September Happy Thread

• PC

Damage Seris be Like:

DMG Seris Bee Like.jpg

DMG Seris be like.jpg

DMG Seriis Be Like.jpg

• PC

@Dusklicious said in September Happy Thread:

smurfing gives me so many free dubs I almost feel like a bad person doing it.

If you're going to play your main then you should feel guilty. Use the smurf account to practice your worst champions and roles. You'll likely still win anyway.

• PC

I have finally fudged with one of the tier list sites enough to make a workable Barik Card Tier List maker. Yay.

Still had to go through an obnoxious, and repetitive one at a time approach, but it all worked out.

• PC

I thought it was only actually possible to live Zhin guillotine with Raum without using ults.

Apparently Khan can too. Just requires you to press Q at the right moment. In fact Khan will only take a single hit from it if you time it perfectly.

New Seris, Barik main. Same KDA with both.

A show of how easy it is to get a high KDA with seris.jpg

Honestly just shows you how easy it is to get a high KDA with her compared to other characters.

• @Dusklicious Welcome to the club 😀
    She isn't that ez for most of the players anyways. Your KDA and winrate-above-50% are still the half of mine 😛

I bought you two Ying matches. She totaly surpassed Seris.
    The first with Resonance:
    20200912215014_1.jpg
    And the second with Focusing Lens:
    20200916000437_1.jpg

• @KicsitCsicska Ying is pretty easy, ngl. I honestly agree that she is easier than Seris when using Resonance.
    At least with Focusing Lens you have to hit your weapon shots, and at least with Life Exchange, you have to hit your heals. Resonance is literally, "my illusions automatically explode and deal auto-aim damage."

• PC

So I have a Discord server that isn't entirely empty, but still kind of empty. Guess that's a victory.

• @Dusklicious ig so. I'm the one guy in your discord server btw lol

• PC

@SNIper-poTAto said in September Happy Thread:

@Dusklicious ig so. I'm the one guy in your discord server btw lol

Yeah still nothing in it at all, but two people in a Discord server is still a pretty empty Discord server... 🤐

• PC

So I was looking for things to use for now as emotes for my Discord server when I came across this:

Laser Eyes Barik.jpg

EDIT for the sake of trying not to quadruple post in these threads again: There's unfortunately very little Barik-oriented emotes that I can really find.

• Sacrifice is meta!
    I tried to kill as much as possible, and i got top heals somehow...
    20200917194523_1.jpg

• PC

"Barik is Bad" - literally everyone on the Paladins Discord

BaRiK iS bAaD.jpg

BaRiK iS BaD.jpg

BaRiIk Is BaD.jpg

Honestly Barik is actually at least a top 5 tank if you turn your brain on. Since everyone plays point like they're playing Inara of course they aren't going to perform with a character that requires brain cells to play.

EDIT: As of the edit, I've stomped 4 games in a row with this "BAD" character.

• Bleu wall (without my main)
    20200917211228_1.jpg

• PC

Seriously, though, how many times do I have to do this before the Barik dissers see they're wrong about him?

Barik is soooo b.jpg

Barik is soooo ba.jpg

Barik is soooo bad.jpg

And that is after getting Drog ulted 4 times.

• @Dusklicious Barik is the most played point tank besides Inara. You don't have to prove his force, everybody knows it above bronze.
    Being able to useful as hybrid Seris is something what needed to prove, coz I was always harassed before Vex30 propagated her.

• PC

@KicsitCsicska said in September Happy Thread:

@Dusklicious Barik is the most played point tank besides Inara. You don't have to prove his force, everybody knows it above bronze.
    Being useful hybrid Seris is something what needed to prove, coz I was always harassed before Vex30 propagated her.

Barik right now is probably around fourth best tank imho. I will grant he's not as good as Inara or Term is right now. Term has a lot of burst and sustain potential while Inara is just a very easy point anyone can play with the best sustain in the entire game. I'll also say Ash is better as well because of her ability to easily bully backlines but also can be viably be played pseudo-point. He just has to be accomodated for to some extent to get him to his potential. Most tanks play like they think they should face tank everything, it's the only logical reason why Barik wouldn't be good to anyone honestly.

He does admittedly get countered by Term and Inara if they run their CC talents, but almost nobody runs those in ranked. Term always runs Deci and Inara always runs Grace.

• PC

Really, really anticipating this Torvald rework... The character right now is literally the worst character in the entire game with some interesting potential to be something better. Maybe something more akin to the old Alternating Current Torv...

If Alternating Current were put back as one of his talents that would be hype. An actually good version of Alternating Current that makes it a good talent. Of course they'd have to buff base recharge, because honestly it's just a worse Soul Harvest with its current implementation.

EDIT: Semantics.

"Barik is just a bad character"

Ranked Blue Wall 9192020.jpg

• @Dusklicious said in September Happy Thread:

Dude, I already wrote that it's false. He is about 80% often picked on ranked matches. Coz ppl know that he is one of the best point tank.

• PC

@KicsitCsicska said in September Happy Thread:

@Dusklicious said in September Happy Thread:

Dude, I already wrote that it's false. He is about 80% often picked on ranked matches. Coz ppl know that he is one of the best point tank.

I never implied that you thought that. I was saying that there are people who do think that.

• @Dusklicious It's not about me or you. Barik is about 80% often (almost always) picked on ranked for a very reason. Who think Barik is bad (s)he knows nothing about Paladins. You can ask them to go onto high elo ranked and watch out how good players play this game.

You shouldn't fight for justice for a meta championat all. If you want to change ppl's mind and prove that they are wrong show non-meta match scoreboards with unbelivable stats. As I did with Binary Star, Soul Collector or Sacrifice talents in these weeks.

I like to fight for dmg supporters, who are used to heal on ranked (not Pip and Ghrok, who are literally damage dealers). But you could show these two as healers, or flankers as tanks, or show us non meta lvl5 cards (Evie with Avalanche, Chilled, Howling Gale, Keep Moving, max self heal Willo, max speed Ying) or flanker snipers, Direct Current Torvald, max knock back Cassie... These are combo's what works with the title:
    "They said it's trash. I still carried."

Postscript: There's no problem with showing your awesome matches with a meta champ. Just don't tell us that they said Barik is weak.