Makoa Buffs

• Pluck 75% damage buff > 100% damage buff

Allows him to shoot, hook, shoot, shoot 3s TTK
    down from 4s usual TTK making pluck the worst talent

Damage resistance during shell spin 0% > 50%

He's a tortoise in a hardened shell and he doesn't get any benefit in his shell? It's not long so it won't be op

Ebb and flow Reduce the cooldown 20% per level > Reset the cooldown when at or below 20% health per level

This is just stupid pretty much every movement ability works like the latter but makoa's never changed.

Shell Spin 150dmg > 500dmg

While his dps is low the extra 350 dmg may help slightly.

Leviathan Ultimate Charge Rate 15% > 30%

It's the slowest charging ultimate and doesn't get that large of a charge rate buff. around 4% per cannon ball.

Cannon fire rate 1s > 0.95s
    Won't affect TTK drastically (0.15s TTK change)

Harden DR card
    5% per level > 8% per level (25% > 35% at lvl 5)
    2s Duration > 4s (Necessary as you have to land the hook)

Tidal Grace Heal Card
    50hps > 100hps per level

It is virtually useless considering the duration and doesn't get much due to cauterise.

Sea legs

100hps > 200hps
    Once again, needed to land the hook, long cooldown and can be missed.

• @AbyssVision said in Makoa Buffs:

He doesn't really need all of that to be honest. He really just needs base damage increase from 550-->600, and shell spin damage from 150-->300. The 50% dr is interesting for shell spin. I think that's a nice idea. Other than that, the buffs would be too overpowered.

• @HeartQueen said in Makoa Buffs:

He doesn't really need all of that to be honest. He really just needs base damage increase from 550-->600, and shell spin damage from 150-->300. The 50% dr is interesting for shell spin. I think that's a nice idea. Other than that, the buffs would be too overpowered.

Yep, that's all koa needs. Also I would suggest a little faster ult charge. This ult isn't the most powerful thing anymore with all that powercreep.

• PC

Koa doesn't urgently need buffs right now to be honest... I thought he'd be meta after his buffs last go round but apparently he's just viable pretty consistently across the board. I think that Koa doesn't really need much more than this:

• Cannon Damage- 550 -> 600
    • Shell Spin Damage- 150 -> 400

This change would make three cannon hits and a shell spin confirm a kill on most squishies. I think that's really all he needs to have to be good honestly. The Shell Spin buff is probably coming next patch according to the AoC video posated by JayFlare a couple of days ago, by the way.

Alternatively, they could buff the Shell Spin to only 300 and get his hook up to 300, so he woudn't quite guarantee the kill with three Cannon hits and a Spin, but he would be able to do 900 with a hook and a cannon shot (1350 with Pluck, compared to live's 1063 Pluck damage and the original suggestion's 1150 Pluck damage).

• Personally, I would add some damage onto the hook itself.

100 damage is abysmal....
    300 should feel better as 300 + 550 = 850.