September Happy Thread

• PC

@Dusklicious said in September Happy Thread:

Yeah I didn't realize just how BAD the MM was for that one.... That team went 0-36-0 that game... Probably because they were stuck in spawn for half the game. It didn't help that they decided to run a double flank comp on Frog Isle.
    Guess that's what happens when you're in a 5-stack with mostly golds, it just confuses the MM.

lol - I didn't even look at the stats. What happened to high stack parties getting weighted with a higher MMR? Clearly it's F'd up. Freebie for you guys.

I take it that match made you diamond again? Otherwise there is a bug allowing you to Q with them - wouldn't surprise me though. I mean if I can get put into a match on the Brazil server when Qing for NA I guess anything's possible.

• PC

@Vaporized said in September Happy Thread:

I take it that match made you diamond again?

Yep that was the match. But yeah I honestly low key feel bad for them to have to get wrecked by bad MM like that.

• PC

@HeartQueen said in September Happy Thread:

if I have a high mmr and winrate in casual, they'll start making it so I'm more likely to win a game.

If I play ranked on this account I'm guaranteed Diamond, right? Somehow I don't believe that's how it works.

lol.jpg

• @Vaporized said in September Happy Thread:

if I have a high mmr and winrate in casual, they'll start making it so I'm more likely to win a game.

If I play ranked on this account I'm guaranteed Diamond, right? Somehow I don't believe that's how it works.

lol.jpg

I personally don't know. It's a theory. Basically, some guy was trying so hard to get his friend to grandmaster. His friend was actually good, but they would always get trolls. He said that he stacked with his friend in casuals, and boosted his casual mmr. After that, becoming a grandmaster was easy. It could just be a coincidence, but it's a theory I'm willing to test out myself. I've been having some fun in casuals, but I've also been farming with Lian. I could farm with Viktor and Vivian, but I have SOME standards. I would never stoop low enough to farm with those two.

• PC

lol.jpg

I personally don't know. It's a theory. Basically, some guy was trying so hard to get his friend to grandmaster. His friend was actually good, but they would always get trolls. He said that he stacked with his friend in casuals, and boosted his casual mmr. After that, becoming a grandmaster was easy. It could just be a coincidence, but it's a theory I'm willing to test out myself. I've been having some fun in casuals, but I've also been farming with Lian. I could farm with Viktor and Vivian, but I have SOME standards. I would never stoop low enough to farm with those two.

That's basically a joke post - 3 matches in s3... lol That account looked like this in S2.

s2.jpg

I'm sure if I was to place that account I would end up in gold something. Personally I think the casual MMR is used in some way for initial placement for players who never played rank ever. After that the prior rank is used as well moving forward. Probably there is some sort of weighting of the two after a reset.

• @Vaporized said in September Happy Thread:

lol.jpg

That's basically a joke post - 3 matches in s3... lol That account looked like this in S2.

s2.jpg

I'm sure if I was to place that account I would end up in gold something. Personally I think the casual MMR is used in some way for initial placement for players who never played rank ever. After that the prior rank is used as well moving forward. Probably there is some sort of weighting of the two after a reset.

So basically, you might place Gold or Platinum initially, but the game would do its best to boost you. By giving you better teammates and putting you against trolls. https://www.reddit.com/r/PaladinsRealm/comments/igtgr2/this_is_the_secret_about_ranked_which_people_dont/

"I learned that your casual overall winrate actually effects your starting rank in ranked... We tested this theory with my friend who allways starts at silvers... We made 2 different accounts. First one was allways looses and always trolls, and second one is allways wins, rarely looses matches, a carryin' killin' machine... Then we made both of them win all 5 of those unranked matches... The one who wins everything (high winrate) started at Platinum 1, and the other one started at Silver 5... Yep... A silver 5 ! Even won every 5 of them...

So, with that knowledge, we started to boost my friends winrate in all casual matches, we gone hard carry mode... And at the start of the season 3, he finally be able to start at the Platinium 1 just like me and I started at Diamond 5... Then, we easily be able to reach Masters with gaining high TP and loosing less... It's like game is wanted to boost us somehow to masters, gives us less problematic teammates and more terrible enemies... I even somehow be able to break my curse of gain less and loose more TP thing... We also be able to gain high winrates in ranked too after this...And skipped many ranks to masters too even we loose some of those matches like 5 or 6 of them.."

It could just be a coincidence, but I'm willing to do anything. My casual mmr isn't the best and neither is my winrate. That's because I do bullshit around in casuals by picking anyone I feel like playing. So now, I'm going hard carry mode into casuals. I'm just going the fuck off with Lian and farming a winrate. I'm curious to see if I'll get better teammates because I do have games where I try my hardest to carry, but it doesn't work. Maybe it'll be an easier climb if I farm casuals.

• PC

lol.jpg

s2.jpg

So basically, you might place Gold or Platinum initially, but the game would do its best to boost you. By giving you better teammates and putting you against trolls. https://www.reddit.com/r/PaladinsRealm/comments/igtgr2/this_is_the_secret_about_ranked_which_people_dont/

"I learned that your casual overall winrate actually effects your starting rank in ranked... We tested this theory with my friend who allways starts at silvers... We made 2 different accounts. First one was allways looses and always trolls, and second one is allways wins, rarely looses matches, a carryin' killin' machine... Then we made both of them win all 5 of those unranked matches... The one who wins everything (high winrate) started at Platinum 1, and the other one started at Silver 5... Yep... A silver 5 ! Even won every 5 of them...

So, with that knowledge, we started to boost my friends winrate in all casual matches, we gone hard carry mode... And at the start of the season 3, he finally be able to start at the Platinium 1 just like me and I started at Diamond 5... Then, we easily be able to reach Masters with gaining high TP and loosing less... It's like game is wanted to boost us somehow to masters, gives us less problematic teammates and more terrible enemies... I even somehow be able to break my curse of gain less and loose more TP thing... We also be able to gain high winrates in ranked too after this...And skipped many ranks to masters too even we loose some of those matches like 5 or 6 of them.."

It could just be a coincidence, but I'm willing to do anything. My casual mmr isn't the best and neither is my winrate. That's because I do bullshit around in casuals by picking anyone I feel like playing. So now, I'm going hard carry mode into casuals. I'm just going the fuck off with Lian and farming a winrate. I'm curious to see if I'll get better teammates because I do have games where I try my hardest to carry, but it doesn't work. Maybe it'll be an easier climb if I farm casuals.

I doubt I would place plat. I'm an average player so gold is probably where I belong. I really don't care and don't play ranked enough to climb. I play to have fun so casuals is my thing. I haven't played ranked much this year but season 2 I had some really good ranked matches - I mean when your team says "that was intense" even when losing the defend that says something. Season 3 the comments were "this is ranked?". I haven't been impressed with the quality of S3's ranked matches.

This is my son's account:
    son.jpg

sonrank.jpg

He placed gold something - he duod with me to place and then solo after. As you can see it didn't take him long to reach diamond IV. If he played a little more I'm sure he'd reach masters. I think account level factors in. He also picks Maeve into most anything. If he doesn't get her then some sort of DPS. He will fill but he is flank/damage at heart. I don't think he's ever played support in a ranked match - lol. Once I told him when he gets his frame he lost interest.

Maybe his account supports the theory, IDK. GL with it.

• PC

That game you outduel a GM andro TWICE with Barik:

https://paladins.guru/match/1025399020

• I have found a fanatic Seris main!
    20200922214133_1.jpg
    Level 450, OMG!!!
    This player plays only as Seris! I have never seen any champion board like this before 😮
    lvl450seris.PNG
    I concentrated her as much as possible, but my team...
    20200922220025_1.jpg

• PC

Damage Seris, the Pog Champion.

Damage Seris Pogg.jpg
    Damage Seris Pog.jpg
    Damage Seris is Pog.jpg

Also Ruckus Pog.

Ruckus bee kinda pog.jpg
    Ruckus be kinda pog.jpg
    Ruckus be kinda pogg.jpg

• "Torvald is the most useless ****, so don't ask for heal" 😂 😂 😂
    20200923182541_1.jpg
    20200923193103_1.jpg
    20200923204833_1.jpg

• PC

Barik God Mode Engaged.

Laser Eyes Barik.jpg

I am a Barik GOD.jpg

I am a Barik Godd.jpg

Hand yourself to the Church of Barik for ultimate wisdom on the art of tank carrying.

• @Dusklicious This is what I call damage Seris 😀
    20200924215347_1.jpg
    I tried to replay your 14/0/10 match hoping for learn something, but Paladins can't replay it 😞

• PC

Old Duo Partner: "CaSsIe CaN't CaRrY"

Cassie can't carry.jpg

Cassie has been a top 5 damage for literal YEARS. What. In fact for a lot of that THE BEST IN THE GAME...

• PC

@KicsitCsicska said in September Happy Thread:

I tried to replay your 14/0/10 match hoping for learn something, but Paladins can't replay it

Only thing you would learn from that match is that MM gave him a free win.

alt text

• PC

I tried to replay your 14/0/10 match hoping for learn something, but Paladins can't replay it

alt text

Different match, but ^this^ game was a free win. The 14/0/10 match was the most absurd carry ever.

• PC

@Dusklicious said in September Happy Thread:

alt text

Different match, but ^this^ game was a free win. The 14/0/10 match was the most absurd carry ever.

My mistake... Looks like possible bots there or worse than bots 🙂

• PC

I'm actually not happy about this but I know some people will be:

Seems like Zhin is probably getting a skin during the next BP.

EDIT: I would actually be UNHAPPY if this is the case, but I've heard it might be Tiberius. HE JUST GOT A SKIN LIKE TWO BPS AGO!

• Torvald is my favorite champion. So much fun, especially on frog isle or against double flank. I love ice block.

• I just saw on Twitter that Corvus is a getting a nerf to his Grand Design card. From {5|5}%-->{3|3}% per level. I hope they nerf more things about his kit. Corvus has got to be one of the most annoying meta supports in the game. Remember when everyone complained about Furia? lol. What a bunch of suckers in the grand scheme of things.