvus and Jenos out, which in a way confirms to me that we may not be in a sustain meta. No, we're in a pocket meta. It's a disaster of a change IMHO that I'd rather have reverted even if that means sustain meta will still be a thing. Rather that than ban out two healers in draft and allow snipers through.

• PC

@Dusklicious Anyone doing their job well will be able to get higher levels of caut sooner. I don't see a problem in that aspect.

The pocketing seems unrelated to the caut change. Pocketing was already there with Jenos. Corvus just added another. It was obvious prior to this update - even in casual matches.

• PC

The pocketing seems unrelated to the caut change. Pocketing was already there with Jenos. Corvus just added another. It was obvious prior to this update - even in casual matches.

It was already there, yes, but it's going to be even more pronounced with how the caut change makes hitscans with fast fire rates who can consistently refresh the caut (who pretty much all pair well with pocket healers) better and also with how it negatively affects burst heal at the same time. All that without a single nerf of the pocket supports ability to pocket an ally. Corvus before the ult and caut buff was already a pretty solid support, but now he might just be a top 3 support. Jenos was mid-tier before this patch and now he might even be top 3. And the only reason that 3 isn't a 2 is because of Io.

Really hoping we don't get a pocket meta, because that's probably going to be a lot worse than sustain meta was. One or two pocketed DPSes on every team tearing everyone else to shreds.

• PC

What is that purple cloud? Happened just once. Lian or the horse let one rip?

20200730202756_1.jpg

• PC

@Dusklicious
    Only had time for one match last night (Lian). My damage is low cause I had to help out the Andro flanking (excuses) - Lian isn't my first choice for flank damage but it worked out. Anyway, I honestly feel the caut credit change didn't effect my item choices, accumulation rate or change the outcome of the match. This was 16 minutes and I earned 4300 credits (Only Ying had more credits) - I would have had caut 3 by EOM with or without the credit change.

lian.jpg

As a counter argument to your caut complaint. Willow's Deadzone is very oppressive at a whopping 100% for 5s anti heal and no credits needed. Allowing the enemy to achieve higher levels of caut sooner is fair against that. I know not every match has a Willo, just making a case.

Maybe the Corvus pocket can be made more acceptable if the mark range is nerfed. Not to Jenos levels but something not so ridiculous. I also don't like how it automatically moves to the nearest ally if the marked ally dies - maybe that should be removed. Should he be able to provide 25% life rip? Probably not.

• PC

No Brain? Yes Gain.

NBYG Cassie.jpg
    CaSsIe IsN't BrAiNdEaD.jpg
    No Brain Yes Gain Cassie.jpg

Seriously though Cassie requires zero effort.

• @Dusklicious It was always the pocket meta. The games were literally Corvus, Jenos, and Io pocketing a hitscan. That's why I called it the "pocket the hitscan" meta. I'm coining that term for myself personally. 🙂 Not really...

Anyway, it's why I called it braindead. The supports just pocket one person, while the person is able to shred without much consequences because they have two or more pockets.

• PC

@HeartQueen

IO pocket is annoying but she has to take risk to do it. Corvus and Jenos can both hide and the marked allies still get the benefits.

I suggest Corvus mark should have:

• a reasonable range limit for placing the marks. Jenos base is what 120 units - Corvus could be say 150 so a card isn't needed to extend it.
    • remove the mark's auto move when the marked ally dies.
    • reduce the Life Rip or rework the card completely.
    • Maybe the mark should timeout like Jenos.