Over The Moon again

• Hi!

I tried out this talent again, I played it 13 times yesterday. It's still crap. As it was. Also Fisheko said it. I was also harassed coz of using this talent, maybe coz everybody know how trash it is.
    So I know, you know, teammates know, pros know, and it's never picked in ranked for some reason. Not just nowdays, never. My question is simply: why Evil Mojo keeps talents trash? They have all the statistics, and we also wrote it on the forum many times. Why is it good?

The damage boost is for get kills earlier. But still most of the champions (all of the healers, her priority targets) are 3 shots for her. So this talent literally doesn't help you out. Except if you buy illuminaty and hunting down the 2000 HP Skye 😂

Simple problem, simple suggestion: Reduce the duration from 3s to 2s, but buff the dmg bonus from 20% to 35%. It would be still able to counter realy easily just buy using lvl2 HP card, or buy Blast Shield lvl1. It's avilable before the match start. But at least could garant some quickly kills against not prepared enemies.

I know it won't be added, it's not the first time it's on the forum, but still...

❄ 😇 ❄

• PC

Honestly, keep the 3 sec duration, buff the damage boost to 40%. It still wont be used bc wormhole exists anyways.

• What needed is reworking it Over the moon back. It should reduce soar cooldown and grant immunity to Cripple. Evie needs her mobility and sustain back.

• I think I already said this in the last thread where this proposed: just no, please. What you're both proposing is to give her 1.1k damage shots ! You know, almost the same dps as the strongest damage characters. On a flank. Nothing wrong with it. That's more than enough to two-shot 75% of the champions AT FULL HEALTH ! Even with Blast Shields 3, anyone below just 1800hp would be DEAD ! "Countered really easily" where ??? And all of this without considering that she literally has two cards that COMPLETELY reset her cooldown of Soar on kills: do you even realize how insanely strong would be her snowballing in the hands of a good player ? I understand that Over The Moon might be underwhelming right now, but that would just ridiculous. I agree with @jocasela, I'd rather see the talent be reworked.

• I have a friend who plays an Over the Moon Evie. At bonus, it deals 1,020 damage, which 2 shots most champions that have 2,000 hp or below. At 35% or 40% bonus damage, that'll be 2,295 or 2,380. That 2 shots supports and below, which is not good balance. The most they can increase the bonus damage by, and not make it busted is either have bonus damage deal 25% more damage, or increase her base damage by 875 while keeping the bonus damage at 20%.

Personally though, I'd rather they keep the bonus damage the same, but reduce the cooldown of soar by 3 seconds.

Or do like the old days where it didn't increase the damage at all, but reduced the cooldown of soar by 5 seconds.

• PC

Yeah, no. I don't see the need for two shotting literally every squishy in the game before blast shields.

I'd much rather have it grant CC immunity when using Soar and slightly reducing Soar's CD.

• Guys, it sucks even on bot matches
    20200829122019_1.jpg

I didnt suggest to buff her consistent dmg that much. Just read the post before comment anything. Dmg bonus duration reduced 3s->2s. Blast Shield 1 could stop it being able to two shot you. It's avilable when u start.

• @KicsitCsicska Evie deals 850 per shot, each second, at base. With a 35% increase it goes up to 1147,5 per shot. In 2 second she still can fire two shots, which is 2295 damage. Reduce it by 7% for Blast Shields 1 and it's 2134 damage. That's enough to kill half of the champions. Which means that they need to be at full health AND at least have Blast Shields 2 just to avoid being killed in two shots by her alone. If they ignore any other item and rush Blast Shields 3 they might be even able to stand some shots by any other enemy before being still two-shot by Evie, how fortunate. You're right, I see absolutely nothing wrong with this...

• @SomeGuySomeWhere said in Over The Moon again:

2134 damage. That's enough to kill half of the champions.

I don't know which game do you play, but 3/4 of them champs in paladins has 2200 HP at base or even more. Only flankers have less.

• @KicsitCsicska Ok, I admit that "half of the champions" was an hyperbole, I didn't mean it literally as "50% of them". But still, flankers plus Lian, Strix, Kinessa and Sha-Lin is quite a substantial number. Furthemore, all 2200 hp champions are just 66 dmg off from the threshold, that's basically peanuts ! Just change "full health" with "any hit below full health" in my last post and my point would be valid for them too. Ignoring my exaggeration, you can't possibly say I'm completely off target...

• @SomeGuySomeWhere If the enemy has ally healer, you can buy Cauterize. If the enemy has many CC you can buy Resillance. If the enemy has Over The Moon Evie you could buy Blast shield and/or use HP cards. This talent still has a huge disadvantage compared by Wormhole. Considering that she is one shot for snipers, and Desert Silence Sha Lin easily bully her any time.
    Being 66 or even 1 HP from the trashold means nothing. You still need 3 shots just like without this talent.
    And the targets are mostly on full HP. So this situation matters more than any others.
    We didn't even count with with ally-, and selfheals. If the target has any kind of low selfheal or gets a little bit heal from the healer still can survive the second shot.
    All in all 2 shot kills will be still easy to counter, at least it will have the possibly without Luminary pocket.

• @KicsitCsicska I won't even start to argue with the idea of comparing heals and CC with the ability of two-shots'ing people because it's ridiculous enough even before considering that Cauterize and Resilience are 3 times stronger than Blast Shields.
    Your "easy counters" to being two-shots'd as far as I can think are:
    A) Find a way to gain enough credits to buy Blast Shields 2 (or even 3 in some cases) while having both an Evie who can literally kill as soon as you spawn before you can do any action that would get you those credits and having to keep credits to buy other important items (including perhaps the aforementioned Cauterize and Resilience)
    B) Having an Hp card in all your loadouts for the specific evenience where the enemy team has an Evie with this talent (or having a dedicated loadout with the Hp card just for this scenario). Provided your character has one, of course (cough, Skye and Androxus).
    C) Hope that Evie will fight you in a private bubble where there's only you two and absolutely nobody has already hit you with that 100 dmg that would make the difference . You know, just like all fights go in a team based game, right ?
    D) Not being one of "her targets", because if I'm a Skye at full health without Blast Shields 3, Evie could two-shots me but she cannot because flank on flank violence is illegal, she's only supposed to go after healers and snipers.
    E) CC her so she cannot kill you but only with Stuns, because anything else wouldn't stop her from shooting. Clearly everybody has one of those in their pocket, especially her "targets".
    F) Out-damage her before she can kill you. Clearly everybody has enough dps to beat a 1.1k dps flank, especially her "targets".
    G) Out-heal her so she cannot kill you with two shots. Clearly everybody has enough self-sustain to beat 1.1k dps or at most any healer can heal you enough to do so, even in the extremely rare case the Evie has Cauterize. Especially when the healer themselves are her "targets".
    H) Don't get shot, lol. Clearly everybody can avoid the fight with an high mobility flank, especially her "targets".
    I) Have a bodyguard the whole game who'll deal with her. Yeah, I've got nothing against this, it's clearly an effective and totally viable strat.
    J) Hope they don't have a Luminary Jenos, in that case there's not much you can do. But hey, at least in any other case you can still try any of this easy counters, right ? If we really need to we could nerf Luminary again, it would clearly make more sense than not having this buff to Over the Moon in the first place.

I'm sorry if I'm overly sarcastic but I really despise the idea of another two-hits-ko ability in the game, so forgive me.

• OK, lets start.
    The bonus damage without decreasing the ttk in most secnearios makes no reason. This is why it need buff at least. Wormhole is still much safer.

even before considering that Cauterize and Resilience are 3 times stronger than Blast Shields.

OK, so don't buy Blast Shield, coz it's weak. Have fun against this viable Evie. It's your choise based on underestameting something realy important.

A) Find a way to gain enough credits to buy Blast Shields 2

Most of the champions need only Blast Shield 1, what is avilable at the start. Others can use HP cards or stay with team. It is a team based game, right?

B) Having an Hp card in all your loadouts for the specific evenience

You can do it. I have specific loadouts for Jenos pocket for example. Playing without caut3 against healer twam comps are also frustrating, not just playing against Evie without Blast Shield 2. You have to deal with it. After you got this item Evie is almost talentless.

C) Hope that Evie will fight you in a private bubble where there's only you two and absolutely nobody has already hit you with that 100 dmg that would make the difference .

Hope that Evie will fight you in a private bubble where there's only you two and absolutely nobody, how could heal you just by a little bit that would make the difference 🙂

D) Not being one of "her targets", because if I'm a Skye at full health without Blast Shields 3, Evie could two-shots me but she cannot because flank on flank violence is illegal

What the heck? 😄 You as Evie searching for Skye for days, while their healer is alive and there are low HP enemies to end? Skye can be invisible almost always. If you just huntig her you will definitly lose, but don't belive me...

E) CC her so she cannot kill you but only with Stuns, because anything else wouldn't stop her from shooting. Clearly everybody has one of those in their pocket, especially her "targets".

As you and also me mentioned already: 'It is a team based game, right?'. If you cc her, she's dead. Communicate with your team. I won't teach you how to play. Snpiers have more damage on any range and also can appear anywhere you don't expect them. Most of the damage dealers could still outdamage her, and she has no wormhole for go back asap.

F) Out-damage her before she can kill you. Clearly everybody has enough dps to beat a 1.1k dps flank, especially her "targets".

So you think Over the Moon with Luminary is absolutly OP, coz it still can two shot you. And cannot outdamage her... Try out your meta on ranked.

Clearly everybody has enough self-sustain to beat 1.1k dps

It's not consistent dps, just after Soar. You don't have to outdamage her ofc. You can try to get out, and you can die too. Whats the problem? A flanker finally got a kill? It is the thing you try to avoid with your suggestions? Coz this thread is about make her able to kill, and you find it a problem for some reason.

even in the extremely rare case the Evie has Cauterize.

Don't be ridiculous. Nobody said this is the case. But if you can not outheal 134 dmg against caut3 as a healer, not this Evie buff will be the mian problem. It deals 2134 dmg, but if you get just 135 heal, you are fine.

Especially when the healer themselves are her "targets".

The easiest point is here. Healers have the greatest selfheal in the game.

I) Have a bodyguard the whole game who'll deal with her. Yeah, I've got nothing against this, it's clearly an effective and totally viable strat.

It sounds like a wierd camp party, but if you actually play the game on higher elo you should watch your teammates as well. Everybody watches somebody, we are not Rambo palyers. 'It is a team based game, right?'

J) Hope they don't have a Luminary Jenos, in that case there's not much you can do. But hey, at least in any other case you can still try any of this easy counters, right ? If we really need to we could nerf Luminary again, it would clearly make more sense than not having this buff to Over the Moon in the first place.

If you don't like Luminary you could write a post about it, coz Over the Moon with Luminary is still 2 tap 2200 hp champions. Mana Rift + Luminary haven't been mentioned yet 😄 (its also 2 tap without any Soar cd and with a much faster projectile)

I'm sorry if I'm overly sarcastic

If yoiu meen sarcastic 'extremely rare case the Evie has Cauterize', coz you think 135 heal against cauterize is impossible, or 'Blast Shield 1 doesn't defend her top priority traget, Skye', or just complaining about two tap kills, coz snipers can't do it on any range, it's not a problem, just find better argues next time. Until then play with the Over the Moon, what "doesn't need a buff".

• @KicsitCsicska said in Over The Moon again:

It's not consistent dps, just after Soar.

That's exactly the whole f***ing problem ! I would agree with you on everything, heck, I wouldn't even have half of the arguments I presented, if it wasn't for the exact fact that she can have costantly Soar ready ! In any Over the Moon loadout there's always Impact and Killing Frosts, and it's not that hard to just type on YouTube "Evie Over the Moon compilation" or something and see what she can do with that and current Over the Moon. It would be just like Bounce House Buck but much much easier, with her 1.1 k shots. Any good Evie player could so easily snowball any group of non-frontlines in most fight situation: dive on them, get an easy kill, quick soar, get an easy kill, quick soar, get an easy kill, quick soar,...
    Are you perhaps trying to convince me that that would be fun to go against ?
    Of course it can be countered ! Of course less skilled players would't be effective with it ! But if people can become literally unstoppable with it now what would it be if we increased the strenght of the talent by 30% ????

• @SomeGuySomeWhere Over the Moon is as clunky as it needs kill to get the reset for the movement ability. Whormhole doesn't need anything. Andro has more dps at base, and the current Over the Moon with Luminary can do 2 shot kills, and this combo still extremly rarely to see. @Nico see it way more radically then me, you can discuss it furthermore.
    Anyways it could be also fine with @jocasela 's suggestion, by reduce the cd of Soar by 7s. It used to reduce it just by 5s, and it was even worse than now.
    So you could be the master of the Blink-shot-Soar-shot combo.