July Rage Thread

• @Dusklicious said in July Rage Thread:

If I have you marked the entire game playing Corvus, there's no reason for you to even press VHS let alone spam it. Also if you're playing Talus and you have Corvus pocketing you there's no f***ing reason not to do well in a match given the Corvus isn't getting flanked nonstop.

I had an Androxus complaining about me when I was Corvus. 23 minute match was the actual time. "Where's the pocket Corvus?" "Need Healing!" Then what he typed during the match. "2 healers and I can't get any" Meanwhile I kept him and Koga, Koga wasn't complaining luckily, marked constantly! He died less than everyone in the game except for me. Yet you would think he died 30+ times based on the way he was ranting about not having any healing.

PS_Messages_20200619_134715_2_resized.jpg

• PC

Just got a team of four seemingly brand new players.

Matchmaking at its finest.

• @HeartQueen If you want someone that can destroy Andro Drogos and still put heavy pressure on the tank pick percision Lian. It amazes me how 4 seconds off one skill some how makes the entire champ.

Getting 1200 an extra 300 damage is not that great either. Presence Lian requires heavy investment in cards and if you miss one you are in trounle till your burst combo is back up.

Mean while i able to do the same burst combo with zero investment in cards or talents and if i miss it doest really effect me. I have so much more mobility and DPS yet its some how a throw pic.

If you can hit shots its very strong. I do have 12 round mags to help get more value out of it.

• @HeartQueen smoke screen is not good as an escape ability. Staying inside the 25 unit smoke isn't reliable and it only lasts a minimum of 3s which is too low. Hidden is much more reliable and Preparation resets the cooldown of hidden with a kill that's why this talent can't be mimicked either. The 500 heal is not the main point of Preparation and it isn't any good either unless you buy Kill to heal on top of this talent. The players in that match may not have had the same rank but that doesn't really mean they were bad. Their skill levels were high and roughly the same for the most part and even comparable to some master rank players. Off meta talents can be good sleeper picks, it all comes down to how good the player is and how much time he/she spends on mythbusting off meta builds so we can never know. Soul Collector Seris is a good example of "Throw picks" that turned out to be pretty strong according to Pro Players. Some of the famous pro players are also saying that Precision can be insane in some situations so....

• PC

Taps fingers on the table, still waiting for PTS to come out

• Lost a rank match to day to drop hack, so much fun.

• PC

@Shadowpuppy said in July Rage Thread:

Lost a rank match to day to drop hack, so much fun.

I had a streamer in one of my ranked games getting stream sniped. That's always fun too. Pretty much had no damage the entire game because they were always going for the streamer (who was playing Kinessa while the rest of our team were tanks and supports).

• @Shadowpuppy said in July Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen If you want someone that can destroy Andro Drogos and still put heavy pressure on the tank pick percision Lian. It amazes me how 4 seconds off one skill some how makes the entire champ.

Getting 1200 an extra 300 damage is not that great either. Presence Lian requires heavy investment in cards and if you miss one you are in trounle till your burst combo is back up.

Mean while i able to do the same burst combo with zero investment in cards or talents and if i miss it doest really effect me. I have so much more mobility and DPS yet its some how a throw pic.

If you can hit shots its very strong. I do have 12 round mags to help get more value out of it.

Nah. There are better options. Cassie destroys Drogoz, Andro, and tanks. So does Viktor. Even Strix if you can hit your shots. I just think there are better options than Precision Lian. It's supposed to be her tank shred talent, but Lian isn't made to really shred tanks. Lian is an anti-squishy backline damage. That's why Precision doesn't work.

@SNIper-poTAto said in July Rage Thread:

@HeartQueen smoke screen is not good as an escape ability. Staying inside the 25 unit smoke isn't reliable and it only lasts a minimum of 3s which is too low. Hidden is much more reliable and Preparation resets the cooldown of hidden with a kill that's why this talent can't be mimicked either. The 500 heal is not the main point of Preparation and it isn't any good either unless you buy Kill to heal on top of this talent. The players in that match may not have had the same rank but that doesn't really mean they were bad. Their skill levels were high and roughly the same for the most part and even comparable to some master rank players. Off meta talents can be good sleeper picks, it all comes down to how good the player is and how much time he/she spends on mythbusting off meta builds so we can never know. Soul Collector Seris is a good example of "Throw picks" that turned out to be pretty strong according to Pro Players. Some of the famous pro players are also saying that Precision can be insane in some situations so....

You have cards to reduce the cooldown of Hidden...

Silver and Gold are not comparable to master rank players... Here are skill levels that are similar. Low Plat and high Gold are similar. Low Diamond and high Plat are similar in skill. Low Gold and high Silver are not similar to a Plat III. That is just a fact. I can run Preparation Skye and farm some Gold players. Doesn't make it good though.

I agree that off meta can be a sleeper. That's why I don't agree with pro tier lists. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QrfS-AHhhk&list=PL1l36WHOicdFASnCc2a2bv0c9xl1ZFnOx&index=6 I mean, Randomnoobtv put Atlas at A tier and Raum 2 tiers below. This was at the start of season 3, so yeah... He put Willo at D tier even though her winrates were actually pretty solid, even after the nerf. I think pro tier lists are bs. I look at statistics and my own experiences. In my experience, Preparation Skye only worked with a Torvald and Jenos pocket, or against low elo people. If Rockmonkey said Preparation Skye was top tier, that wouldn't change my mind that Preparation Skye is good. It would reinforce that pro tier lists are bullshit and that I'm right to not put and stock in them.

• PC

People saying the Talus change is a buff are something else.

• @Dusklicious I think it will be a buff

• @HeartQueen It does work, just because there are other options do not make it bad. Its going to be even better with Ammo on dash coming back. And it is way easier to drop drogoz and andro with Lian than Cassie. All the issues lian has are not solved buy picking the other talent. She still has all the same problems and i can still kill someone in the blink of an eye.

• PC

@Dusklicious people said the same about koa in 3.1 and the nerfs were way harsher. Dont expect people to be objective when they dont like a champion.

Just because they do a small buff in talus base kit doesnt mean its a buff. The nerfed cards and especially overcharge are too important to him. Its not even close to be a buff after all most of talus damage is in overcharge.

Edit: Actually misscalced the base weapon and overcharge ratios. Its a base kit buff (both base weapon and overcharge) and cards nerfs. overall I'd say is a nerf, those cards were kinda stupid. Maybe he can pick others cards now.

• @ShogunPukin its a buff for people that dont play cheesy life rip build

• PC

Seems like PTS is probably up right now, but Steam isn't updating it even after I restarted my computer. 😕 Unless of course there's just a lot of people checking if it's up or not.

EDIT: PTS is not live yet, checked their Twitter.

• PC

@Dusklicious Remember to remove "this update hotfix is awful".

Edit:
    save.jpg

• PC

I may be very anxiously awaiting the PTS to come up, but the attacks I see directed at Evil Mojo over the fact they haven't released it yet are completely ridiculous. Even AFTER they've said it will be up any hour now.

Telling you, toxicity is way more of the problem when it comes to some of the issues this game has than COVID or anything Evil Mojo is doing.

• I spend all day grinding moji up to 30, and it was a horrible...

• BORING

• No ability to deal with anything a flank should deal with.

• Almost a pointless champ after the point is won

• Stupid sustain with massive damage

• Its like playing Vivian

Every thing about this champ is crappy, her mechanics are total garbage and while i can find a way to play her its as a damage dealer that needs a pocket or a tank next to her so she can just spam !!!

• I have champs that i suck with but this is the first champ that i just outright cannot stand and i will probably never play her again unless they do a major rework.

• The past couple of days were horrible in Paladins...the matches were one of these two extremes:
    either would there be bots, sometimes multiple, or I would play against a stack of 3 or more GMs in a call together. Nothing in between...I don't mind playing GMs, but if they're always in a party of 3 or more, I can play as well as I physically can, I won't win....

• @HeartQueen said in July Rage Thread:

I mean, Randomnoobtv put Atlas at A tier and Raum 2 tiers belo

Vex30 put Atlas 2 tiers below Raum at the same time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xujHtplc96I&list=PLr9BXg1AbOzzOCfluC1fMjrp5vvSOP2UQ&index=13

Pro tier lists are about the potential of a champion, how good is Atlas at Diamond with the aim and skill of Randomnoob (and Atlas profits more from perfect aim than lets say Terminus or Fernando). Io is btw. very low tier at Vex30 list, I play her from start and she was never that bad. It sometimes strange but there are probably tierlists from content creators who are not pro-players. Kami never makes tierlists unfortunately.

• @HeartQueen About Skye, what is a 5s cooldown reduction going to do when hidden has a cooldown of 15s? It's not a CD reset so I don't see how the card matters, Shadow Affinity is a totally garbage card despite the high pickrate Jay Flare told me it had, especially because of how she has many other better cards.
    And what you said about Gold players not being comparable to that of masters, this is more of a half truth. And I wasn't really saying that all gold players are comparable to master rank players. Doesn't mean NONE of the Gold rank players can't be as good as the ones in masters and there are tons of lvl 600+ players that are in gold because of matchmaking and many of them almost never play in stacks. With how broken matchmaking is in paladins, You will never hit Grandmaster no matter how good you are if you play solo almost all the time. My statement about this, only really applied to the enemy players I went up against in the match I sent you. But yea, "most" Gold rank players are DEFINITELY not comparable to that of GMs. https://paladins-tracker.de/match/999567978
    Look at the people I played with in this match. The corvus I played with healed for 180k using dark gifts( which is not considered his main heal talent) and he is in gold rank and is also kinda new to the game. He is a godly Corvus player but not as good with other champs which makes sense since he is new although his Corvus at that time was only lvl 4. Then there was also that annoying Dredge player that did a crazy whooping 175k dmg who is also a low gold player(also yes I played Skye again using Preparation with amazing results). Lower Elos shouldn't be underestimated and they don't actually define how good a player actually is. There is only one infamous player(from SEA server) that I know who reached Grandmasters and he barely ever played in a stack( he does play duos more often now), he mostly got that far by playing Ying Resonance as a solo support in more than 50% of his games, y'know her "worst" talent.
    I totally agree on what you said about pro tier lists being total bs. If you still think that Preparation is bad, then I suggest you try it on yourself with my builds or make one of your own. Just make sure to always have Decrepify 3+ in all Prepraration loadouts.