Why are there so many cheaters?

• Why are there so many hackers/cheaters on Paladins? This is getting ridiculous. Especially when it comes to ranked. I worked super hard to get into Diamond, and now every enemy team i face either has aimbot or is somehow dealing extra damage on attacks that shouldn't deal anywhere near the kind that i'm taking. Like Kogas that deal 3k in a second without crits or any damage buffs. Or Viktors with Burst Fire that can 2 burst me from across the map from a sniper's distance.
    I feel like the report system is a joke, because whenever i use it, i feel like nothing will happen because not only do i still see the same people later, but usually i'll see even more people blatantly cheating with nothing being done. It was already annoying when i started playing this game, but holy hell. Once i reached Diamond, almost everyone i see is using some kind of aimbot and it's obnoxious.

• Well, you can't do anything about it aside from reporting. And normally there are ways to play around cheaters like only choosing fights you can actually win or by focusing the other enemies instead, so it's not like cheating is an instawin..

• @schachmaty

I know this, i've beaten cheaters plenty of times, but that still doesn't mean it's fun. It's not a good look on this game thats already somewhat holding up.

• I have yet to encounter cheaters in this game, but I have encountered cheaters in other games (Valorant) with no repercussions on them from reports. I can see how that can take the fun out of a game, that is why I don't play Valorant much anymore. It is a shame too because I really like Valorant, and if this game is having the same problems, it would be a real bummer. I'm still 3 account levels away from being able to play ranked, so, hopefully this gets fixed before i get into the higher tiers. Who knows, maybe it will be fixed next split.

• What's a "cheater"? Is it someone who does well in a match? Is it someone who's a better player than anyone of either team? Or, is it someone who does poorly? Would the word "cheater" apply to anyone in the current or last match?

I've played thousands of matches, but I have yet to recognize or call any player a cheater. I've met good and bad players, but I've never encountered a cheater. Maybe a "cheater" is so good at cheating that they can do so without being spotted? I really don't know...

What is a "cheater"?

• @Conrad_Max Cheater is someone using aimbots, wallhacks, abusing bugs. And there were alot of those in Paladins. Thanks to removal of kill cam it got even worse. (one of the reason i stop playing)

If you fail to notice cheaters you are either Pollyanna or too naive. Skill is not the reason why a Strix can snipe an invisible target from other side of the map. If you think that is skill, you are too naive. Stop defending cheaters blindly btw. They are killing the game.

• PC

this is why hi rez anti cheat is so weak its so easy to bypass. we cant even post video on cheaters cause the killcam was removed i even found 1 strix who shot me through walls

• PC

@Conrad_Max you never encountered cheaters.....yeah right i even found a lian no cooldown, aimbot and 50% fast ult charge you can even found them on youtube hahahahaha

• PC

@PlasmastormX15 Since the killcam was removed, I swear I've been aim botted by Viktors a few times.

@roiwtto999 Lian: "Killing an enemy with Enlightenment refunds 50% of the Ultimate charge." She also has two auto aim abilities. https://paladins.gamepedia.com/Lian

What's the hack when it's supposed to do that? You can get the remaining 50% ult back quickly. Also if you kill someone on a streak you get a massive ult charge from that.
    https://paladins.gamepedia.com/Ultimate_Ability

I believe Conrad_Max is on console which I believe has less hacking if at all. If you're on console turn off crossplay to avoid any PC hackers.

• Conrad_Max has never had any problems with this game. He's a champ. He defends every conceivable complaint and has had a perfectly even experience since day one. He's either on the payroll? Or he's an incredibly forgiving sort of person with no issues, like, ever.

• @JalkianValour said in Why are there so many cheaters?:

Conrad_Max has never had any problems with this game. He's a champ. He defends every conceivable complaint and has had a perfectly even experience since day one. He's either on the payroll? Or he's an incredibly forgiving sort of person with no issues, like, ever.

Incorrect. I've had problems in the game which I've mentioned on this forum in the past. I've alo mentioned that I have submitted reports. But the biggest issue I have had are players not knowing how to play together, or are unwilling to do so.

And now, back to the topic...