Matchmaking Balance Problem

• Today at 3:21 7/24/2020, I met another player on the enemy side with mastery lvl >100. This is a 4th match this week that I met a mastery lvl >100 player on a mastery lvl ~0-15 match. This is very unfair for my team, which everyone, including me, is lower than mastery lvl 15. All of these matches all led to a lost in my team, because how can beginners fight against a veteran? It is very hard and bring unfairness. I’d love if the game system can fix this issue and rebalance the matches, for better future gameplay. Thank you.

• I think matchmaking ties very well into the overall balance of the game.

For example, people who think Skye is broken at low elo. "Can you pick Skye so they don't have her?" "Ban Skye please." People, Skye is not good. She's also easy as shit to counter.

List of champions who reveal Skye: Cassie with her ult, Fernando fire reveals her, Grohk's shock pulse spots her stealth, Jenos void grips spots her stealth, Lex mark reveals her, Mal'Damba Gourd reveals her, Moji spray reveals her, Strix flare reveals her, Tyra mark reveals her, Viktor ult reveals her, Vivian's drones reveal her, Willo's deadzone reveals her, and Zhin's huge projectiles can reveal her.

List of champions who cleanse/immue her poison: Androxus can absorb it with reversal, Ash can immune through ult, Atlas can rewind, Barik heals through it, Evie ice blocks it, Fernando immunes it through ult, Furia immunes it through ult, Grohk cleanses it through ghost walk, Khan immunes it through battle shout, Koga cleanses it with shadow step, Mal'Damba's slither cleanses it, Moji immunes it with magic barrier, Seris cleanses it with shadow travel, Talus cleanses it with teleport, and Zhin cleanses it with billow.

List of overlaps: Fernando, Grohk, Mal'Damba, Moji, and Zhin.

This is the champion people call overpowered. I didn't even list counters outside of the sense of 'taking something away.' Like I forgot to add people like Bomb King, Buck, Drogoz, etc., as people who do well against her in a 1v1.

The problem is that people are bad. Matchmaking puts Gold and Platinum players against grandmasters. Also, there aren't enough skilled people. Grandmasters and high diamond players are very few of the playerbase. Not enough people to keep up as far as skill goes. Yet some people don't want to learn or improve. Like this one dork who thinks Skye doesn't have a lot of counters. lol. Skye is hard countered by over half of the roster, and that's not including people like Buck who do well against her. lol. Yet you can't tell them anything. They'll continue to feed on Skye and blame the team because "it would've been hard to counter me if I had more heals." lol.

• Level doesn't mean anything. I've seen so many lvl 100+ level players with certain champions who're just dogshit at the game....

• @schachmaty said in Matchmaking Balance Problem:

Level doesn't mean anything. I've seen so many lvl 100+ level players with certain champions who're just dogshit at the game....

I agree as well. I have too friends who are above level 600. One is in Silver and the other is a grandmaster. Matchmaking by levels would put those two on the same team or against each other. That would not be fair matchmaking.

At the same time, if someone on my team is talking about how Skye is overpowered.... Then we're not in the same league. lol. If Skye scares them, imagine what'll happen when they go against people who are actually good. Like a level 200 grandmaster Koga with a Corvus pocket. Or a grandmaster Androxus and Buck. Or a diamond Talus player pocketed by a Jenos.

• Of course an invisible champion is a problem for casual players or low skill players. Nevertheless I have never got as many matches that are stomps than I get nowadays. I dunno what they did but it sucks. I have matches where one team literally gets zero kills.

• @M3RC3N4RI0 said in Matchmaking Balance Problem:

Of course an invisible champion is a problem for casual players or low skill players.

It's why I hate how they nerfed illuminate to buff Skye. It actually makes the balance of Skye worse. Think about it... Most people who countered her before, still counter her now. Instead of stopping at illuminate, they'll have to get illuminate 3. Besides, I literally pick champions that require no illuminate such as Tyra, Jenos, Vivian, or Willo. At the same time, people who sucked against her before will still continue to suck against her. So she's still not really a champion at high elo, save for her healing which is niche. Yet she's still dominating low elo players, and is even more annoying for Platinum and Gold players who know to buy illuminate.

They need to give it up and rework her. Don't give her two abilities countered by illuminate. Change one of them into a movement ability. Then play around with her cards. That way she can be a true flank.

• @HeartQueen Skye is one of the few champs that can only be balanced for high or low ELO. If she'd be so strong that she'd be able to compete at high ELO, where the invisibility is not so useful, she'd be OP at lower ranks. So the best approach would be to balance her that she can't be played at Diamond+ but is a strong and fun champ for 95% of the players. Like Viktor once was.

But HiRez has the agenda that every champ has to be viable in pro-play. So we get Healer-Skye and Sniper-Viktor and stuff like that.

• @M3RC3N4RI0 Viktor will always be seen at high tiers of play on console, just not on PC. The problem with Hi-Rez is that they want champion good on every platform, which won't be a thing. For example, buffing Terminus and trying to buff the damage of Talus, despite them being good or overpowered on console, just because they aren't all that good on PC. It was like when they buffed Cassie to try to make her more appealing to console players, but it made her broken on PC while console players still weren't biting. So the question is, do you want her to be good and a solid pick on console at the cost of her being overpowered on PC, or do you want to make her balanced for PC and stop trying to make her happen on console?

Also... Buff blasters! I'm tired of hitscan mains wanting their hand to be held. They already counter blasters and they continue to want blasters nerfed and hitscans buffed.

• There is NO matchmaking in Bugadins, never was and never will be.. but they have many skins and lame sprays or avatars or titles.. all they want its to people to have low waiting times.. what they cant understand is that after some point, where your level is high, you want a good balanced match, even if you have to wait a bit longer.
    Buts these devs are so noobs/lazy/dont give a F in so many ways that game has always had a huge amount of problems, NO matchmaking is a another one, a big one.

@B4TC4V3 Just because you lose a lot of the games or have a low rank doesn't mean that matchmaking doesn't exist.

What's your ign?

• @Lukash369 I mean, everyone been complaining about matchmaking since ALWAYS and you come and say its my rank or my Win / Defeat rate.. LOL amazing.. lame.. Btw, I have more wins than defeats.
    I have 1600+ hours of game, all champs, some of them level 90, 70.. most of them above level 30.. I really don't consider my self a bad player, at least compared to 80% of players right now, but in order to get lower waiting times matchmaking is a JOKE, always was, probably always will be.
    Besides, with constantly games with bots or AFKs in team and no matchmaking, playing this is a sad adventure.

I gave 2200+ hours, all champions, I've been playing since closed alpha (5 years).

Matchmaking works almost always correctly. Matches don't always seem to be fair, but when it comes to numbers, matchmaking almost always matches players well. The system will not predict when someone has a bad day or someone will be afk, etc.

This is why I'm curious about your IGN, because I'd love to see this broken matchmaking in your matches.

• Not really going to pick sides but sometimes it seems like MM in casual is actual utter garbage because of randoms vs platinums and GMs in parties mostly and sometimes its just because there was No Teamwork Whatsoever the reason someone's team suffered defeat despite having a good team balance and right choices in loadouts, items and talents and complain about hard carring.

It kinda comes down to a 50/50. But rather its an actual 90/10: 90% teamwork / 10% team balance. Especially when randoms don't give a shit about teamwork and decide to be edgy, tryhard and elititsts or do whatever the fuck they feel to. like damage support, m8 frontline, pocket healing, solo healing, camping and leeast active when flanking, etc...

I just admit that i really can't keep up with this hero shooter gameplay style, is way more competitive demanding than anything i have seen so far and here i though TF2, COD and CS:GO had competitive hell everywere, even in community servers. It burns you out badly

• @Lukash369 said in Matchmaking Balance Problem:

I gave 2200+ hours, all champions, I've been playing since closed alpha (5 years).

Matchmaking works almost always correctly. Matches don't always seem to be fair, but when it comes to numbers, matchmaking almost always matches players well. The system will not predict when someone has a bad day or someone will be afk, etc.

This is why I'm curious about your IGN, because I'd love to see this broken matchmaking in your matches.

Dude... You can't be serious. Matchmaking is actual garbage right now. I do think some of it is attributed to the fact that it's towards the end of the battlepass, so not as many people are playing right now. Still, it's a problem that's extremely noticeable. I notice that the teams I go against aren't the best. If I'm outright farming on Lian, and my aim is bad, then that is a problem. I look on PaladinsGuru, and I'm going against level 90 people. That is just sad to me. Or I'll have level 60 people on my team.

Heck, I had one game where I went against a known grandmaster Androxus while I was playing Evie. This was a casual match. He had a Jenos, Corvus, and Torvald pocket. He had a diamond Imani, but meh. My team had mostly diamond or below players. Take in mind, even though it was a 4-0, it was one of the more balanced matches.

• The issue is not matchmaking imo, its the conduct and actions of players in a teamgame that has to improve.

Everyone complains about matchmaking.
    And here is me saying, average playerbase needs more perspective on the whole game, for the matchmaking to improve in general.

Even if it were perfectly balanced, and people had equal gameplay time. Those who lack the perspective of teamplay do not contribute to a wall oiled team...
    You do not have to be diamond rank or require an account level of +200 or some shit to prove how good you are.
    Its a matter of gameplay understanding, and it differs immensely from the mindset of the gamer. For example Smurfs or Tournament players from other games, should not need to be identified by level, is about performance and understanding of the player in the environment they are working with, the time it will take the player to have a broad game sense of the game will differ depending on the level of understanding of that player.

That said.
    WITH NO PROPER GROUNDING TUTORIAL FOR THE DYNAMICS AND ROLE OF EACH CLASS...
    NO IN DEPTH DISCUSSION ON THE FUNCTION AND FLOW OF THE GAMEPLAY.
    HOW FUCKING LONG WILL IT TAKE A NUMPTY TO GET TO A POINT OF COMPETENT UNDERSTANDING.
    When newcomers and players (with levels, but no brains) show little sense of the game flow, positioning, ability use, target prioritisation and Items... Those free frags will be the bane of every player who understands their role perfectly and watches their team fall into peril, because someone is not doing their job right...
    Without a method to explain all the "The more you know" dynamics in detail and game sense, you will continue to have stacks of players playing the game in a lacklustre fashion.

So even if the stars align, and everyone is equal level. You will stil have the chance of a flank who dives alone and demands healing, a damage who never sets up supportive fire on point or watch their sides, a healer acts like and open frag on the road, a frontline that just acts like a punching bag and demands all the healing....

I have taught friends this game. What little perspective I have given them, makes them shred low elos. Just things like, remember your retreat path, do not stay on the open road, treat open space like no mans land, get a good vantage / position, and use walls for cover when you can, ect...

• @HeartQueen I don't think you are looking at this correctly. You can't look at a ban being requested as if the character is not possible to be countered. Instead, look at who is requesting the ban. If I'm playing a dedicated healer, there is no way possible a healer capable of supporting two frontlines can also defend against skye. Plus you now have to spend credit on illuminate, slowing your progression in cauterize and chronos. This has a further cascading effect of then causing tanks to wipe while capturing point, or dedicating another character to stay back and "guard" against skye wiping out the backline. You have now effectively limited two of your teammates because one character on the other team wasn't banned. That is why supports request her to be banned.

• @Necro-mancer They need to trust in their dps. If they can't, there are supports who counter Skye. Jenos counters her, Pip counters her, and Seris counters her.

• @M3RC3N4RI0 No what needs to be done is that hirez has got to add(a 2nd tutorial mode) an optional but proper fking tutorial for new players dedicated to help them play against low rank dominant champs like skye moji buck and reward crystals/gold for it so that they can stop using bad players as excuses to not buff skye properly. First off illuminate changes and stealth rework which makes dmg numbers pop off by hitting stealthed targets should be reverted. Then she just needs a few tingles like, a buff to her weapon dmg from 130->150 but nerf her DMG talents, and her HP to 1800 to compensate. This will turn her into the "low-time to kill flank" she was meant to be but make her time-to-die faster aswell and avoid buffing her DPS with Debilitate more than it currently is. I'd personally replace it with nerfed version of old smoke & Dagger with a 2s CD reduction within it to prevent healer skye from getting affected and make the old playstyle exactly as efffective as it used to ignoring the quick smoker nerf. I'd also give a last touch to her Preparation talent where she gets a 2nd armor benefit other than the kill2CDreset where movespeed card effects/nimble stack without diminished values. There, Skye is now low-key insane in the right hands but not OP since she has a fair number of counters with one of them being illuminate which is accessible to literally anyone. Now Skye has 3 completely different playstyles with each of them doing the following- buff burst, buff mobility and add utility/sustain. For a champ that can be countered by an item which can be bought in any situation, she deserves to have 3 strong talents/to be viable in any map or against any team comp other than one that has vivian.

• @SNIper-poTAto I doubt that: "Make every player skilled like Diamond then Skye is no problem anymore" is a viable idea.

• @AYYDIMITRI There are a few players I coached a bit before taking a long break. When I came back I honestly almost never lose in party with them and we aren't even using comms. Its crazy. What sucks is mechanically good players can be really hard to teach game sense to, because they can play shooters well in general so they get half decent scores. It blinds them of their true potential and they get mad when you try and suggest something.