August Rage Thread

• PC

• PC

@Vaporized said in August Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious ROFL

At least I got to Diamond with it. It worked that well before it fell apart.

• Why they put in bounty store quicksilver ying AGAIN? I'm thinking this was the first bounty skin? Am I wrong??

• PC

@Dusklicious said in August Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious ROFL

Cheater...Boosted... My son got diamond IV solo. I Q'd with him only for qualifying and only because he asked - can't blame him. Placements are horrific.

Just joking. IDC how you get it.

Other day, we are at the end of a push. I get killed and the rest of my team dies shortly after. I rush back and see Cassie is emoting at the payload with 2 seconds left on the timer. I run in to push overtime solo and hold it for what seemed like forever (I was Tyra mind you). The rest of my team finally comes back and finishes the push. LOL.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in August Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious ROFL

Cheater...Boosted... My son got diamond IV solo. I Q'd with him only for qualifying and only because he asked - can't blame him. Placements are horrific.

Just joking. IDC how you get it.

Other day, we are at the end of a push. I get killed and the rest of my team dies shortly after. I rush back and see Cassie is emoting at the payload with 2 seconds left on the timer. I run in to push overtime solo and hold it for what seemed like forever (I was Tyra mind you). The rest of my team finally comes back and finishes the push. LOL.

Hey he's the boosted one even if he does get pretty solid stats (he loses almost every ranked outside of the duo... Usually in his case because he tilts so regularly. All I need are teammates willing to work with me in some capacity and I only get them every other game. I actually did get to D4 solo in 3.1, and then dropped to D5 where I pretty much stayed. If I had an actually GOOD duo and got good teammates more often I bet I could probably get to high Diamond. And no pro players/grandmasters throwing. I've dealt with about enough of that.

• PC

@Dusklicious We all know Barik can't carry, do damage or get kills 🙂

Seriously, just find another duo. Sooner or later you'll find a compatible player.

• PC

@Dusklicious We all know Barik can't carry, do damage or get kills 🙂

Seriously, just find another duo. Sooner or later you'll find a compatible player.

Already have a couple of people in mind, just have to catch them online. One of them also needs to promo to Plat, as his main pick was Khan and well he's not doing so great, though I think he could probably play Ash/Zhin/Talus just fine. The other I think is already in diamond and mainly plays tanks.

• @Dusklicious Dps mains come in two breeds.

1. Pocket me: they basically want a duo that mains Jenos/Corvus/Io. They basically want their duo to just pocket them. They also can't play at high elo without a pocket.

2. Be a gymnast: they want you to fill every role so they can dps every game.

The gymnast one eventually falls apart because the requirements of the role changes as they go up. At first they want you to keep filling as support and tank. Then they want you to double up on dps with them and try to hard carry bots with them.

• @HeartQueen I am both. At the same time.

• PC

@HeartQueen said in August Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious Dps mains come in two breeds.

1. Pocket me: they basically want a duo that mains Jenos/Corvus/Io. They basically want their duo to just pocket them. They also can't play at high elo without a pocket.

2. Be a gymnast: they want you to fill every role so they can dps every game.

The gymnast one eventually falls apart because the requirements of the role changes as they go up. At first they want you to keep filling as support and tank. Then they want you to double up on dps with them and try to hard carry bots with them.

Well mine was more like "do the actual teamwork so I can think I'm carrying and winning" when in all reality they're off on their own not really helping the team in any way. Afterwards raging because the team didn't cap with a lack of pressure on their side. It's like they're stuck in their own world where they're better than everyone else and therefore too good to contribute to the team over playing it like they'd play Call of Duty.

He actually fit into neither of these roles in a sense because he'd actually sometimes play support, though usually running Focusing Lens Ying (and putting out more damage than healing) or Binary Star Jenos (which is essentially a damage with a heal), and also tell me to ban Corvus some of the time if I don't do it anyways. But of course he couldn't play most characters requiring actual teamplay whatsoever.

But I'll admit he did do a pretty decent job of killing specific people that needed to be dead, well MOST of the time at least. One game I was playing Inara and was asking over and over for the Dredge to be focused (he was spamming me on point so I couldn't sustain), and the Dredge barely died, and it took me and the Khan going after him...

• I still don't understand why and how a diamond player with 4 gold players could break the ranked system. It's not a carry combo at all. I'm diamond and getting diamond on every account quickly whem I'm starting to play ranked. Most of my friends are golds, and I can't play ranked with them 😡
    We pick ranked coz it's pick phase makes sense and needs brain, so the match won't depends on random setups. But we can't do it, at most for 5-10 matches per season... What should I do? Make million smurfs or feed on ranked for falling back to plat? 😑 I can't even play with one gold friend... It's ridiculous. The mm could just simply put us against plat players and the teams are balanced. It's not that hard to find plat players, they are so many.
    I played ranked on my little sister' acc for carrying a friend onto plat for play at least duo. I got dia again before he reached plat... It sucks.
    I don't even gain bp exp on my main, while I'm forced to play on other accs with my friends 😞
    At least I got some good matches:
    20200825190933_1.jpg
    20200825195046_1.jpg
    After the second one Cassie harassed me with I have trash aim, and I'm noob 😢 😢
    😂

• PC

I'm starting to really hate smurfing. 😒

Also, I love how there's somehow people with the attention span of a particularly stupid gnat playing f***ing ranked... As high as Diamond... /s

• @Dusklicious I have found Pip to be one of the best supports at the moment if you run combat medic and (forgot the card name) that allows you to heal for 100% of your potion if it hits them but not you. He also has decent damage and mobility at the same time, I honestly would say he's in too good of a position right now, along with seris.

• PC

Please nerf Viv mid-patch. She's disgusting and can prevent herself from even getting countered...

Double flank = loss every time, ESPECIALLY AGAINST Barik who has a good matchup into all but two of them... Zero point pressure, point tank will die a lot trying to f***ing cap...

• @Dusklicious I played some tanks, and I'm starting to remember how frustrating could be being a frontliner main.
    First of all: why my team does pick caut? Is it outfashion rn?
    20200828144100_1.jpg

We lost this second one. What could I do even more?
    20200828153402_1.jpg

• PC

@KicsitCsicska said in August Rage Thread:

@Dusklicious I played some tanks, and I'm starting to remember how frustrating could be being a frontliner main.
    First of all: why my team does pick caut? Is it outfashion rn?
    20200828144100_1.jpg

We lost this second one. What could I do even more?
    20200828153402_1.jpg

It's not. People are just idiots... Of course it doesn't help you have three supports including a Stun Damba (which is honestly essentially a throw pick at this point). Your comp at least has a Vivian which could pressure if they had half a brain but people play her usually because they either don't or are just sick people who delight in making other people feel pain.

Yeah it really SUCKS to be a tank main sometimes... To have to deal with DPS mains with no concept of applying pressure, and with people in general who think that it's your job to be everyone's full-time babysitter... Ugh. Frankly I feel much more pain playing support or flank than frontline though, partially because front is the only role I'm actually good at playing. But partially because healing morons with zero positioning skill is pain... And watching bad tank players is extra painful when you main the role...

• PC

Does Tiberius' hit box go double size when he leaps? Sha-lin sniped me mid air.. What BS.

• PC

Apparently posting a tier list on Guru is totally pointless. Just made one and it won't even load the page.

• PC

This Skye gets a "Woohoo! Cancel That!"/10 (Can't name and shame if their name doesn't even show up)

Reeeport Skye.jpg

Report Skye.jpg

Reeport Skye.jpg

Not too much later, still playing Fernando, I outdamaged a bad Tiber spamming "You Rock" "Cancel that" by 20k in 10 f***ing minutes. 10/16/4 Tiber, 19/9/12 Fern... Seems like the Tib isn't the problem to me. 🤔

• PC

Imagine trying to give somebody in casual advice (that deft hands is a terrible item on almost every character and that they should focus on maxing Caut instead), and they tell you to go play ranked... Also the same person whining about you is the same one that threatened to leave after losing a single point by 10% cap...Even with the slight extra DPS, they managed to still only do 20k more than their healer (hybrid Grover granted)... Just wow, I'm f***ing amazed by some of the f***ing morons that play this game. Getting toxic with somebody just trying to tell you something in casuals...

I'll also note that this thread is dying again... I can't be the only one with salt.