July Rage Thread

• @Shadowpuppy It's you.

• PC

@Shadowpuppy said in July Rage Thread:

Is it just me or do the battle pass skins blow? I am probably not even going to spend my free crystals to get them.

Definitely just you. Next BP is probably the best BP I've ever seen. Though this CURRENT BP on live is pretty awful.

• No the skins suck.
    There is enough weeb anime content as it is.
    These are just cringe worthy.

I want lore and alternate lore based skin sets. I am happy with just that.
    Not street style or part Jojo crystal crusaders, these just make the game world feel like a joke to play in.

What is next? drag queen nando.

• PC

@AYYDIMITRI said in July Rage Thread:

What is next? drag queen nando.

Leaks: Jotaro nando and dio khan

• @NoMemeNoLife

Actuall, drag queen nando would probably make for a good pride week skin.

Meh, dio would be zhin.
    I just think the ult playoffs would be legend.
    You ever immortal through a zhin execution.
    What a rush.

• PC

They really have no idea how to properly buff Nando do they...? I mean why are they even keeping the Aegis shield's infinite uptime? It's quite literally a completely useless mechanic in 9 out of 10 scenarios. Formidable with shield cards might STILL be better than an Aegis build even WITH the buffs.

Give it increased health or something FFS. That's really the most powerful attribute of Nando's shield anyways, and further buffing that would give him a shield that with skill from the Nando would be near impossible to pop.

Though props for the ult change, I suppose. It's rather easy to waste particularly for an inexperienced player.

• @Dusklicious That shield talen is going to be borderline broken...
    12 second skill
    4 seconds off for talent
    5 seconds off in cards

He will always have that shield ready to go even if it just got destroyed. Chronos 3 would make it a 2.1 second cool down though that is really a waste of credits. No longer will stunning Nando totally screw him, its will almost not even be worth wasting a stun to drop his shield.

• PC

@Shadowpuppy said in July Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious That shield talen is going to be borderline broken...
    12 second skill
    4 seconds off for talent
    5 seconds off in cards

He will always have that shield ready to go even if it just got destroyed. Chronos 3 would make it a 2.1 second cool down though that is really a waste of credits. No longer will stunning Nando totally screw him, its will almost not even be worth wasting a stun to drop his shield.

And he'll essentially be completely incapable of dealing damage for half the game if you utilize this build to its potential.

Also Wrecker totally screws this concept because he requires his shield to sustain with this build. If they increased the health instead, few characters would be even able to take it down with maxed Wrecker as base already has 5500 health. After the increase it could be more like 7000 or 7500, making it take a Strix as many as 7 shots pre-Wrecker to destroy it.

I mean Makoa can pretty much have a zero CD shield with the right loadout, but yet he's not "borderline broken." One that he can fire in too using Half-Shell, he can also still use every other ability in his kit (Nando can still use Charge in shield, but nothing else). In fact from what I can tell Pluck is still a better talent. People actually did think the build would be overpowered, turns out he still needed a significant buff. So much so that EM reworked one of his talents (Leviathan) to make him actually good. Which will pretty much leave his shield build out to just be meme'd.

One thing I will say is that this might be a good counter to certain CC-heavy characters (Bomb King and Pip mainly), granted they can't hit Nando from behind the shield with their CC (Poppy/Grumpy Bomb in BK's case or in Pip's case Explosive Flask). But good Wrecker characters like snipers, Sha, and Drogoz can easily stack it up along with Caut and make the talent pretty pointless. Even a good BK can still do work against this stacking Wrecker (even post-nerf probably) Although it could be argued that this Wrecker wouldn't be fully rank 3 until around mid-late game, even rank 1 or 2 will likely still make this talent feel not nearly as "borderline broken" as it could sound on paper.

Formidable on the other hand really only utilizes the shield for Caut Protection while he heals up, aside from the standard usage of his shield even seen in Scorch builds. This makes Wrecker not nearly as big of a deal for it because even if they fully stack the Wrecker, he'll have used his shield for what he needed it for anyways. In this case, though, it's his main sustain tool and without it, even on its 3 second cooldown, Nando is left pretty much completely vulnerable. And this build fully encourages Wrecker to be second/third max (first always being Caut of course) by enemy DPSes, where as other Nando builds don't do that. Heck even in his shield he's still pretty vulnerable from the sides and the back.

As for the CC it isn't really a waste at all if it's used on him to stop his shield from going up. It still allows him to be easily focused down. He almost ends up being the shielded equivalent of Raum in this sense, except he doesn't get his Soul Armor completely taken away by hard CC. All in all, seems like it will be more of a meme than actually any good.

• @Shadowpuppy said in July Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious That shield talen is going to be borderline broken...
    12 second skill
    4 seconds off for talent
    5 seconds off in cards

Towering Barrier is listed with 0.8|0.8 at wiki so it's just 4 seconds reduce. 4 seconds CD plus chronos III is around 3 seconds. It sound like an interesting loadout idea, combined with Last Stand V, 500 self-heal per second, this could get very nasty in a duel situation. Chronos is not necessarily a waste since it means more fireballs and dashes. I'll definitely try this out. I miss playing Nando.

• PC

How a broken character can somehow "suck on a map" is f***ing beyond me. Probably stupid people in ranked that think they know what they're talking about when they actually don't. Your average Plat with a massive ego that thinks they're the best player in the game that knows absolutely everything about it, maybe. Pretty sure BK isn't somehow that much worse on Fish to be actually "sucky" when he's the strongest champion in the entire game right now. Also the same person who said this was playing like absolute trash and was part of what lost us the match 1-4.

Also got the worst Zhin ever known to man. Wasted ults on squishies, avoided flanking with their OT (me ofc... It left me dead in a lot of situations I shouldn't have been dead in), played like a bot... BUT WASN'T A BOT... And worst of all, was trolling our Inara that was just trying to point (unsuccessfully because I was dead half the caps because Zhin was not doing anything whatsoever of use).

• @Dusklicious said in July Rage Thread:

They really have no idea how to properly buff Nando do they...? I mean why are they even keeping the Aegis shield's infinite uptime? It's quite literally a completely useless mechanic in 9 out of 10 scenarios. Formidable with shield cards might STILL be better than an Aegis build even WITH the buffs.

Give it increased health or something FFS. That's really the most powerful attribute of Nando's shield anyways, and further buffing that would give him a shield that with skill from the Nando would be near impossible to pop.

Though props for the ult change, I suppose. It's rather easy to waste particularly for an inexperienced player.

Certain talents just don't work and won't ever be viable. Inara tremors, Seris agony, Lian precision, and Skye preparation. They keep trying to make Inara tremors and Lian precision happen, but it just won't. No one wants those talents. They don't even try with agony and preparation.

They need to simply replace those talents or rework them. What they did with Makoa's leviathon was a great example of a good rework. Leviathon sucked because it added very little value, so they gave it a lot of value. They need to do something like that for talents they keep trying to make happen.

• I always get the shitty last pick Ying players who go Resonance. I'm starting to hate Reddit more and more as I play the game. Reddit teaches people to go Resonance, and in a 10 minute match they have 30k damage and 16k healing. Great job Reddit. 🙄

• @HeartQueen Lian Precision has some uses against tanks like raum, ruckus, makoa and can be stronger in maps like Brightmarsh with the right build. @Shadowpuppy has a good loadout for this talent and I tried the build. It can be very effective in some scenarios. Skye Preparation is insane. The only real problem with this talent is that it doesn't proc on assists and the lower DPS won't be a problem with great aim. If you have great aim and a balanced approach to riskier positioning then Preparation is a better Debilitate. Skye can already shred tanks in 1v1s because of their massive head hitboxes without needing Debilitate. Debilitate allows you to peel tanks safely and is much easier to use. Because of how Preparation works, people don't know which cards best support it so they just play it with the worst builds imaginable and just never pick it again. https://paladins-tracker.de/match/998838450
    This is my first Skye game today with this talent and I did quite well. The elo was decently high and I play on PC.

• @Dusklicious actually he can do more damage as droping the shield is not a big deal.... You can pop it just to block a big damge shot and drop it after a second and it does hurt as you will likley have it back up before they can kill you.

Thats why i play the shield cool down now as i can drop my shield to do damge more often as i know it will be back up shortly...

• PC

If I have you marked the entire game playing Corvus, there's no reason for you to even press VHS let alone spam it. Also if you're playing Talus and you have Corvus pocketing you there's no f***ing reason not to do well in a match given the Corvus isn't getting flanked nonstop.

• @SNIper-poTAto said in July Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen Lian Precision has some uses against tanks like raum, ruckus, makoa and can be stronger in maps like Brightmarsh with the right build. @Shadowpuppy has a good loadout for this talent and I tried the build. It can be very effective in some scenarios. Skye Preparation is insane. The only real problem with this talent is that it doesn't proc on assists and the lower DPS won't be a problem with great aim. If you have great aim and a balanced approach to riskier positioning then Preparation is a better Debilitate. Skye can already shred tanks in 1v1s because of their massive head hitboxes without needing Debilitate. Debilitate allows you to peel tanks safely and is much easier to use. Because of how Preparation works, people don't know which cards best support it so they just play it with the worst builds imaginable and just never pick it again. https://paladins-tracker.de/match/998838450
    This is my first Skye game today with this talent and I did quite well. The elo was decently high and I play on PC.

I mean if you want tank shred, then pick someone that's not Lian. Viktor and Kinessa are better if you want hitscan against tanky tanks. Cassie is better for direct damage that shreds big hp tanks if you aren't too picky about needing hitscans. Precision Lian just has no use unless you're running her in casual and just want to meme.

Preparation is not good. You can get cooldowns on poison and smoke bomb using cards. A 500 heal on kill is basically a worse version of kill to heal 2; kill to heal 2 gives 600 healing on kills AND eliminations (so you don't even have to get the kill!). I don't really like Debilitate, I prefer Smoke and Dagger, but Debilitate is a better Preparation.

That was not a good elo game. Zhin was diamond V yes, but everyone else was way lower. Bomb King and Grover were plat III. Ash was Gold V. Inara was Silver II. Preparation does not work at high elo games. You don't have the bonus damage of Debilitate (okay, Debilitate is not all that good but still). You don't have the heal utility of Smoke and Dagger. Preparation can literally be mimicked by getting Poisoner 5, Confound 2, and buying Kill to Heal 2. Smoke and Dagger can't be mimicked, and Debilitate can't be mimicked.

Look, the last thing we need is to give people bad ideas about what to play. Preparation Skye is a throw pick. Precision Lian is a throw pick. Same with Resonance Ying, Tremors Inara, Agony Seris, Sacrifice Io, Shrapnel Viktor, Defiance Androxus, Dragon Fangs Koga, etc. On games where people know what they're doing, those talents will not work no matter what. I can see an argument for Alacrity Lian or Debilitate Skye, I don't see an argument for Precision and Preparation.

• @Dusklicious said in July Rage Thread:

If I have you marked the entire game playing Corvus, there's no reason for you to even press VHS let alone spam it. Also if you're playing Talus and you have Corvus pocketing you there's no f***ing reason not to do well in a match given the Corvus isn't getting flanked nonstop.

I had an Androxus complaining about me when I was Corvus. 23 minute match was the actual time. "Where's the pocket Corvus?" "Need Healing!" Then what he typed during the match. "2 healers and I can't get any" Meanwhile I kept him and Koga, Koga wasn't complaining luckily, marked constantly! He died less than everyone in the game except for me. Yet you would think he died 30+ times based on the way he was ranting about not having any healing.

PS_Messages_20200619_134715_2_resized.jpg

• PC

Just got a team of four seemingly brand new players.

Matchmaking at its finest.

• @HeartQueen If you want someone that can destroy Andro Drogos and still put heavy pressure on the tank pick percision Lian. It amazes me how 4 seconds off one skill some how makes the entire champ.

Getting 1200 an extra 300 damage is not that great either. Presence Lian requires heavy investment in cards and if you miss one you are in trounle till your burst combo is back up.

Mean while i able to do the same burst combo with zero investment in cards or talents and if i miss it doest really effect me. I have so much more mobility and DPS yet its some how a throw pic.

If you can hit shots its very strong. I do have 12 round mags to help get more value out of it.

• @HeartQueen smoke screen is not good as an escape ability. Staying inside the 25 unit smoke isn't reliable and it only lasts a minimum of 3s which is too low. Hidden is much more reliable and Preparation resets the cooldown of hidden with a kill that's why this talent can't be mimicked either. The 500 heal is not the main point of Preparation and it isn't any good either unless you buy Kill to heal on top of this talent. The players in that match may not have had the same rank but that doesn't really mean they were bad. Their skill levels were high and roughly the same for the most part and even comparable to some master rank players. Off meta talents can be good sleeper picks, it all comes down to how good the player is and how much time he/she spends on mythbusting off meta builds so we can never know. Soul Collector Seris is a good example of "Throw picks" that turned out to be pretty strong according to Pro Players. Some of the famous pro players are also saying that Precision can be insane in some situations so....