I want to talk about Strix

• I think strix should never have been released. He killed all the fun in this game and he started the burst meta. There is nothing they can do to balance him. He just needs to be deleted. I actually uninstalled right now because of strix. Seeing as how strix and 5 stacking are here to stay, I really don't want to come back. This game makes me want to cut myself.

• @Guldric I agree, strix's burst along with the lian and cassie one is way to high and easy.
    Strix can be rewarding just by hitting two body shots, what the fu** is this gameplay failure? Kinessa at least has to charge her shots, strix instead has just a little reload and crazy huge hitboxes and deals the same amount of damage. It's impossible to miss as strix, you don't even have to worry about hitting the headshot because 2 bodyshots are more than enough
    Usually single-action snipers in fps aren't made for bodyshots, they're made for people who can actually hit headshots. They should be rewarding only in good hands... but with strix is the complete opposite.
    Sniper from tf2 is half kinessa and half strix. He has a single action sniper that only deals 50 on body but 150 on head... but he can also charge his shots, when a shot is fully charged (it takes a while tho) he deals 150 on body and 400 on head.
    Strix needs his bodyshot damage to be nerfed as soon as possible... 800 damage instead of 1200 would be fine. The headshot damage can stay 1800, at least strix players will have to be more accurate to deal a lot of burst.

• Snipers became overpowered because of the following factors:

• The mass nerfing of mobility in OB 54 followed by several mobility nerfs from various game balance and netcode changes from there on after.
    • The burst meta growing since then caused by several damage buffs to all classes and the release of champions that have lots of burst. This primarily started because HiRez decided to redefine the flank class from a mobility class to a "high burst and high damage immunity" class. This resulted in other classes over time being buffed in damage to compete with the damage of the flank class and the cycle continues with other classes since then.
    • Footstep volume being increased drastically in one of the patches.
    • And more reveals and stealth in this game.

The result is that snipers have the most damage and range while being almost impossible to flank. A single sniper can lock down 3 enemies from peeking and the only way to close distance on them is to use your mount to push them in the beginning if you don't managed to get dismounted. Dash distances are not long enough to close gaps anymore, dodging is almost impossible because of slow ground speed and paladins hitboxes being larger than your model and hitscan registering sniper shots even if they missed.

Everything that has been done in the last 20 patches needs to be reverted. If we are truly ever going to end the burst meta.

• they are planning on nerfing strix a decent amount remember he has no mobility and they shouldn't nerf him to hard. After his swap speed is nerfed and his dr is removed Strix should be in line with Kinessa by a bit but still I will say his 2000-2600 dmg combo can be stupid. Not only that but they fact that his pistol can almost outdmg an ulted Kinessa carbine

• I think Strix should change "job" and become a Cow Boy.
    Most of players use his pistol and deal 220 damage with each hits, and someone can even hit you with his sniper rifle from 2 inch and than use the pistol again...
    This is so stupid...

• How about reworking his talon rifle to hold a single shot and reload after each shot? Make it somewhat similar to the time Nessa takes to charge a shot. That way he'll be less spammy and give a decent opponent the chance to react

• The question is, if it makes sense to have a sniper champion that can burst down others at close range. Especially with aimbot this guy is unbearable.

• @OriginalEquinox it won't work because strix can just buy deft hands to nullify that nerf. His firing rate need to be reduced instead.

I've seen this happen first hand with snipers using the reload rune in realm royale.

• PC

how to balance strix? makes his damage based on range, base damage at close range would be like 400-600 and it increases based on range up to 1200

that way it removes the noscope headshot which is braindead, removes his burst at close range as well, and he can finally be a sniper or use pistol in close combat

@OriginalEquinox A Bolt Action mechanic would be a damn fine addition to the game on Strix, and make it so they actually have to think about who they're aiming at and if it will hit them, instead of knowing they can fire immediately after and just continuously spam.

-Edit: By that mechanic, I do mean he physically loads into the chamber too.

• @CMS A "bolt-action" sniper rifle needs to be built into the firing rate animation and NOT be a 1 ammo weapon, otherwise Deft Hands will give him his old firing rate back.

@OrangeGirl That's what Deft Hands is for. If you wanted that, you'd have to sacrifice better items such as Cauterize or Wrecker!

• @OrangeGirl it would function like Sha's bow where there's a fixed fire rate (unless they decide to add a LC for it later on), and deft hands would only work with his secondary

• @TangAce said in I want to talk about Strix:

that way it removes the noscope headshot which is braindead, removes his burst at close range as well, and he can finally be a sniper or use pistol in close combat

Question is indeed if it makes sense he can fight with his gun on close range if he has a pistol for that. It could be made in that way that he automatically swaps to pistol when he is not in scope. With "Q" he could fire the flare then.

• strix RMB can steady to get a easy access on quickscope this need to be fix also 1200dmg its 2x stronger than kinessa and sha line which takes time for them to get a max dmg

• Switch

wow, I normally hate people who talk about nerfing my main man... But this was so well written, you have me on your side lol... but, like skye, strix is hard countered by one item... haven. and there's also the fact that he has a high skill floor, I think nerfing the damage isn't the answer, I like what cms was saying... my solution would be to increase the time in between shots... Just like they did with lian's presence build, they didn't nerf the damage, they just nerfed how often you could pull off the combo, it didn't make her an awful hero, but it did do a great job of making lian easier to deal with... So maybe do something similar to what they did to lian to strix? Don't nerf the damage of the shots, but increase the time between shots? idk just a though 🤷

EDIT: keep strix's quickscope, it is the only thing that seperates him from every other boring old champ, otherwise, he'd be a crappy nessa